Value of: Chris Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Sure you do, I think you may have just been reading too many HFboards polls to come to that conclusion
What makes you think Marner who has a year left of his contract at over 10.9 (which would be the highest salary on CGYs roster) would be the guy Flames trade all their assets for? As it looks now they are acquiring assets for their UFA’s looking to retool. i think management has accepted that the playoffs this year are unlikely. So they are trying to get assets for guys that are leaving. So why would we pass on getting draft choices and young players and acquire a guy who has to waive his NMC to come to a non playoff team for a year? He walks next year and we miss getting all these assets. Absolutely doesn’t make sense. Flames also need to find a top line centre before they add complimentary pieces like Marner.

Reactions: Boomstick

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think he’d be more of the type of prospect Wpg would be willing to part with. I don’t see them trading one of their top prospects for Tanev. I’d much prefer Lambert, Julien or Barlow. But it’s very rare to see prospects like that get traded for rentals. Lundmark was a guy I wanted the Flames to draft and I’m more familiar with him than a lot of the other prospects. He’s a 2nd rounder RH D man so he has qualities that make him valuable.
I see, I'm just hoping we can get a guy who projects as a C. With the recent acquisition our D pool isn't as barren as it was. I don't see a guy who will play top 9C in our system right now and the only 2 guys on our roster who can do it are over 30.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think the price is 1st round pick at this point.
Yes a low 1st in value would be my hope. I wouldn't bother trading him if it's less than a 2nd. Ideally I'd like a center prospect that's buried or redundant for another team.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I see, I'm just hoping we can get a guy who projects as a C. With the recent acquisition our D pool isn't as barren as it was. I don't see a guy who will play top 9C in our system right now and the only 2 guys on our roster who can do it are over 30.
I’d take Barlow straight up if I could. But of course I’m not making the decisions. I remember when Filip Forsberg was traded for Martin Erat. So it could happen.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I’d take Barlow straight up if I could. But of course I’m not making the decisions. I remember when Filip Forsberg was traded for Martin Erat. So it could happen.
Jets won't include Lambert or Barlow in a trade for a rental. That's insane

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
The people expecting a 1st plus need to temper their expectations. This is a 34 year old pending UFA, there’s no precedence for a 1st+ in a deal like this. Calgary is not exactly dealing from a position of power here.. he’ll leave in the summer anyways and teams who really want him may just wait

Reactions: Petes2424

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
The people expecting a 1st plus need to temper their expectations. This is a 34 year old pending UFA, there’s no precedence for a 1st+ in a deal like this. Calgary is not exactly dealing from a position of power here.. he’ll leave in the summer anyways and teams who really want him may just wait
Are you not familiar with the concept of loading up for a cup run? Your Canucks just paid a premium for a pending UFA that Allvin admitted might just be a rental. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cgy get a 1st + for Tanev

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Yes a low 1st in value would be my hope. I wouldn't bother trading him if it's less than a 2nd. Ideally I'd like a center prospect that's buried or redundant for another team.

Considering the Canucks couldn't get him with the Lindholm deal, it's really a 1st round pick + good prospect i'm assuming.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Are you not familiar with the concept of loading up for a cup run? Your Canucks just paid a premium for a pending UFA that Allvin admitted might just be a rental. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cgy get a 1st + for Tanev
Haha I’m very familiar thanks. There’s stark differences between the two players there. There’s enough money to resign Lindholm and the players are not comparable.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

LOL how do trade deadlines work

Canucks were reportedly offering their 2025 2nd rounder but Conroy wanted their 2025 1st. So in other words, the current price is a first. And if Monahan can get that, then there's absolutely not reason to think Tanev can't either.

Considering just how many teams are interested, it's not exactly hard to imagine a bidding war driving up the price.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Haha I’m very familiar thanks. There’s stark differences between the two players there. There’s enough money to resign Lindholm and the players are not comparable.
The concept remains the same. Both players are pending UFA'S. Teams pay a premium for guys they think can help a cup run ar every trade deadline. Saying Calgary isn't in a position of power is disingenuous. Tanev will garner a lot of attention and that means someone will pay a premium to get him.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
LOL how do trade deadlines work

Canucks were reportedly offering their 2025 2nd rounder but Conroy wanted their 2025 1st. So in other words, the current price is a first. And if Monahan can get that, then there's absolutely not reason to think Tanev can't either.

Considering just how many teams are interested, it's not exactly hard to imagine a bidding war driving up the price.
I understand what the price is, but if that was such a slam dunk steal then don’t you think a team would’ve paid that already? Sure there’s a chance a team could get desperate but my original point stands that people expecting “a 1st+” will likely be disappointed.

Monahan is not a valid comparison either. This is a completely different position entirely and centers are of a higher need and lesser quality this trade deadline. The top option left is Scott Laughton :laugh:

The concept remains the same. Both players are pending UFA'S. Teams pay a premium for guys they think can help a cup run ar every trade deadline. Saying Calgary isn't in a position of power is disingenuous. Tanev will garner a lot of attention and that means someone will pay a premium to get him.
Again, not saying he’s going for a 4th round pick here! Just saying don’t expect a haul..

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I understand what the price is, but if that was such a slam dunk steal then don’t you think a team would’ve paid that already? Sure there’s a chance a team could get desperate but my original point stands that people expecting “a 1st+” will likely be disappointed.

Monahan is not a valid comparison either. This is a completely different position entirely and centers are of a higher need and lesser quality this trade deadline. The top option left is Scott Laughton :laugh:

Again, not saying he’s going for a 4th round pick here! Just saying don’t expect a haul..
Right shot D are more rare than centre's. How many players comparable to what Tanev offers do you think are available?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Right shot D are more rare than centre's. How many players comparable to what Tanev offers do you think are available?
You’re telling me things I already know. Tanev is 34 years old and will walk. Price is a 1st flat. A team could have him for that right now but no one has acted so clearly no one is willing to pay that price. Sean Walker. He’s more valuable than Tanev at the moment due to age/offense/contract.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I don't see the Jets doing Lambert/Barlow for a rental but I think the Habs 2nd + Dimitry Rashevski might be possible. Rashevski doesn't project as a C but is a pretty good winger in the KHL.

The full offer would be Habs 2nd + Rashevski + Logan Stanley for Tanev at the deadline (no retention needed if the deal is consummated close to the deadline).

Reactions: Thechozen1

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
It’ll probably end up being a first plus. The Flames are right to make it a bidding war and some team will absolutely get desperate.
I'm hoping. I've said from dat 1 that in a vacuum I think his value is a 2nd and a B prospect, but the real world has more variables and we often see teams overpay for defensemen at the deadline.

I still believe we'd have gotten more for Zadorov if we'd waited to move him too, but with his trade demand being so close to when he his teammates out for putting themselves over the team, Conroy needed to get him out of the dressing room

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Friedman saying Tampa, Canucks, Leafs, Jets potentially interested.

What is everyone's best offer?

A 2nd + another piece was mentioned by the insiders in the aftermath of the Lindholm trade.
Does TB even have a any picks left for the next year or two? Leafs pretty sure don't have a 2nd for the next 2 years. Jets and Canucks and guessing if value close he goes to Canucks as he wants to go there. Still owns house there and tight with many on team still.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If the price is a first, I hope the Canucks look elsewhere. Zadorov and Lindholm are fine additions, no need to go crazy giving our future over to Calgary again. Think Baertschi and Granlund...

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
If the price is a first, I hope the Canucks look elsewhere. Zadorov and Lindholm are fine additions, no need to go crazy giving our future over to Calgary again. Think Baertschi and Granlund...
What? Sven was for a 2nd and Granlund was for Hunter Shinkaruk who was already beginning to bust.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I agree we can't afford to give up another 1st especially if it's for someone who isn't younger and signed for a decent term.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I don't think as many teams will be in on Tanev as the Flames might hope. Vancouver and Toronto and maybe Edmonton and Dallas. Other teams like Colorado, Boston, Rangers need centers. Toronto also needs a goalie and they have no cap space. I think Canucks will win the sweepstakes and probably Juulsen + a pick or a prospect going the other way. The Flames will also need to retain 50% to make any deal work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad