BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Zadorov contract is risky but I'm just glad they didn't sign another non-physical pylon. Look at the money Edmundson just got... Woof.

And the report was the Bruins were well in on him, presumably as their plan B if Zadorov went elsewhere. It's nice to not have to settle for the plan B with he or Lindholm.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
If they can somehow get a scoring winger, they can put Zacha at 2C and slot Coyle into the 3C spot where he thrives.

This is why taking on the Korpisalo salary was a bad move (Sweeney's only bad move this off season, thus far, to be honest).

But if they were sitting with 10 million right now (Swayman still unsigned) instead of around 8 -- they could be a player for a Skinner, Tarasenko, etc. to round out the top 6.

I still think they could do something, provided Swayman agrees to be at around 7.25.

It might cost a Geekie, Coyle or Frederic to do it though.
I would like to keep Charlie Coyle, but I'm fine with dealing the Geek and especially Frederic.

Reactions: sarge88

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Curious to see what the right side of our offense looks like. Aside from Pastrnak the right side looks a little lite. Maybe they give Poitras a look at RW this year?
I actually hope Potrias spends at least some time in Providence as a center. They still need another good center, and best way is to make him top line center in Providence with Lysell on his wing. Get those guys playing well together. They could be the future part of a second line.

They need to find a low cost player with high potential for the year. Like Skinner would probably be an obvious choice of a bounce back player.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Perhaps they're hoping that Lindholm will stabilize the first line scoring, Lysell will produce at 2RW and Lorhei will increase their offense from the backend. Perhaps.
You could be right; so that means in that scenario they think Lysell is ready for top six in Boston. I'd defer to the Providence Bruins fans in here for insight but the numbers didn't really suggest that.

It's almost as if they are creating a nest for a top end talent to want to land in.

Zacha - XXX - Pastrnak
Marchand - Lindholm - XXX
Frederic - Coyle - Geekie
Jones - Kastelic - Brazeau
Beecher/Brown

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Zadorov - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I actually hope Potrias spends at least some time in Providence as a center. They still need another good center, and best way is to make him top line center in Providence with Lysell on his wing. Get those guys playing well together. They could be the future part of a second line.

They need to find a low cost player with high potential for the year. Like Skinner would probably be an obvious choice of a bounce back player.
The best way would be to have him play lower impact minutes with Frederic and Geekie on his flanks. He’s ready for the NHL no reason to force the A on him.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is low class shit. I wasn't a fan of Gryz at all, but he can't help who his family is. Be better, Bruins fans. Be better.
Thank you as I was pissed when I saw this. I liked Grizz and he and his family seem like good people.

Be way better than posting this shit. Not a good look at all.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not sure what the term is on Jones; but another banger for the bottom six, better than Lauko IMO.

I'm starting to think we're done up front; they're probably figuring Geekie, Brazeau, and/or Lysell for the top 6. I would have liked a more proven guy up there; but it's not looking that wayway
Better not be done up front they need scoring on wing

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
The best way would be to have him play lower impact minutes with Frederic and Geekie on his flanks. He’s ready for the NHL no reason to force the A on him.
Its not a force, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci all played time in the AHL. It all helped their game. Playing 8 minutes a night and stapled to the bench in close games, like Monty did last year isnt good for his development.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
At 6-foot-6 and 230 pounds, Tufte has the size to be a solid center, but he’s a left-winger. He uses his body and physical abilities to his advantage in the game, being a mean net-front presence upfront and having the physicality to battle for pucks in the defensive zone. Being able to play center might be key to him making the main roster, but Miles Wood and the third line are playing so well.

He effectively uses his size to create a strong presence in front of the net, his willing to shoot the puck and be aggressive, and has surprisingly great speed for his frame, he has all the attributes to fit in well with head coach Jared Bednar’s system. He needs to build on his strengths and elevate his game to secure a spot in the NHL.

Late bloomer? This was November 2023!!!

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Its not a force, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci all played time in the AHL. It all helped their game. Playing 8 minutes a night and stapled to the bench in close games, like Monty did last year isnt good for his development.
Game log from last year. Only started getting 8s at the end when he was fighting his shoulder before getting shut down.
B6206D33-6EFE-407A-B7DE-F0E84F8B98D1.png

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
You could be right; so that means in that scenario they think Lysell is ready for top six in Boston. I'd defer to the Providence Bruins fans in here for insight but the numbers didn't really suggest that.

It's almost as if they are creating a nest for a top end talent to want to land in.

Zacha - XXX - Pastrnak
Beecher/Brown

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Zadorov - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo
Geekie, Lysell/Merk
For
McGroarty

Send the Geek back to his home province

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
This is spot on, they want Drai for the top spot and are hoping Dean will follow his hopes of being one and out at BC for that 2nd line RW spot. It’s all a miracle but damn it would be a beautiful miracle. Lol

Zacha - XXX - Pastrnak
Beecher/Brown

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Zadorov - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo

Ad