Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He wants 8 years at least or Tampa wouldn’t have traded a third…they’re trying to keep the AAV down by offering the extra year

Tampa can't offer 8 years because Guentzel wasn't on their roster at the deadline.

Stamkos out Guentzel in seems like a lateral move in terms of total offense provided.

But he’s 4 years younger so whatever.

Wait Guentzel is only 4 years younger than Stamkos?

Stamkos is either way younger or Guentzel is way older than I thought he was.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Which is sad. Poulin might be a bust but I think he has NHL level skills. To be at least a solid "contributing" 4th liner. Possibly 20 points. A bit higher upside with any luck.

It's also completely counter to what we are preaching about youth, but I mean. Whatevers.

Stamkos out Guentzel in seems like a lateral move in terms of total offense provided.

But he’s 4 years younger so whatever.

Jake is probably better at 5v5.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Tampa can't offer 8 years because Guentzel wasn't on their roster at the deadline.

Wait Guentzel is only 4 years younger than Stamkos?

Stamkos is either way younger or Guentzel is way older than I thought he was.
Then why pay Carolina for his rights? Jake’s going to sign where he’s going to sign at this point…there’s basically no private negotiating period

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I've long thought Poulin was a dud, but it'd be cool to finally find out 43 years after he was drafted. :laugh: Like, I don't think any of the young guys in this organization (Poulin, Puustinen, Puljujarvi, etc) are any good but god damn, let's finally find out instead of inevitably signing another couple of Nietos and Acciaris tomorrow.

Nieto's back in December and 100% is guaranteed a role with this team despite focusing on youth being the mantra.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I've long thought Poulin was a dud, but it'd be cool to finally find out 43 years after he was drafted. :laugh: Like, I don't think any of the young guys in this organization (Poulin, Puustinen, Puljujarvi, etc) are any good but god damn, let's finally find out instead of inevitably signing another couple of Nietos and Acciaris tomorrow.
Poulin doesn’t have the skating to be a NHL player…you can only work so much on that…that was his knock at draft time…it’s why at least average skating is so important

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Poulin doesn’t have the skating to be a NHL player…you can only work so much on that…that was his knock at draft time…it’s why at least average skating is so important

This is honestly where I'm at with Poulin as well.

I'd personally use him as a trade chip for another reclamation project type because I don't have any confidence in him panning out as a NHLer at this point.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
This is honestly where I'm at with Poulin as well.

I'd personally use him as a trade chip for another reclamation project type because I don't have any confidence in him panning out as a NHLer at this point.

Yeah we've gotten 5 games of him in the NHL, it's over.

Ty Smith vibes.

The core is the reason sully is still here

We shall see!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’m not sure why we’re settled on Poulin after 6 games. This place never learns.

I'm not saying Poulin is 100% not an NHLer, I just don't have much confidence in him being a NHLer.

From what I've seen, I don't think he has the speed to be an effective winger and I'm not sure they'll open up a center spot for him. With him becoming waiver eligible next year, it's basically do or die time with him. And I've not seen anything to make me think "do" is more likely than "die".

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
If their hockey iq is good enough they can get by.

A lot of younger players don’t have the skating at the time of the draft and improve on it later. It’s impossible to tell which ones will and which ones won’t. Poulin didn’t.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, I mean, Ty Smith very probably sucks shit too. But again, let's see (I know he's gone, but point stands)? Zero reason to sign multiple years' worth of vet losers on inflated deals when we have young losers on cheap deals here. :laugh:

Not like this team's anything within miles of a contender anymore. They might not even make the playoffs again while Sid's still playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad