BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
We still need one more center with offensive ability, so the we can move Coyle down where he is most effective.

If not FA, then I hope they are working on a trade at some point.
We still need one more center with offensive ability, so the we can move Coyle down where he is most effective.

If not FA, then I hope they are working on a trade at some point.
With the money they have left they aren't going to get anyone better than Coyle. Poitras is going to get the opportunity to take that spot. It won't be anyone coming via free agency

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with the moves they made today. But this is a team that struggled to score in the playoffs and they haven't improved in that respect. If this is the extent of their offseason additions aside from some more depth moves, which is entirely possible given where they're at with the cap, then it's hard for me to see them fairing much better than they did this postseason.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
With the money they have left they aren't going to get anyone better than Coyle. Poitras is going to get the opportunity to take that spot. It won't be anyone coming via free agency
Yeah, for Coyle to be most effective centering in the top six whatever line he centers would have to drastically change their offensive strategy for him the be effective ... and I don't see the coaching staff doing that. More of the same.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Max Jones - Don't know much about him ... actually know nothin'! But I do like this write up!

Max Jones is a diligent and hard-working power forward capable of being an impact player every shift. He's strong on the puck and routinely looks to create separation. He knows his game inside out and has a wide array of tools at his disposal. Strength and speed allow him to bull his way to the front of the net where he is relentless and creates havoc. Makes smart decisions with the puck and doesn't give the opposition time and space. Possesses high-end finishing ability and "wills" the puck to the back of the net. All-in-all, a determined forward who puts tremendous pressure on his opponents when he's on the ice
Sounds like a ferocious Heinen.

btw, I will miss Heinen. Smart, reliable, flexible player.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This is low class shit. I wasn't a fan of Gryz at all, but he can't help who his family is. Be better, Bruins fans. Be better.
This. Guy gave us 7 solid years. By all accounts he was a great teammate, well-liked and was involved in the community.

Most, including myself, are happy he's not on the team anymore, but the disrespect is insane. Wish him well, or don't.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
Yeah, for Coyle to be most effective centering in the top six whatever line he centers would have to drastically change their offensive strategy for him the be effective ... and I don't see the coaching staff doing that. More of the same.
The guy just put up 60 points in the exact same role. Those are close to Bergeron/Krecji type numbers. It's not the most ideal spot for him but the way you're talking is he's completely ineffective where he is, which isn't true. Can always add at the trade deadline.

Reactions: HustleB and Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad