Pre-Game Talk: Chipchee Redeemed

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I agree. The Oilers are playing a game that psychologically they can't lose. If they lose, their effort will be compared favorably to Flyers in '87 where everyone thought they were done and they forced a 7th game.

If Edmonton scores first the tension in the building will be palatable. Maurice will start screaming at everyone. The Panthers forwards who haven't produced much will continue to press.

Can't wait for the puck to drop tomorrow night.
The flyers didn't have any generational superstar. One bs Hackstall. That team was guaranteed to lose no matter how they came back.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I didn't say he can't skate. But from what I've heard, he's in no shape to actually play
Would be a big loss on the pp. I’m ok with Evander filling in for one game. He would give it all his got.

I would assume Henrique would fill in on the top pp?

A few people I know have been really sick lately. Something going around.

Fingers crossed he can go tomorrow

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I know people shit on CBC/Sportsnet and not without merit but their montages are always top notch. The ones at the very end of the playoffs are always a masterpiece.

I f***ing love this one and farewell to the 2011 playoffs stands out as well with One by U2 as the song. They had an incredible montage guy who they let go when they moved to Sportsnet and the quality dipped tremendously for a bit. Either they hired him back or got someone new because they're back to being really good.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I dont understand the people trying to compare the ridicule and pain of the Panthers losing (probably the biggest comeback in sports) and the Oilers losing coming back from 0-3. The Oilers are still playing with house money and I think Oiler fans would still be incredibly proud that we made a series out of it. To me it just sounds like a bunch of uneducated leaf fans who know nothing but pain.

When we were down 0-3, Leaf fans were pumping their chests and yelling out ‘see, this is why we can’t ever even get out of our division, it’s too tough’. They failed to mention they also lost to the Habs and Cbus in first round and playin rounds in the last few years. The teams ahead of them in their division are good teams, but aren’t the reason the Leafs fail to advance year after year. Thats just a copium excuse that helps them sleep at night.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
The fact that the Oilers took the almighty Panthers to 7 is already pretty tough for some of them to deal with. You'd think the Panthers/Bruins/Lightning were the 80s Oilers the way some Leafs fans cope about their division.

Anything looks gawdy when your team sucks for 7 different decades in a row

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
This notion that the East is hard to get through or something is crap. As testimony what have players like Verhaege Bennett, been in the final. Verhaege is losing puck battles constantly and has been awful in series. he was dominant before. But he can't withstand the tighter checking and physical play of the Oilers. He's being pushed off pucks regularly and even on PP, and is so bad he shouldn't even be on PP.

Verhaege who was over Pt/G in playoffs prior to this series has only one measley assist in last 5 games and is a startling -10 through those 5 games. He's so bad he's terrible. Other teams fans were telling us to watch out for this guy, that he's such an X factor. Well he is, for the Oilers benefit. 180lbs of pansy player that looks scared out there.

Bennett, after trying to be a tough guy for two games has been quieter than a church mouse since, and for instance since Drai and others hit him back a couple times.

The Oilers haven't just taken over on the scoreboard. They are winning at least 2/3 of puck battles all over the ice. Panthers are barely even getting chances on their PP's.

Lets work this through with Verhaege. Oilers have only allowed him 1G 1A in this series.

Rangers gave up 3G 3A to V.

Boston, a reasonable physical club must have been hard on Verhaege as he only got 1G 1A.

But Tampa another physically weak EC team were blown up by Verhaege giving up a disgusting 5G 4A9pts in lasting only 5 games against Panthers. They made Verhaege look like a superstar. The Oilers make Verhaege look like nothing.

Tampa and NYR struggled to contain Verhaege, and the Panthers because they are weak EC teams. They are allergic to physical play or contact.

Similarly the Oilers have shutdown Bennett, Tkachuk, Reinhard, they're not getting much. Only Barkov has been good in series for Panthers.

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
game four I barbecued steak after the win. Game five I barbecued steak after the win. Game six I barbecued steak after the win. Got the lucky Alberta beef for game seven . Would have done an entire brisket Monday if it wasn’t for damn work.
IMG_1296.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad