Pre-Game Talk: Chipchee Redeemed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
1719191006488.png

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It’d be funny if McDavid finished -3 and Skinner gave up 4 on 20 but the Oilers still win 6-4 on a hat trick by Janmark and Bobrovsky putting up a .600

Be interesting to see what kind of post game narratives we’d get lol.
Yeah, that's the thing. You can look at this at every conceivable angle and you just have to hope it favors EDM. lol

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
If you get first pick in your fantasy team to play for a best of one in your EA NHL video game, which player would you choose? This answer should be easy for any single hockey fan in this world.

If the oilers lose tomorrow, oilers fans should accept the fact that we lost fair and square, regardless of the refs calling 10 penalties on the oilers. This is a one and done game with the oilers having the 2 best players in the world.

Here are a few individuals that wrote their own legacy which includes McDavid as a junior.

Crosby scored in 2010 vs USA when it mattered.
McDavid delivered in the world juniors when it mattered.
Lemieux in the Canada cup.
Hasek in Nagano.
Gretzky 4 cups
Messier team captain of the oilers 1990 cup win
Messier in 1994 says we will win
Patrick Roy as a rookie in 1986 beating the flames with a bunch of yahoos on Montreal

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I’m sensing that Oiler fans could count in the thousands for Game 7, and there is no doubt that each individual Oiler fan is likely to out cheer Panther’s fans 2 to 1.

Going to be a different vibe in that building compared to the first three games there.

And no matter what happens, there will be a big standing ovation with lots of energy at the end

Gonna be the least productive day in Edmonton work history

Then immediately topped by even less productivity on Tuesday haha

Tuesday is a phone in sick day

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Anyone going to the game? Bruins fan here, rooting for your team in the finals, I've always wanted to be in the building when the cup was awarded. So my daughter and I bought tickets when Edmonton took a 2-0 lead Friday night. I'd love to met up with some Oilers fans pregame.
Love the user name. I’m guessing it has something to do with Todd Marchant’s series clinching goal against Dallas way back when?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The entire sports world will be watching tomorrow. I lurk too much on instagram, in the comments section, and these are the quotes that are being spammed, repeated and most liked (on major sports pages that usually don't post hockey, ie. espn, sportscenter, bleachereport etc):

1) Oilers are America's team
2) I don't watch hockey, but I'll be watching game 7 of the NHL finals
3) I just want to see a team give up a 3-0 series lead
4) If Florida loses, it'll go down as the 2nd greatest collapse in sports history, next to 28-3 Falcons (NFL)
5) NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs
6) McDavid is having a 2016 Lebron run
7) McDavid is the Ohtani of hockey
8) Edmonton games and their fans are so lit!
9) We will either see the greatest collpase in NHL history, or the greatest let down in league history. Either way, memes will be made

Game 1 was the most watched NHL game in the last decade with over 7.1 million viewers. Tomorrow's game is projected to crush that number and possibly become the most watched game since game 7, 2009 Penguins, when Crosby won his first cup. This is literally out of a story book in the fantasy section. Surreal we are at the epicenter of it

You all have been here, on HF, for years, decades. Loyal, passionate and invested in the Edmonton Oilers. Orange and Blue running through your veins.
From the mediocre 90s, to the SCF game 7 loss in '06, through the decade of darkness, and through several years of ridicule and disappointment at the beginning of the McDavid era.
Now here we are, in game 7 of the finals, on the horizon on possibly writing history, in a series that will echo in eternity. For everyone in this forum and in this city, there is no fanbase that has earned this story more than this one here.

For HF, for the city, for the country and for the history books, let's claim what is rightfully ours, The Stanley Cup
Damn, that was more inspirational than a Paul Maurice post game presser following a win. I’m ready to go now.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I was a teenager the last time the Oilers won the Cup. The fans have kept that rink full through many dark days and deserve their own day in the Sun. After watching too many good Oilers come and go without much of a chance to win, it would be so good to see McDavid and this bunch reach the summit. Fingers crossed!

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Love the user name. I’m guessing it has something to do with Todd Marchant’s series clinching goal against Dallas way back when?
Good guess. But actually from a Bruins-Habs regular season game early in the '89-90 season. B's were down 2-0 with 5 minutes left. Bourque scored; Neely scored; then Glen Wesley came down the wing with about a minute left. Craig Ludwig fell down, and Wesley beat Roy with a wrister. The Garden went wild. That was my favorite regular season win of all time.

The B's iconic PBP voice, Fred Cusick, called out, "Ludwig Fell Down!" as it was happening. And that always stuck with me.

I'm drawing a blank on how that season ended for the Bruins. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad