Value of: Chris Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
What? Sven was for a 2nd and Granlund was for Hunter Shinkaruk who was already beginning to bust.
Sven was a whole lot of nothing and the 2nd was Rasmus Andersson so I don’t think there’s any question that was a massive overpay.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The Leafs have no 2nd rounders. It's Tanev and a 2nd. Cowan is a nice prospect, but the Leafs need Tanev more than anyone.
Think they need a dman who can carry/drive play more than anything else. To take the pressure off of Rielly in a 7 game series. Justin Schultz might actually be a better fit for the Leafs than Tanev. Larsson would be a coup.

There’s other players who can help them more in that area. Even if they don’t carry a pair 20+ minutes a night… if they can transport the puck some, and move it quickly. A player like Nick Jensen would help tremendously.

I’d love Tanev too, but there are options. I think they need two dmen honestly. Treliving needs to find those, and get the most for what they’re prepared to pay.

They’re in a tough spot because they don’t have a lot of ammo. That’s for sure… but trading a Cowan or a 1st for Tanev isn’t the smart move. At least imo.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Sven was a whole lot of nothing and the 2nd was Rasmus Andersson so I don’t think there’s any question that was a massive overpay.
That's making a massive assumption that the Canucks would have picked Andersson though, that's why comparing who was picked is futile, as there is just a good if a chance the Canucks would have drafted a bust.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
What? Sven was for a 2nd and Granlund was for Hunter Shinkaruk who was already beginning to bust.
Yes, but I'm talking about giving up our current future. Two meh trades for NHL talent is one thing, but we're currently giving Calgary a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th along with two prospects this year already. Granted Zad and Lindholm beat Baertschi and Granlund, but still. If we tank, those picks go up in value, to a divisional rival no less.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Jets won't include Lambert or Barlow in a trade for a rental. That's insane
That’s why I suggested Lundmark. If you read my post that’s what I was suggesting. I‘m in total agreement that Wpg would be foolish to trade their top guys for Tanev and that’s why I suggested a mid range prospect. A fellow Flames poster asked why I Lundmark and didnt bring up 2 other guys he specifically mentioned. I said because that’s not likely. But of course I would try for those top guys first. Like I mentioned Filip Forsberg was traded for Martin Erat. Some GMs make huge mistakes on TDL. So read the full context

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
For Tanev, I can see the Canucks offering to convert the conditional 4th they sent to Calgary into the 3rd (if the make it to the conference finals) into a non-conditional 3rd and also send Karlsson and/or Friedman to make the cap work but that is about it.

Calgary probably says no, but who cares, the Canucks would be the leading candidate to get Tanev as a UFA in July without giving up prime assets.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
The Leafs have no 2nd rounders. It's Tanev and a 2nd. Cowan is a nice prospect, but the Leafs need Tanev more than anyone.
0 interest in any move of Cowan for a 34 year old UFA no matter how much HF boards pretends he's "perfect".

You're just like vancouver fans a couple years ago, literally seem word for word a Canucks fan but now Taney is even older and more beaten up.

Bond

May 10, 2012
For Tanev, I can see the Canucks offering to convert the conditional 4th they sent to Calgary into the 3rd (if the make it to the conference finals) into a non-conditional 3rd and also send Karlsson and/or Friedman to make the cap work but that is about it.

Calgary probably says no, but who cares, the Canucks would be the leading candidate to get Tanev as a UFA in July without giving up prime assets.
If that is all it takes than Tanev would already be on the Canucks. They will just take a straight 2nd than that junk

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Think they need a dman who can carry/drive play more than anything else. To take the pressure off of Rielly in a 7 game series. Justin Schultz might actually be a better fit for the Leafs than Tanev. Larsson would be a coup.

There’s other players who can help them more in that area. Even if they don’t carry a pair 20+ minutes a night… if they can transport the puck some, and move it quickly. A player like Nick Jensen would help tremendously.

I’d love Tanev too, but there are options. I think they need two dmen honestly. Treliving needs to find those, and get the most for what they’re prepared to pay.

They’re in a tough spot because they don’t have a lot of ammo. That’s for sure… but trading a Cowan or a 1st for Tanev isn’t the smart move. At least imo.
You're aware Tanev breaks pucks out way better than Schultz right? Breaking out pucks and defending are the two things he does at an elite level.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
If that is all it takes than Tanev would already be on the Canucks. They will just take a straight 2nd than that junk

If Tanev's agent is working their magic with Tanev's 10 team NTC, and they probably are, the Canucks may be the only possible destination. Then Calgary would have the choice of holding onto him until July or doing a discounted deal with the much dreaded Canucks.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

LeBrun:
But I think Tanev gets dealt in the end. (Vancouver, by the way, tried hard to have him included in the Lindholm trade, but the price point was too high.) There are just too many teams with interest. The general price tag right now from Calgary is a second-round pick plus another asset, according to league sources. If a team would be willing to jump up to a first-round pick, they’d probably get Tanev now.

If the Canucks were going to get Tanev for pennies on the dollar, it would have happened already.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

what even is this proposal

Guess you're waiting for the summer haha

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Strangle

May 4, 2009
What makes you think Marner who has a year left of his contract at over 10.9 (which would be the highest salary on CGYs roster) would be the guy Flames trade all their assets for? As it looks now they are acquiring assets for their UFA’s looking to retool. i think management has accepted that the playoffs this year are unlikely. So they are trying to get assets for guys that are leaving. So why would we pass on getting draft choices and young players and acquire a guy who has to waive his NMC to come to a non playoff team for a year? He walks next year and we miss getting all these assets. Absolutely doesn’t make sense. Flames also need to find a top line centre before they add complimentary pieces like Marner.

That’s easy, the answer is in your question.

Trading for draft picks and young prospects isn’t a ‘retool’. Trading assets for established star players is a ‘retool’

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
what even is this proposal

Guess you're waiting for the summer haha
From someone who doesn’t understand how the business side of hockey works. If it really worked how HF users thought we’d see some entertaining trades. Lol. And the Leafs and Habs would be super teams with 20 million in cap space and loaded drafts. Lol.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
From someone who doesn’t understand how the business side of hockey works. If it really worked how HF users thought we’d see some entertaining trades. Lol. And the Leafs and Habs would be super teams with 20 million in cap space and loaded drafts. Lol.

Yep, we're going to pay a 3rd instead of a conditional 3rd, which doesn't even make sense to get a player worth a lot more because the agent is going to intentionally sabotage every team but ours.

And then we'll throw in a guy making league minimum for cap reasons? Which again, doesn't make any sense haha.

Like that wouldn't even work in video games.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Yep, we're going to pay a 3rd instead of a conditional 3rd, which doesn't even make sense to get a player worth a lot more because the agent is going to intentionally sabotage every team but ours.

And then we'll throw in a guy making league minimum for cap reasons? Which again, doesn't make any sense haha.

Like that wouldn't even work in video games.
Wait and watch young padawan.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
he will get a 1st given all the goofy priced being paid but I can see it being Tanev and a depth a D ufa like Osterle thrown in

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Knowing Treliving, he will end up getting Oesterle for a token pick

Reactions: Petes2424

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Lol, this will age like milk.

Reactions: Volica

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
lol Gilbert too ?

I mean, not really.
Both guys are near league minimum and expire at the end of the year. It'd just be a matter if the team acquiring could actually absorb the extra cap.

I know it sounds weird, but I honestly think that Tanev is going to border a first because of how highly regarded he is, and how much interest there is. It'll be minimum a second and a second piece, but I don't think you have to squint too hard to see how a first could arrive on Calgary's doorstep.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
The 2nd was a 2nd. It wasn't Andrrsson, it was a lottery ticket, just like every other pick traded. There's no guarantee the Canucks would have drafted him.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
That's making a massive assumption that the Canucks would have picked Andersson though, that's why comparing who was picked is futile, as there is just a good if a chance the Canucks would have drafted a bust.

It's more about Rasmus Andersson being in the same division, selected w/ what was a Canucks pick.

The same regret Spiderman felt when he realized he let uncle Ben's would-be killer get away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad