Nashville Predators talk - The Offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeofSaros

Feb 28, 2024
Nyquist-ROR-Forsberg
Stamkos-Stephenson-Evangelista
Pärssinen-Novak-L'Heureux
Smith-McCarron-Sissons

Skjei-Josi
Gustafsson-Walker
Lauzon-Fabbro
Schenn

Saros
Askarov

That would be a true contending team. Cap space currently 26mil If u think the contracts would be like:
Stammer 6mil for 3 years
Stephenson 5mil for 4 years
Skjei 6mil for 5 years
Walker for 3mil
Gustafsson for 2mil

That's 22mil, i think you want to add a little bit more scoring from the D line so that's why i thought of Gustafsson. The main priority should be Stammer, Skjei and Stephenson, that would really be a great top 6. Come on Barry make it happen !

You can even move guys like Tomasino and Svechkov, because there isn't really space for them. I think Kemell should be kept for the future.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nyquist-ROR-Forsberg
Smith-McCarron-Sissons

Skjei-Josi
Gustafsson-Walker
Lauzon-Fabbro
Schenn

Saros
Askarov

That would be a true contending team. Cap space currently 26mil If u think the contracts would be like:
Stammer 6mil for 3 years
Skjei 6mil for 5 years
Walker for 3mil
Gustafsson for 2mil

That's 22mil, i think you want to add a little bit more scoring from the D line so that's why i thought of Gustafsson. The main priority should be Stammer, Skjei and Stephenson, that would really be a great top 6. Come on Barry make it happen !

You can even move guys like Tomasino and Svechkov, because there isn't really space for them. I think Kemell should be kept for the future.
I would put novak on wing with Pärssinen down the middle. Give L'Heureux one more season in the AHL and Tomasino a legit shot to at the very least build some trade value. We just saw Holtz go for next to nothing. Trading Tomasino for next to nothing when he has some real offensive flair would be silly.

Wouldnt trade svechkov. His ceiling is higher than Parssinen in ny opinion and RoR, Stamkos, and Stephenson are all nearing their expired date

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Mushy middle it is then I guess. Hopefully Trotz can actually decide on a strategy one of these days because the tactics do not seem to be in alignment with previous statements.
He didn’t commit. This past year was the year. Instead we picked 22.

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
Stamkos isn't great at even strength anymore, but he should really help the power play. If you're not going to reset/rebuild, which they're clearly not, I'm all for it. If nothing else, it would be really cool to see Stamkos in a Preds jersey.

Reactions: PredsV82

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
The problem is everyone thinks they can do better than Trotz because they won the Stanley Cup for 6 straight seasons on Be A GM mode. All you have to do is trade Saros and a 2nd for Connor Bedard and let Askarov become a 90 overall after 2 seasons
Or, people can have different opinions and that's what boards like this are for. There's some whining, but I see plenty of decent discussion here, and it ain't from posts like this just vomiting out strawmen and appeals to authority.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
Or, people can have different opinions and that's what boards like this are for. There's some whining, but I see plenty of decent discussion here, and it ain't from posts like this just vomiting out strawmen and appeals to authority.
I love a healthy discussion, however I see more whining about the teams moves rather than offering realistic ideas and solutions (and im pretty sure a few are just the same people with burner accounts). They place unrealistic expectations on management and get butt hurt when they make a move to stay competitive

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I think there are like 2, maybe 3, posters that put out ridiculous trade proposals you'd see in a video game. I think most that are expressing discontent don't see a cohesive plan that matches what has been articulated by the front office. Things still need to play out, so reactions are a little premature, but it doesn't generally come from a place that is posters thinking it's simple and they could do better.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I love a healthy discussion, however I see more whining about the teams moves rather than offering realistic ideas and solutions (and im pretty sure a few are just the same people with burner accounts). They place unrealistic expectations on management and get butt hurt when they make a move to stay competitive
Unless it's someone I have on ignore ( which is like 3 -4 people) I don't think anyone else fits that criteria. Several of the posters go back to the old Preds board ( and as far as I know I only have one of those on ignore ).

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
The only reason not to go for Stamkos at this point is if he wants term, like more than 3ish years.. clearly a rebuild isn't gonna happen so just use the cap space and there's not really a better option out there
I’d do 4 years at 7.25

Nyquist-ROR-Forsberg
Smith-McCarron-Sissons

Skjei-Josi
Gustafsson-Walker
Lauzon-Fabbro
Schenn

Saros
Askarov

Stammer 6mil for 3 years
Skjei 6mil for 5 years
Walker for 3mil
Gustafsson for 2mil

I’d rather go after monahan than stephenson. I but that’s just me

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
Unless it's someone I have on ignore ( which is like 3 -4 people) I don't think anyone else fits that criteria. Several of the posters go back to the old Preds board ( and as far as I know I only have one of those on ignore ).
Yeah I've had to just mute as well. I've been lurking and reading long enough to know that sometimes it's just not worth it. Ultimately, we're all here because 1. We love hockey, and 2. We want to see this team win

Reactions: Lug and predhead1

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'd be very happy bringing in Stamkos and Skjei. Only Stammer worry is too much term, but he's good enough that it's worth the risk (IMO unlike Stevenson or Lindholm).

Some *very* interesting young Dman neames just hit the market. Brannstrom and Boqvist not qualified/bought out, with rumblings Liljegren might not be qualified either. Exactly the type of player I'd want to bring in to compete for 3rd pairing minutes.

@Viqsi what's the scouting report on Boqvist?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
The more I think about it, the more I don’t wanna trade askarov. But he needs to be backing up saros this year. I would do a 57/25 split this year and next year I would give him a 3 year bridge contract for 2.5-3 million and I would start giving him a 50/32 game split for 3 years and run a saros/askarov tandem for 4 years. After that who knows. Askarov value might be where Schneider‘s was and we can get a top 10 pick plus something for him. I just don’t see people over paying for him now

Monahan's health still worries me and his defensive game is pretty much none.
Well I don’t want him for his defensive game I want him for in goal scoring ability which it looks like has came back after his injuries

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The more I think about it, the more I don’t wanna trade askarov. But he needs to be backing up saros this year. I would do a 57/25 split this year and next year I would give him a 3 year bridge contract for 2.5-3 million and I would start giving him a 50/32 game split for 3 years and run a saros/askarov tandem for 4 years. After that who knows. Askarov value might be where Schneider‘s was and we can get a top 10 pick plus something for him. I just don’t see people over paying for him now

Well I don’t want him for his defensive game I want him for in goal scoring ability which it looks like has came back after his injuries
His defensive ability likely puts him in the doghouse. If Brunette plays him, i think he would do well. Question is... does he get played?

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Will be shocked if Stamkos comes here. There are more competitive destinations and agents/GMs have used us as a decoy to get improved offers for so many years now.
Only reason I think he might is that McDonagh might have put in a good word. Past that the main reason is I think Trotz will probably offer him more money and term than some of the more competitive teams can afford to give.

Any word on Johanssen buyout?
They can't but him out as long as he is claiming LTIR status is my understanding.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I assume and hope, assuming Asky isn't traded, we bring in a veteran backup goalie as well. My approach would then be:
  • Saros still gets 55 starts or whatever
  • Askarov gets 35-40 starts in the AHL while Backup ABC dresses behind Saros
  • Whenever we have a back to back or a time you want Saros to rest, call Askarov up, scratch either Saros or Backup
  • Send him back down
You'd end up with 55 Saros starts, 15-20 Askarov NHL starts and 35 Askarov AHL starts, and very few starts from our "backup". If Saros gets hurt, Askarov is the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad