BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Just catching up to everything now, but wow that Debrusk contract isn't bad. I had him penciled at 5.5 all season.

He wanted out of Boston and it wasn't because of Cassidy
I disagree.

Maybe Sweeney didn't want to pay him that. Maybe it was years and not term. 7 years is a long time.

Jake has said all along he wanted to stay here. His agent and Sweeney were far apart. I'd like to know how far.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Its not a force, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci all played time in the AHL. It all helped their game. Playing 8 minutes a night and stapled to the bench in close games, like Monty did last year isnt good for his development.

Bergeron doesn't really count, he only played in the AHL because of the lockout. If there wasn't a lockout, Bergeron would've never seen the inside of the Dunk unless he was there to watch a game.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Bergeron doesn't really count, he only played in the AHL because of the lockout. If there wasn't a lockout, Bergeron would've never seen the inside of the Dunk unless he was there to watch a game.
already answered this. I know that. It did not hurt his development being in the AHL is the point I was making. He still grew as a player.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I disagree.

Maybe Sweeney didn't want to pay him that. Maybe it was years and not term. 7 years is a long time.

Jake has said all along he wanted to stay here. His agent and Sweeney were far apart. I'd like to know how far.

I'd say 2 years around $11-12 mill.

Love Jake, still has a lot to give...7 years is a lot.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
A very big LW. Don’t know if they will the Big Bad Bruins, but they sure will be the Big Bruins.

Never seen a Bruins team this big.
Hockey is a big mans game

Trade route is probably the only path to any significant upgrade.
they could free up money w a Korpisalo demotion, plus I am guessing since it isn't done they have no intention of giving swayman 8

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
If they can somehow get a scoring winger, they can put Zacha at 2C and slot Coyle into the 3C spot where he thrives.

This is why taking on the Korpisalo salary was a bad move (Sweeney's only bad move this off season, thus far, to be honest).

But if they were sitting with 10 million right now (Swayman still unsigned) instead of around 8 -- they could be a player for a Skinner, Tarasenko, etc. to round out the top 6.

I still think they could do something, provided Swayman agrees to be at around 7.25.

It might cost a Geekie, Coyle or Frederic to do it though.
I'd prefer Zacha back on the wing. I think Poitras is going to earn one of those center spots.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Looking at those analytics projections, they were pretty close. Off on Lindholm and Stephenson by a decent margin, but that’s probably because they were definitely the top two centers available.

They have Swayman at 6.4, I’d be fine if we go over a million to lock him up long term, but if he’s asking 8, that’s probably the hold up.

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
I guess the plan is to see if one of the youngster can step up big time this year. If no one does, we definitely will need to add a scoring forward at the deadline.

Reactions: GloveSave1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad