Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RogerRogerr

May 11, 2011
Toronto
Slightly late to late hit at most but wouldn't even give that a 1% chance of being a headshot.

Will be 1 game because of the lateness of the hit imo, maybe 2 if they want to make an example out of him because habs.
If it's 2 it's not because habs, it's because he keeps on being reckless and giving him 2 now let them throw the book at him when he inevitably goes full redacted again.

Reactions: Korpse

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Greig... earlier in the game?

You know who does this? People who aren't guaranteed roster spots. Why wouldn't they? That's what got them to the show, they feel like they need to continue proving they belong.

If you have an issue with hits in the pre-season, it's an NHL thing... not a thing on a player trying to earn a living.
Well golly, didn’t see that hit either. Don’t really think it’s necessary either. I dont think huge open ice hit attempts are all that necessary in preseason, and those aren’t what shows you belong. You get maybe a chance or two per game, what matters more is how you play the rest of the sport, gap control, board play, crease clearing, getting the puck out of the zone in a controlled manner, generate offence from the blueline, etc….

but Xhekhaj has tried headshooting and punched a guy in the back of the head, these are far past “hits” and hasn’t done anything of note other than that so he’s looked even more like a plug than usual…I guess that’s what Montreal is going for though if they ice him in the regular season
What a comment, you're the difference between someone who watches random clips on Twitter and someone who actually watches the f***ing game.

There was a worse hit prior to the X hit. Now you're informed, you're welcome and thank you for stopping by.
i couldn’t care less about some difference, he’s done this consistently and brings almost nothing else to the ice, he’s a plug and Montreal keeps icing him shows the state of their team.

Reactions: bert

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
So with this logic, you can say "I didn't cause the concussion to his brain. I only hit his skull, the brain then hit the skull."

The refs clearly decided it was a major, even after watching the replay.

Lol. It's not some logic puzzle. There's no inference needed.

He did not hit him in the head. He hit him in the hands. If he hit him in the skull, then yes, things would be different.

Reactions: JIMVINNY

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
What a comment, you're the difference between someone who watches random clips on Twitter and someone who actually watches the f***ing game.

There was a worse hit prior to the X hit. Now you're informed, you're welcome and thank you for stopping by.

Nobody believes you. (Besides Habs fans)

Reactions: SENStastic and bert

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Kid is going to be back at Costco stocking shelves again if he doesn't stop the bullshit.
The guy is barely an Nhl'er on a garbage team.

I mean disagree on Xhekaj's ability, but I think we can both agree that playing like this (which he's done his whole career) is the main reason he's currently an NHLer and not stocking shelves.

Stopping won't help his career.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
So with this logic, you can say "I didn't cause the concussion to his brain. I only hit his skull, the brain then hit the skull."

The refs clearly decided it was a major, even after watching the replay.
So now you're saying the refs always get it right? Interesting take.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If it's 2 it's not because habs, it's because he keeps on being reckless and giving him 2 now let them throw the book at him when he inevitably goes full redacted again.

I acknowledge he hit him slightly late but ultimately it was Stutzles stick that did most of the damage. There was no headshot like a lot of people are claiming tonight.

Grieg's hit is what started it all...this is what happens when the refs let the game get out of hand and let the players police the game. Sens f***ed around and Stutzle was unfortunately the one to find out.

• Haha
Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Xhekaj gets a suspension, Greig gets on too. The fact that Xhekaj didn't actually make contact and Greig did makes the Greig hit worse :sarcasm:
Refs and injury result and media all say the opposite to this post... . However youre right. Everyone else is wrong hahahahaha. Just wild stuff from the most unhinged group of fans on earth. If enough of you guys say it, you Will be able to change time and space. Altering the reality we all live in.

Reactions: swiftwin

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Well golly, didn’t see that hit either. Don’t really think it’s necessary either. I dont think huge open ice hit attempts are all that necessary in preseason, and those aren’t what shows you belong. You get maybe a chance or two per game, what matters more is how you play the rest of the sport, gap control, board play, crease clearing, getting the puck out of the zone in a controlled manner, generate offence from the blueline, etc….

but Xhekhaj has tried headshooting and punched a guy in the back of the head, these are far past “hits” and hasn’t done anything of note other than that so he’s looked even more like a plug than usual…I guess that’s what Montreal is going for though if they ice him in the regular season

i couldn’t care less about some difference, he’s done this consistently and brings almost nothing else to the ice, he’s a plug and Montreal keeps icing him shows the state of their team.

Ok but you acknowledge there there was a certain "who the f***" that delivered an open ice hit in preseason right?

Like I said in another comment, Grieg f***ed around and Stutzle found out.

Reactions: Habby4Life

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Clear targeting to the head, doesn’t make it any better that Xhekaj isn’t coordinated enough to take Timmy’s head off but the intent was there. Totally pre meditated, and a bum going after one of the rising stars in the league.

Don’t like the hit on Dach either, especially in pre-season but let’s not pretend the dynamic between the two aren’t completely different.

FWIW Xhekaj didn’t turtle though, Brady just always goes for the takedown so I’ll give him a pass on that.

• Haha
Reactions: FLHabs and Natey

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005

He didn't try to hit anyone in the head tonight. It was so far from the head... you're making things up.

You contradict yourself SO many times which makes this post even more hilarious but also not worth my time to respond to with any depth.

Reactions: FLHabs

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Slightly late to late hit at most but wouldn't even give that a 1% chance of being a headshot.

Will be 1 game because of the lateness of the hit imo, maybe 2 if they want to make an example out of him because habs.
They obviously don't want to make an example out of him. Either that, or you can literally do whatever you want on a Leafs player without fear of discipline while Parros is in charge.

We'll see.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I acknowledge he hit him slightly late but ultimately it was Stutzles stick that did most of the damage. There was no headshot like a lot of people are claiming tonight.

Grieg's hit is what started it all...this is what happens when the refs let the game get out of hand and let the players police the game. Sens f***ed around and Stutzle was unfortunately the one to find out.

False.

Xhekaj started it the last two preseasons. Teams take note, and they talk to eachother.

It's no coincidence the Habs have so many injuries this preseason.

Deal with it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad