Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
His dad can't keep him off injured reserve or help him stay out of his own head and produce. Chychrun is definitely worth more to us than any other team, that's been made very clear by every team that has "kicked the tires." But he doesn't want to be here and unless he stays healthy and produces his value to us and to other teams will drop significantly.
Injuries is something no one can predict, but coming from a NHL hockey family, I would think he is getting a lot of good advise from his dad. Jakob knows he has to play better to get traded, and I think he will if AT utilizes him properly.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Injuries is something no one can predict, but coming from a NHL hockey family, I would think he is getting a lot of good advise from his dad. Jakob knows he has to play better to get traded, and I think he will if AT utilizes him properly.
I agree that AT needs to put Chychrun in a position to succeed, but Chychrun also needs to perform wherever the team needs him. He needs to earn it, just like everyone else. Did he earn it last season? I don't think so. He got outplayed by others on the team that did.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
what fiasco? From our one media member? Are we going to go on a prolonged losing streak? If this was a normal season I get your point but this is a tank season. We don't care about distractions.
Fiasco if he sits out. What does that say to the rest of the team? Our best young player is so unhappy by being jacked around, he decided to sit out. This will cause team disruption. Tanking has nothing to do with it. Ending it via a trade avoids the collateral damage.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Chych does have to be a good citizen. Chych has NO leverage. If Chych sits out it will only hurt his character and value, while helping the Coyote's tank. Chych signed a contract and I believe he will be at training camp playing his heart out. It was only last year that most wanted Chych as the next captain mostly because of his character, and I don't think he wants to tarnish that. Besides, Chych knows that the best and fastest way out of dodge is for him to play like he did two years ago.
I don't think he sits out but he might. Trouba did it and he got traded. Sitting won't tarnish his character but it will put pressure on BA to trade him. His agent will be telling the team trading for him that his client was told one thing about rebuilding from BA, then it all changed, he wanted out, BA said he would work on it, now its been almost a year. Chych is tired of getting jacked around by BA and mislead. Chych sitting won't effect a teams thoughts on trading for him.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't expect him to sit out either, but if he did, most teams wouldn't care about his 'reputation.' They'd be more than happy to take advantage of the situation. What happens during this coming season with his health and play could be way more damaging to him than sitting out would IMO.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fiasco if he sits out. What does that say to the rest of the team? Our best young player is so unhappy by being jacked around, he decided to sit out. This will cause team disruption. Tanking has nothing to do with it. Ending it via a trade avoids the collateral damage.
He won't sit out. How is he being jacked around? You don't trade players because they want out without getting value back. Chych will get traded when BA thinks he gets the right value back, period.

I don't think he sits out but he might. Trouba did it and he got traded. Sitting won't tarnish his character but it will put pressure on BA to trade him. His agent will be telling the team trading for him that his client was told one thing about rebuilding from BA, then it all changed, he wanted out, BA said he would work on it, now its been almost a year. Chych is tired of getting jacked around by BA and mislead. Chych sitting won't effect a teams thoughts on trading for him.
Man, are you out in left field with your assumptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It says Chychrun is a selfish player who only wants to play in certain markets and under certain conditions. Can you rely on him to be there when the team needs him or is it only when he deems it appropriate?

Show up. Get paid. Play well. Get traded. That's the deal. He would have been traded sooner but Chychrun got hurt before the deadline and apparently Chychrun torpedoed a trade at the draft to Columbus (which I asked Morgan to confirm today) so the only reason Chychrun is a Coyote right now may be because he didn't want to go the team that stepped up to trade for him. That's a Chychrun issue. He prolonged this situation.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Does Chychrun contractually get any say in where he gets traded?
Absolutely not. His 10 team no-trade list doesn't kick in until next year. The rumour is Chychrun's camp told the team in question (Columbus) that he did not want to play for their organization. Based on that information the deal was torpedoed.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Absolutely not. His 10 team no-trade list doesn't kick in until next year. The rumour is Chychrun's camp told the team in question (Columbus) that he did not want to play for their organization. Based on that information the deal was torpedoed.
That news is disappointing, if it's true. One of my fears was that BA would actually seek his input first. The other is that Chychrun may be acting entitled. Curious to see how Morgan responds. Please do let us know!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I never heard about that Columbus deal.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
To LA
Chychrun

To AZ
‘23 LA 1st
Iafallo
Durzi
‘23 2nd or Vilardi (LA’s choice)

Yay or nay?

Iaffalo at 28 years old, obviously isn't a great fit for our rebuild. Will he carry positive trade value at the deadline?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Iaffalo at 28 years old, obviously isn't a great fit for our rebuild. Will he carry positive trade value at the deadline?
I think with spoon fed minutes on a weak team, and some salary retention, he could get us a positive value asset. Maybe a nice one. He strikes me as a playoff piece for a bubble team. Doesn’t have to be this deadline. We could move Ritchie and Kassian this year and then Iafallo next.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
So, if used properly, if he plays well, if he isn't injured and if he is motivated, we then trade him for a better return? Good luck with that, too many if's.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So, if used properly, if he plays well, if he isn't injured and if he is motivated, we then trade him for a better return? Good luck with that, too many if's.
We are group of fans who aren't poker players. Panic city. Relax.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Chychrun seems to be a Chayka guy, based on how everything has transpired. The transition from Chayka to Armstrong has really been rocky for a bunch of folks (Kessel being another, based on his press conference). I think the BA endgame is to weed out the Chayka Specials, because the culture shift appears to have been too much for a lot of them. The ones who can adapt, like Crouse and Keller, will get rewarded for their flexibility.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I didn't say that at all, and I don't believe that. He is a young person, being in trade rumors is hard on you. I know many former NHL players, I am good friends with a few of them. The first time you get traded and all the rumors is the toughest, and this one has dragged on since January at least, so 9 months. I think it is difficult for a young player to set all that noise aside, not let it effect him, and play his game.

For a vet, it's a different story, look at Kessel last year, 52 points on a crappy team, he basically played pretty well, even though he was being shopped. He had been traded a few times before, been in the NHL a long time, being traded wouldn't be a new experience for him. I like Chych, I think he is a very good 3/4D that could be a top pairing D if his D improves and he stays healthy. I have said many times that BA mishandled the situation by not making sure Chych was ok with the plan and staying. I'm speculating but I think the exits of DVO/Garland, other young players caused Chych to say he wants out. I think BA told him we are building and keeping young guys.

I would like nothing more than for Chych to play well, stay healthy, still be a Coyote or we get a kings ransom for him at the TDL. i just don't think its realistic given the circumstances.
Thanks for the lengthy explanation. Thing is he shouldn't need any motivation, no matter how tough the circumstance.

Reactions: Jakey53

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I guess I'd be ok with that trade. Not happy with it but ok with it.

I want to see our prospects get playing time this year. Iaffalo is bad news for Jenik. Durzi is bad news for both Timmins and Soderstom.

Do they provide a net benefit? Probably. I'd just rather get more value in picks and younger prospects.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm going to come right out and say it. I think that this will all get into Chychrun's head and he'll have another disappointing season. Happy to eat crow, just my prediction.
Well, we wont know the reason, if he has a disappointing season.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
It says Chychrun is a selfish player who only wants to play in certain markets and under certain conditions. Can you rely on him to be there when the team needs him or is it only when he deems it appropriate?

Show up. Get paid. Play well. Get traded. That's the deal. He would have been traded sooner but Chychrun got hurt before the deadline and apparently Chychrun torpedoed a trade at the draft to Columbus (which I asked Morgan to confirm today) so the only reason Chychrun is a Coyote right now may be because he didn't want to go the team that stepped up to trade for him. That's a Chychrun issue. He prolonged this situation.
What do you think were specifics of that trade?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What do you think were specifics of that trade?
That I don't have anything on. U can assume the 12th overall pick was involved since we "knew" that Geekie was going to go at that selection unless we traded up to 11 ov.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
LOL, that cat already leapt out of the bag, when he wanted out.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
If indeed Chychrun nixed the deal to the BJs then that tells me he doesn't want out as bad as some here make it out to be and since JC doesn't have trade protection, GMBA wants to keep him.
The way it looks to me is that no team is going to meet the price and GMBA is not lowering his price. Chychrun needs to honor the contract he signed and do all he can to screw up the tank and make the opposition regret not trading for him.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I wonder if some of the hold up is simply around the Coyotes giving conditions on how many games Chychrun plays. Would make sense if you are Ottawa, for example, to make a 1st conditional on playing minimum 75 games or suiting up for playoffs.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad