Pre-Game Talk: Chipchee Redeemed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Good guess. But actually from a Bruins-Habs regular season game early in the '89-90 season. B's were down 2-0 with 5 minutes left. Bourque scored; Neely scored; then Glen Wesley came down the wing with about a minute left. Craig Ludwig fell down, and Wesley beat Roy with a wrister. The Garden went wild. That was my favorite regular season win of all time.

The B's iconic PBP voice, Fred Cusick, called out, "Ludwig Fell Down!" as it was happening. And that always stuck with me.

I'm drawing a blank on how that season ended for the Bruins. :sarcasm:
lol, okay. I’m not familiar with that one. What I am realizing though is Craig Ludwig was on the wrong end of a lot of iconic goals.

• Haha
Reactions: SnooPac

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I think our advantage is this - if we get a lead, their crowd will be dead… they will be scared. Bad for Florida

If the panthers get a lead, say even 3-0, then we score and it’s 3-1…. You can’t tell me that the players will be able to keep blowing not only a series lead, but a lead in game 7 out of their heads

Reactions: Oilhawks

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012

BTW, Bobrovsky .793 last 3 games

To Ray's comments on history: I think this is an exception:

Maurice alluded to this at the most recent press conference, "when the Panthers pay their style." This worked in games 1 to 3, but then the Oilers caught on and adapted and the Panthers could not change to match the Oilers speed and stretch passes. The Oilers have adapted all along and the Panthers, and Dallas previously, have not. Heck the Oilers incredible PK evolved during the Vancouver series and perfected in the Dallas one! As for Bob he is a great goalie but I think Wayne gave the scouting report in game 1 to go to his blocker side and shoot high. This seemed to have worked, and also Bob has not been great on breakaways or 2 on 1's (no defence to help).

We will see tomorrow!!

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Wasn’t alive to see the 80s Oilers dynasty so the pinnacle for myself as a fan was seeing our 05/06 run. I remember how excited I was when we came back from a 3-1 deficit to tie the series. I also remember how demoralized I was when we lost to Carolina in Game 7. It would be oh so nice to see the Oilers lift the cup this year after being written off countless times. I would say that it would go down as one of if not the best sports stories ever.

Reactions: Oilhawks

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
A fantasy team where you get first pick to choose a player to win the game in NHL24. In any video game scenario where every player is at max strength, mcdavid, draisaitl, hyman, ekholm, bouchard over barkov, Bennett, tkachuk, forsling, ekblad any day of the week. The 2 lines head to head, oilers would be given 96 points of strength and Florida 88.

Bennett and tkachuk wouldn't even be in the top 20 pick, Crosby, malkin, Marchand, kucherov, mackinnon, rantanen, landeskog, eichel, Matthew's, Nylander, list goes on, way ahead. On D makar, fox, Hughes, way ahead of forsling and ekblad. Tally up all the NHL24 points and there is no excuse for the oilers to lose. This isn't even taking nugent Hopkins and the stupidity of montour and kulikov into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad