Pre-Game Talk: Chipchee Redeemed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
No clue on the brand, but that’s the Colonius Tower in Cologne (where he’s from), so probably something local.
I think that also the reason he wears that black one with the big K letter.

Cologne is Köln in German.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
In a little over 24 hours we will witness the boys hoist Stanley!!!

Oilers fans will drown out the swamp creatures in their own building

Tkachuk will cry

Bennett will cry

Bobrovsky will cry

Maurice will cry

Barkov will wonder wtf he’s playing with these clowns

Calgary's water main will burst again from all the salty tears

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This is the game that Connors takes his legacy to new heights. I just don't see a man of his talents being so close and litterally not taking over....

The only thing that scares me is the refs pur the whistles away and it's no holds bar hockey. Think that type of game will benefit Florida dearly
I'm not to concerned about the refs putting whistles away. Our team isn't soft skill. We've been good 5 on 5

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Good for these guys, getting a charter flight organized that quickly. What a fanbase.

I’m sensing that Oiler fans could count in the thousands for Game 7, and there is no doubt that each individual Oiler fan is likely to out cheer Panther’s fans 2 to 1.

Going to be a different vibe in that building compared to the first three games there.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Not going to lie I'm pretty nervous about this game 7. I really want McDavid to cap off this legendary run. It's just sports and I'm not the one playing but man, I'm starting to feel it. lol. It would just suck if Skinner has the worst time for a bad game and they get blown out or something. haha

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I agree. The Oilers are playing a game that psychologically they can't lose. If they lose, their effort will be compared favorably to Flyers in '87 where everyone thought they were done and they forced a 7th game.

If Edmonton scores first the tension in the building will be palatable. Maurice will start screaming at everyone. The Panthers forwards who haven't produced much will continue to press.

Can't wait for the puck to drop tomorrow night.
Maurice will pull out all stops if the oilers scores first. He knows this will be his last ever game on the NHL if the Panthers don't win. It won't even matter if he grabs tkachuk by the jersey and starts screaming. He'd be walking up to Bennett, grab his stick and smash it and try to get them going. This is life and death. Imagine the counseling these players require and metal recovery that is needed after blowing a 3-0 lead.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Not going to lie I'm pretty nervous about this game 7. I really want McDavid to cap off this legendary run. It's just sports and I'm not the one playing but man, I'm starting to feel it. lol. It would just suck if Skinner has the worst time for a bad game and they get blown out or something. haha
There are 2 sides of this fear.

For the oilers fans, it is about, ahhh, we came back and we will be proud win or lose. Then suddenly tell themselves I don't think we will win.

For Florida fans, I don't think I will watch hockey again if we blow this 3-0 lead. Then suddenly tell themselves we got home ice, last change, play hard like we did vs the bruins and Rangers and we've got this one.

Reactions: K1984

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I could see them starting a different goalie in game 7. With the way our luck is vs back up goalies I'm not sure whether or not that's a good thing...
Spencer Knight is their third string is expected to start. He will be their Silovs tomorrow night.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Maurice will pull out all stops if the oilers scores first. He knows this will be his last ever game on the NHL if the Panthers don't win. It won't even matter if he grabs tkachuk by the jersey and starts screaming. He'd be walking up to Bennett, grab his stick and smash it and try to get them going. This is life and death. Imagine the counseling these players require and metal recovery that is needed after blowing a 3-0 lead.
It will not be his last game ever in the NHL, I mean c’mon

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It is amazing how much Holloway and Broberg taking steps here looks better on Holland. His drafting record was looking pretty bleak. It’s amazing how fast things change.
It's almost as if....some young players get better. I've been one of those that have shit on Holland's drafting but we (I) need to learn to show more patience. I never wanted to trade Broberg or Holloway for the record but it was getting frustrating to see them not seize the opportuity previously or getting constantly hurt in Holloway's case.

It's a little harder when you're in a win now window and you're seeing these guys struggle to make the jump 4-5 years in but Broberg, Holloway and Skinner for that matter are examples of why being patient can pay dividends. I have to give Holland a lot of credit, I think a lot of GMs would have been impatient with these prospects and traded them at low value but Holland stuck to his guns (answer in the room) and it's paying off now and hopefully going forward.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Florida does not give a flying f*** about hockey. Imagine if it was Jacksonville vs Miami in the NFL AFC championship game, tickets going to go up to 5k easily.
I've been in that rink several times, going back a few years. Their dedicated STH/"there thru thick and thin" is between 5-8K. Most others are semi-bandwagoners. I won tickets for a SB in Tampa and I sold 'em for $2K apiece. However, I would never sell SC tix and did celebrate the Bolts get their first Cup in 2004.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Both teams are deserving of playing game seven in the Final this year.

Either team could win it and most people wouldn't be surprised.

That being said, I would never bet against a team with McDavid on it when all the chips are down.

I honestly believe the Oilers are hungrier and the Panthers are shell shocked right now.

Go Oilers!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

That being said, I would never bet against a team with McDavid on it when all the chips are down.

I honestly believe the Oilers are hungrier and the Panthers are shell shocked right now.

Go Oilers!
As long as skinner holds the fort edm has a very solid chance. But if he lets in 4 goals on 10 shots and has a .700 save percentage there’s just no way you can win with goaltending that bad. He just needs one more good game! You also have to think McDavid becomes a one man wrecking crew just like game 5. I’d be shocked if he’s quiet like last game. It’s game 7.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't like the psychology of this situation. So much is at stake for the Panthers because of their choke job. A loss tomorrow makes it real. It might be franchise-shaking

Meanwhile this is our team's first time at this level and we came back from 3-0. In a way we are a success no matter what happens tomorrow, at least compared to the stakes for the Panthers.

I can tell you that isn't the case for me. I'll be Mr Notsopositive if we lose. It would hurt like hell, and 2006 still lingers over this team. This McDavid rebuild was born out of the ashes of that team falling apart. But, these narrative factors are real imo.

I really like the state of mind of McDavid and the team though. All this outside noise is not getting through. Plus there is a great narrative for an Oilers win. McDavid winning would be important for the league. We need a top star.

Reactions: Renopucker

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Go Oilers!

As long as skinner holds the fort edm has a very solid chance. But if he lets in 4 goals on 10 shots and has a .700 save percentage there’s just no way you can win with goaltending that bad. He just needs one more good game! You also have to think McDavid becomes a one man wrecking crew just like game 5. I’d be shocked if he’s quiet like last game. It’s game 7.
It’d be funny if McDavid finished -3 and Skinner gave up 4 on 20 but the Oilers still win 6-4 on a hat trick by Janmark and Bobrovsky putting up a .600

Be interesting to see what kind of post game narratives we’d get lol.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't like the psychology of this situation. So much is at stake for the Panthers because of their choke job. A loss tomorrow makes it real. It might be franchise-shaking

Meanwhile this is our team's first time at this level and we came back from 3-0. In a way we are a success no matter what happens tomorrow, at least compared to the stakes for the Panthers.

I can tell you that isn't the case for me. I'll be Mr Notsopositive if we lose. It would hurt like hell, and 2006 still lingers over this team. This McDavid rebuild was born out of the ashes of that team falling apart. But, these narrative factors are real imo.

I really like the state of mind of McDavid and the team though. All this outside noise is not getting through. Plus there is a great narrative for an Oilers win. McDavid winning would be important for the league. We need a top star.
Have to think the psychology edge goes to the Oilers. All week Knob has been talking about just having fun out there, and the team is parroting this message. What this tells me is that the team is playing "free-er". They truly are playing loose and having fun out there and its translating into some of the best Oilers hockey we've seen. Contributions and confidence up and down the line up. Solid defensive coverage everywhere. And high execution on our chances.

Meanwhile, the Cats are under immense pressure from dropping 3 in a row and facing the biggest collapse in Sports history. They are already feeling deflated just from the losses, add pressure onto that and it's a recipe for laying an egg. Maurice also looks to be out of answers.

We are in a good spot here, as good as you could hope for going into a Game 7 with so many things clicking in our favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad