Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He got UFA years from Crouse. He didn’t have to.

He got a 1st and 2nd for Dvorak when few thought we could get a first.

Keumper was dealt not just for the first that nobody thought we could get let alone a prospect like Timmins included.

BA did sacrifice the OEL situation by getting a top 10 pick. Yes we lost Garland but how have the Canucks made out in their attempts to move him? If we had Garland now we would be trying to deal him and hoping to get a 3rd right now.

How did we make out on that Adin Hill trade in hindsight?

BA has done well waiting.
Who's Timmins? I kid I kid

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Would you trade Guenther, Hayton and unconditional 23 1st for Chyc?

It would be a hell no from me. BA is screwing him. Sure I will trade you wink wink

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

It would be a hell no from me. BA is screwing him. Sure I will trade you wink wink

Guenther is significantly higher rated than any prospect we’ve ever seriously discussed in a return. Pronman has Guenther 25th on his U23 list. Knies is 65th, Broberg 76th, Bourgault 120th, Greig 127th, Morrow 155th and Neighbours 163rd.

Also, our 1st is likely to be top 3. We’re looking for a pick in the 20s.

A closer approximation of the type of value we’ve been asking for on Chychrun Chychrun’s would be Hayton, Soderstrom and a playoff 1st.

Last edited:

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Guenther well above the caliber of prospects anyone here is suggesting as part of the return.
Obviously, we don't know what BA is really discussing player-wise with other teams, but it seems to me there's been a steady decline in his trade value here on HFboards since the rumors began. We started out dreaming about players like McTavish, Lundell, Knight, etc. and gradually got to where we're at Hayton, Soderstrom, and a late first value.

Reactions: Mangosteen

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Obviously, we don't know what BA is really discussing player-wise with other teams, but it seems to me there's been a steady decline in his trade value here on HFboards since the rumors began. We started out dreaming about players like McTavish, Lundell, Knight, etc. and gradually got to where we're at Hayton, Soderstrom, and a late first value.
I feel like there’s been some confusion around when people are suggesting what they personally feel the value is, versus when they’re suggesting something based on rumored asking prices.

Myself, I’ve been of the belief that he’s worth a something equivalent to two 25th overall picks and one 55th overall pick. Probably not three actual picks. But assets with that equivalence.

I’ve also never believed that we’d accept a negative value asset just as a cost of doing business. Iafallo or Holl? Sure. Zaitsev or Hornqvist? No way. Not without some notable offsetting value.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Keumper was dealt not just for the first that nobody thought we could get let alone a prospect like Timmins included.

BA did sacrifice the OEL situation by getting a top 10 pick. Yes we lost Garland but how have the Canucks made out in their attempts to move him? If we had Garland now we would be trying to deal him and hoping to get a 3rd right now.

Crouse giving up a UFA year or two is normal. DVO was well worth what we got and more as a solid 3C and likely he is a 2C. BA didn't fleece anyone. We have zero decent C's right now, I think it was a bad idea to trade DVO. We shall see on Timmons and the 30th pick from Colorado isn't much, they just won the cup. How about we get more if they win the cup and Kuemper was playing?

BA waiting cost a 1 year to start a rebuild and it cost us garland to unload OEL because he waited a year. We would keep Garland now, he is a spark plug, could have been the face of the team the way he plays. BA hasn't done well waiting at all, and I bet it will be the same thing with Chych.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Crouse giving up a UFA year or two is normal. DVO was well worth what we got and more as a solid 3C and likely he is a 2C. BA didn't fleece anyone. We have zero decent C's right now, I think it was a bad idea to trade DVO. We shall see on Timmons and the 30th pick from Colorado isn't much, they just won the cup. How about we get more if they win the cup and Kuemper was playing?

BA waiting cost a 1 year to start a rebuild and it cost us garland to unload OEL because he waited a year. We would keep Garland now, he is a spark plug, could have been the face of the team the way he plays. BA hasn't done well waiting at all, and I bet it will be the same thing with Chych.
I agree with all the things hbk said and none of the things you said. Haha. :dunno:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

With one exception, not firing RT!

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Ah, but so many clueless wonders on the forum. It’s similar to repeating a lie in that some (even some that know better) will start to believe.

Reactions: Jakey53

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
King’s are low on capspace. They need to get Mikey Anderson and Sean Durzi signed. They’re LD depth is abysmal. JAD and Vilardi are out of waiver exemptions. Kaliyev and Grumdstrom are moving up the depth chart. With the addition of Fialia, I think Iafallo is getting squeezed.

He’d be a really good asset for us to grab in a Chychrun deal and flip later. He’s a playoff type player that teams will want. Meanwhile, I bet we could also snag Durzi. Who I think is a great long-term fit. Maybe LA adds their ‘23 1st and ‘23 2nd and they’ve got the space they need to sign Anderson, and they’ve left spots open for Vilardi and JAD. Their LD is suddenly a whole new world.

Would you guys do Iafallo, Durzi, 23 1st and 23 2nd for Chychrun? I think I probably would. I’d spoon feed Iafallo top minutes, and look to move him at the deadline with retention.

The deal solves a lot of problems for LA. We get a really nice 1st, a 2nd we can package with our own for another 1st, clearing the path forward for another three 1sts draft. Moser+Durzi is a solid long-term 2nd pairing.
Iafallo is 28 and Durzi is 7 months younger than Chychrun. Nice players, but what if Iafallo struggles and return at TDL is disappointing? Durzi is solid but probably 2-3 years older than a prospect BA would want.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Iafallo is 28 and Durzi is 7 months younger than Chychrun. Nice players, but what if Iafallo struggles and return at TDL is disappointing? Durzi is solid but probably 2-3 years older than a prospect BA would want.
Iafallo is not meant to add value. Durzi is three months younger than Keller. We just re-signed Crouse and called him a core piece. He’s older than all three.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Normally teams may want to know if the guy they are acquiring wants to play there. This is not uncommon; especially for a market like Columbus which has been burnt by players demanding out.
If true I think Chych would be a dumb fool not wanting to play for Columbus. That is a team with a lot of talent headed in the right direction.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The Finnish GM? You're being ridiculous. This isn't only wrong, but it's completely lacking in logic. I'm going to turn this conversation off. It's hurting my head. I'll see you and Jake again when camp starts. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Can't handle the banter? :laugh: Nothing wrong with posters having different opinions.

RollingCoyote

Aug 13, 2022
Maybe I missed it but I have yet to see a direct quote from Chychrun saying he wants to be traded. Could one of you people that continue to claim he is demanding a trade please post a link to said quote. And before you start thinking I’m new because this is my first post, I am not. I have been reading hfboards, mainly Coyotes stuff, for many years, just never felt like getting involved until now.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Maybe I missed it but I have yet to see a direct quote from Chychrun saying he wants to be traded. Could one of you people that continue to claim he is demanding a trade please post a link to said quote. And before you start thinking I’m new because this is my first post, I am not. I have been reading hfboards, mainly Coyotes stuff, for many years, just never felt like getting involved until now.

Glad you took the plunge into posting!

I don't believe there is an official quote from his camp. I think the only slightly official statements are from Morgan who has indicated that Chychrun is unhappy. I don't believe BA has really said anything official either but just the typical "we explore offers for any player" type quotes but this has obviously gotten way beyond that.

Could this be all smoke? Maybe. Is there a fire that has been burning since at least last Nov when rumors started? Probably

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
@RollingCoyote, this is the only time I can recall, or that I'm aware of, Chychrun is quoted on being traded. I'm not sure if he's "demanded" a trade, but more like he's made it known he prefers not to stick around for the rebuild.

Screenshot_20220831-105636_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
@RollingCoyote, this is the only time I can recall, or that I'm aware of, Chychrun is quoted on being traded. I'm not sure if he's "demanded" a trade, but more like he's made it known he prefers not to stick around for the rebuild.

View attachment 580539
Like I said, he won't be super motivated if BA keeps him to start the year, it will only get worse for Chych and the Coyotes, BA misplaying his hand again I think anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad