GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We can't ice the same group as last year. Another year of losing being acceptable will turn these young guys into a bunch of Dvoraks.
We need to turn someof thoseone goal losses into wins........this is a group that is about to refuse to lose as much as they have.
We have had 3 great drafts under the new management. On the job 2 plus years, but 3 drafts, and you just know Suzuki and CC and Slaf are all wanting to start to climb the standings......

If Monty and Primeau can stand their ground, and the young D become a step better, we will move up the standings for sure.

Does he make a trade today? Or does he grab a good top 6 guy tomorrow?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We can't ice the same group as last year. Another year of losing being acceptable will turn these young guys into a bunch of Dvoraks.
Habs are going to ice very much the same group as last year. It's next off-season where they have just 8 signed players (10 with Slaf and Guhle being RFA) that thing will change.

I'm personally hoping for them to clear the bottom 6 and dmen a bit to get some more competent defensive players and a Savard replacement (or extend him) since the RHD are still very green, but I'm not expecting it to happen. Hughes have been proactive to trade for players, but not very to trade them away outside the deadline...

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I want mean nasty mofos.

michael-scott-giggling-3g7di4ymx33pazil.webp

Is Sean Monahan a nasty boi

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Can't see HuGo bringing in Mantha. If they bring in a veteran forward, they'll want him to have leadership skills and strong work ethic to influence our kids.
Ideally, yes. They might find themselves out of options, though, and that's where guys like Mantha come into play. Hopefully, they will be able sign one of the proven veteran mentor types.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Guentzel to Tampa is happening. Still have to agree on a contract, but it’s looking like that’s pretty much a formality at this point.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Buh bye Stammer….its time for the Vinny & Marty show

Guentzel is a big upgrade over Stamkos at this stage
He’s smaller and has started to get hurt / miss GP die to injuries a lot more. Stamkos has missed 3GP total in the last 3-full seasons (played in 240-of-243GP)

Reactions: Expos94

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Buh bye Stammer….

He’s smaller and has started to get hurt / miss GP die to injuries a lot more. Stamkos has missed 3GP total in the last 3-full seasons (played in 240-of-243GP)

Probably might end up with both. They are the original ltir pioneers

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Welcome, Stammer ! OK, it's a dream and he's not as good as he was.

On a different boat, with the Stars presumably out on Tanev, Savard could be an option... Habs get a retention spot back tomorrow.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Does anyone else see Stamkos reuniting with Yzerman in Detroit almost a foregone conclusion? I mean, it sounds like Nashville will make a push. But I’m not sure who else. Rangers if they can rid of Trouba? They’ve been linked to Kane as well.

Detroit still has to re-sign Seider and Raymond, but they have some decent cap space to work with. I can see Yzerman totally overpaying for an aging Stamkos.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Buh bye Stammer….

That seals it....and if you're ever offered a 8 year 2.5- 3 million deal In Tampa like Kilhorn and Stamkos , pack it up and leave town.
Everything that was said about wanting to keep Stamkos was all smoke ....

Ov8 and Crosby would never accept that type of deal....Nor should Stamkos.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Does anyone else see Stamkos reuniting with Yzerman in Detroit almost a foregone conclusion? I mean, it sounds like Nashville will make a push. But I’m not sure who else. Rangers if they can rid of Trouba? They’ve been linked to Kane as well.

Detroit still has to re-sign Seider and Raymond, but they have some decent cap space to work with. I can see Yzerman totally overpaying for an aging Stamkos.
I dont see why anyone would pick the Wings over the Habs with all due respect.

From the outside, that rebuild looks like a trainwreck and only Patrick Kane coming and scoring at a ppg saved them last year.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Preds make most sense to me, but unlike ROR & Duchene who were small town Ontario boys, I don’t picture Stamkos being ok w Nashville - and I luv the city

Then, I always keep coming back to this, for the same term no US team can provide the take home Habs / Cdn team can. I admittedly do not know how much cap space Det have, but they seem to be after grit / truculence as we see from Trouba attempt, at least from. afar

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Yzerman was the one responsible for St Louis leaving Tampa, which Stamkos was not happy with.

Reactions: salbutera

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
What is Carolina doing? Losing Guentzel, Necas, Teravainrn, and possibly Pesce. Wow.

Unless they’re loading up for Stamkos, Montour?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad