Confirmed with Link: Nathan MacKinnon wins 2023-2024 Ted Lindsay Award (most outstanding player, as voted by peers) as well as 2023-2024 Hart Trophy (NHL MVP)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I actually agree. I think what explains that gap though was the ASG debacle with Kucherov. I think that made a lot of hockey media people really sour, and that's reflected in the vote totals. Probably not fair, but hey, Kucherov is the one who decided to flip the entire NHL the bird that weekend.
Also, one dude is Canadian and the other chuvak is Russian

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_6145.jpeg

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Anyone who was actually paying attention to the play on the ice and not just looking at box scores would have easily been able to tell you that 29 was the most dominant player on the ice this year.

The other players knew it, hence the Lindsay award and even the usually biased writers knew it.

29 deserved it, happy for him.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Lindsay was a given as Mack was the standout performer of the regular season.

Hart I would argue could have gone to Kucherov. 54 point gap to Tampa's 2nd leading scorer + Art Ross on a not so great team.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The Lindsay was a given as Mack was the standout performer of the regular season.

Hart I would argue could have gone to Kucherov. 54 point gap to Tampa's 2nd leading scorer + Art Ross on a not so great team.
The Hart is the fancier award in the media because they vote for it, but the Lindsay is more satisfying because all your peers that you play against vote for it , which is a lot more prestigious to the individual winning it

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Hart is the fancier award in the media because they vote for it, but the Lindsay is more satisfying because all your peers that you play against vote for it , which is a lot more prestigious to the individual winning it
I would rather take the Lindsay than the Hart. Obviously the media will hype up the Hart way more.

That being said, it's debatable if some of the players voting really even know that much about the entire regular season. Do they watch a bunch of non-conference games regularly all season?

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
It's nice to have that out of the way.
After Hall won it a few seasons back and with McDavid's dominance, it was starting to feel like MacK had gotten the short end of the stick and would miss out on the hardware that a career such as his truly deserves.
It's the same sense of relief I had when Makar won the Norris. Yes, he's young and will compete for it repeatedly yet, but it's never a guarantee and is good to have that recognition at least once.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
At least "we" won something this season....

Congrats to Mac for the Hart and Lindsey... Wow.

This is finally out of the way.

And now get you ass in the gym and training ground. :D

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
It's fun reading the mains and seeing all the whining about McJesus and Kucherov having more assists, and Matthews having more goals.

There are other scoring awards. The MVP of a team doesn't have to have the most points - otherwise Carey Price would never have won.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Good for Nate. Cements his legacy up with Sakic, Foppa, (and Makar when his career is done.)

Shame his amazing season was wasted by another Nichushkin letdown, but hopefully he can stay at this level a couple more years.

It’s been a pleasure watching him since he was drafted and he’s been a great Av on and off the ice since day 1.

Reactions: The Moops

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Good for Nate. Cements his legacy up with Sakic, Foppa, (and Makar when his career is done.)

Shame his amazing season was wasted by another Nichushkin letdown, but hopefully he can stay at this level a couple more years.

It’s been a pleasure watching him since he was drafted and he’s been a great Av on and off the ice since day 1.
He hasn’t given us nearly the entertainment as Val has off the ice:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad