Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Like I said, he won't be super motivated if BA keeps him to start the year, it will only get worse for Chych and the Coyotes, BA misplaying his hand again I think anyway.
We'll see how the fabled sit-down between Chychrun, BA and Tourigny at the start of training camp goes. It's pretty much their last shot to get him on board with the organization's direction.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Like I said, he won't be super motivated if BA keeps him to start the year, it will only get worse for Chych and the Coyotes, BA misplaying his hand again I think anyway.
It's hard to perform your best at work when you're wishing you worked for another company. It's even harder when your future is a big question mark. Add in the fact that he is fully aware he is under a microscope with everyone watching how this saga turns out - how he performs, if he can stay healthy, that it's up to him to entice other suitors, etc.

It's a lot of weight on his shoulders!

Edit: I think the weight will get him to try and do too much, more than suck the motivation out of him.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't believe that for even one second.
from Morgan's mailbag today in regards to whether Chychrun's camp torpedoed a trade to Columbus.

"I reported on the Columbus story right after the draft. I had multiple sources tell me that was the case, but a Columbus source denied it."

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Maybe I missed it but I have yet to see a direct quote from Chychrun saying he wants to be traded. Could one of you people that continue to claim he is demanding a trade please post a link to said quote. And before you start thinking I’m new because this is my first post, I am not. I have been reading hfboards, mainly Coyotes stuff, for many years, just never felt like getting involved until now.
He was quoted, that he liked AZ but he does not want to go through a rebuild, at the end of last season. To me it sounded like he was disappointed in the season he had and the situation he was placed in (like playing the off-side because he was partnered with a LHD AHLer). That is not a good way to succeed. I've argued that the rebuild we are having is unprecedented and will be quicker than anticipated. We will see results before Chychrun's contract is up. Part of that assumption is we'll bring over the Russians and they'll have an impact. I am a homer and think this past year's draftees will be special (Cooley, Geekie, Lamoureux, Duda) and contribute in a couple of years.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Maybe I missed it but I have yet to see a direct quote from Chychrun saying he wants to be traded. Could one of you people that continue to claim he is demanding a trade please post a link to said quote. And before you start thinking I’m new because this is my first post, I am not. I have been reading hfboards, mainly Coyotes stuff, for many years, just never felt like getting involved until now.
Do you have a PHNX membership? There was an article Craig Morgan wrote from clean out day that should read.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Glad you took the plunge into posting!

I don't believe there is an official quote from his camp. I think the only slightly official statements are from Morgan who has indicated that Chychrun is unhappy. I don't believe BA has really said anything official either but just the typical "we explore offers for any player" type quotes but this has obviously gotten way beyond that.

Could this be all smoke? Maybe. Is there a fire that has been burning since at least last Nov when rumors started? Probably
BA was pretty explicit about it during interviews this summer. About how Chychrun is a good pro and he’ll handle it well if he’s not dealt. He made several statements that make zero logical sense if a trade request hasn’t been presented. There is no doubt that Chychrun has asked to be traded.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I disagree 100%.

It's hard to perform your best at work when you're wishing you worked for another company. It's even harder when your future is a big question mark. Add in the fact that he is fully aware he is under a microscope with everyone watching how this saga turns out - how he performs, if he can stay healthy, that it's up to him to entice other suitors, etc.

It's a lot of weight on his shoulders!

Edit: I think the weight will get him to try and do too much, more than suck the motivation out of him.
Disagree 100%

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
The most important thing that needs to happen is Chychrun needs to be on the same page with Tourigny. They didn't mesh right from the beginning (Ghost had 1pp minutes by the second game of the season and never looked back). We're not at OEL-Tocchet levels yet, but they have to rehabilitate and figure out why Chychrun had the approach and the season he had.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You know Chychrun's contract fits pretty well for the years that Minni is in cap hell with the contract buyouts. Pair him with Goligoski and you have a great proven pairing for 20-23 mins/night.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
You know Chychrun's contract fits pretty well for the years that Minni is in cap hell with the contract buyouts. Pair him with Goligoski and you have a great proven pairing for 20-23 mins/night.
I think BA is not keen on sending him to a western team.

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
That's a great fit. They want to move on from Dumba anyway because of their cap situation and Addison being ready to move into his spot. If they don't move Dumba now or at the tdl, he's gone so they should trade him for assets. The Wild aren't going to give up much for Chych though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I occasionally give myself a break from certain posters for about a month or so if I feel I need it. Currently I don't have anyone on my ignore list. Not sure how long that will last but it's where I am at right now.
So, you don't like reading other posters opinions, even if they sound dumb or crazy? I would never put any poster on a ignore list. I read them all, many for a good laugh and entertainment. We all have our own opinion. I'm sure we all have made a post where others have thought it was dumb or crazy.:laugh:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So, you don't like reading other posters opinions, even if they sound dumb or crazy? I would never put any poster on a ignore list. I read them all, many for a good laugh and entertainment. We all have our own opinion. I'm sure we all have made a post where others have thought it was dumb or crazy.:laugh:
Sometimes u just get tired of someone who voices what you feel is an uneducated opinion. So u take a break for a month or so to recharge the tolerance levels.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sometimes u just get tired of someone who voices what you feel is an uneducated opinion. So u take a break for a month or so to recharge the tolerance levels.
I understand, but they probably think of it as an educated opinion. When I reach that point I either pass their post, or just skim through it, but I never put them on the ignore list. Each to their own though.

Their prospect pool is one i’d absolutely love to raid.
Billy is too smart to let that happen.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
He'd get over it for the right caliber prospect. I think Chychrun @50% to Minny for Middleton+++ gets you something real nice.
Haha . MIN isn't trading their big body 1d pairing they just resigned for Chychrun. Some of you are living a fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad