Value of: Chris Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Cool, and? Does that disprove what I said?
Yea and no. He said Tanev and Miro was the best pair in the west. You said Hughes - Hronek was better. That’s true. But that pair still isn’t better than the Avs top pair.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Yea and no. He said Tanev and Miro was the best pair in the west. You said Hughes - Hronek was better. That’s true. But that pair still isn’t better than the Avs.

So it doesn't disprove anything. Did that require a quote for a 3 month old comment?

The original poster also wanted to put two RSD together, why not talk about that instead of trying to start another Hughes v Makar pissing match?

edit: RSD not RHD, also Hughes - Hronek was absolutely the best pairing in the league at the time of the post

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
In the past 3 years since joining the Flames this is where he's ranked among all regular defensemen in the league:
#1, 2, and 3 is defensive WAR
#1, 15, and 5 in xdefensive WAR
#1, 19, and 91 in 5v5 GA/60
#3, 15, and 4 in 5v5 SA/60
#2, 27, and 5 in 5v5 FA/60
#4, 23, and 7 in 5v5 CA/60
#2, 15, and 3 in 5v5 xGA/60

Unlike a lot of the players that ranked above him too he played those minutes almost primarily against elite competition. Over the past 3 years has hands down been the best defensive defenseman in the entire league
I'd be happy as a Canucks fan to trade for him as we seem to be in an unexpected sweet spot and talking a shot would be awesome.

That being said the Leafs should be all in on Tanev.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Toews - Makar is the best pair in the NHL.
Not this year they aren't. Quinn and Hronek are 1-2 in +- and have dominated 5on5.
I know you are at the top of the heap of Quinn haters and Cale/Avs homer but come on dude, that pair is no doubt great but they weren't last year and certainly aren't this year.
Pick a pair from the bruins last year for best D pair last season.

As for this year it's not really close,

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I'd be happy as a Canucks fan to trade for him as we seem to be in an unexpected sweet spot and talking a shot would be awesome.

That being said the Leafs should be all in on Tanev.
Leafs could definitely use him but rumour has it Conroy or higher up allegedly have zero interest in trading with Brad.

I was on the fence about trading for Tanev only because I feel that Myers the obvious choice to lose his starting spot and despite his overall body of work with Vancouver, he's made huge strides in his game while having a career season. He's big, clears the crease, has a mean streak and is on pace for 30+ points and a +- north of 25, why rock the boat.

Now with Soucy out and both Myers and Zads letting bad habits creep back into their game I'd be open in Tanev if it came in the same deal as Lindholm.

I don't know if this is feasible but I wonder if we did aquire him and Lindholm I wonder if at least for the regular season would Tochett consider running 11 forwards and 7 D? My though process is with Lindholm we would have EP, JT, Elias, Suter and Blueger capable of playing centre so we could rotate them for double shifts. To get both double retention is necessary and if no cap is going back I'm not sure what would need to be done but I think it's an interesting idea. If there's a capolagist out there that sees a way without moving Kuzmenko or Myers, maybe they can weigh in?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If Ottawa acquires tanev my head would explode for multiple reasons

I really hope this is the plan in Ottawa as I don't want Vancouver to add Tanev for what should be obvious reasons. As dumb as this is it would also be highly entertaining to see go down.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Friedman saying Tampa, Canucks, Leafs, Jets potentially interested.

What is everyone's best offer?

A 2nd + another piece was mentioned by the insiders in the aftermath of the Lindholm trade.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB

A 2nd + another piece was mentioned by the insiders in the aftermath of the Lindholm trade.
I’d be ok with a 2nd and a prospect. If we retain maybe another 4th round pick as we’ll.

Love to get him on the Jets
I’m curious what Jets fans would think about Tanev 50% for MTL 2nd round and Lundmark?

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

I said it about Lindholm and Zadorov that if JR sets his sights on a player, his aggressiveness and the respect he has around the league 9 times out of 10 he gets his man.
It's so secret Tanev prefers Vancouver (not sure if that matters or if he has a NTC) if the ask is a 2nd and a prospect I wonder if a 2026 1st gets it done? Maybe throw in something else to get retention?
That being said who the hell loses their starting job? Zadorov, Myers?
I would feel bad especially for Myers, guy has been playing the best hockey of his career, been the whipping boy during the dark times only to lose his job through no fault of his own

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I said it about Lindholm and Zadorov that if JR sets his sights on a player, his aggressiveness and the respect he has around the league 9 times out of 10 he gets his man.
It's so secret Tanev prefers Vancouver (not sure if that matters or if he has a NTC) if the ask is a 2nd and a prospect I wonder if a 2026 1st gets it done? Maybe throw in something else to get retention?
That being said who the hell loses their starting job? Zadorov, Myers?
I would feel bad especially for Myers, guy has been playing the best hockey of his career, been the whipping boy during the dark times only to lose his job through no fault of his own
Zadorov can play both sides and has been predominantly used on the left in Vancouver. You take Ian Cole out:
Hughes - Tanev/Hronek
Zadorov - Tanev/Hronek
Soucy - Myers

Assuming you want to avoid the unmitigated disaster that is waiting to happen in Zadorov - Myers.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The Leafs pro scouts need to be working overtime right now, to find value in whatever dman it’ll be. Tanev is just gonna cost them more than any other team with all those 2nd rounders missing. Said it for months now. They’ll be asked for a 1st and that’s just bad asset management.

So if they’re gonna have to spend their 1st, they need to find someone they can get with some term. Even if that means just trading him again this summer.

There will be more than one surprise leading up to the deadline. If they’re gonna have to part with a 1st or one of their top prospects, Treliving needs to make it count. Tanev isn’t that player. Not at his age, the fact he can’t carry a pair, and the unlikelihood he signs an extension, because of that age.

If they had a 2nd, that would’ve been a different story.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Realistically the Leafs best offer would be two 3rds and Robertson/Niemela.

If they have to pay for retention I’m sure they’d throw in a 5th as well, we have three this year.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I’d be ok with a 2nd and a prospect. If we retain maybe another 4th round pick as we’ll.

I’m curious what Jets fans would think about Tanev 50% for MTL 2nd round and Lundmark?
Why Lundmark? Genuinely curious what you see in him. He's probably available on waivers in October after cuts. I'd be more interested in Julien or Lambert. A guy who could potentially play C in the future.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Why Lundmark? Genuinely curious what you see in him. He's probably available on waivers in October after cuts. I'd be more interested in Julien or Lambert. A guy who could potentially play C in the future.
I think he’d be more of the type of prospect Wpg would be willing to part with. I don’t see them trading one of their top prospects for Tanev. I’d much prefer Lambert, Julien or Barlow. But it’s very rare to see prospects like that get traded for rentals. Lundmark was a guy I wanted the Flames to draft and I’m more familiar with him than a lot of the other prospects. He’s a 2nd rounder RH D man so he has qualities that make him valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad