Pre-Game Talk: Chipchee Redeemed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
1719128820040.png

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I said before game 5 that game 5 would be the hardest to win and I stand by that

We could still lose game 7 of course. A couple bad bounces and we are skating up hill. Scoring first is a big deal. But, even if that happens this team can fight back
I have to agree. It was a must win game 5 for the Panthers. There are hundreds of reasons to back that up. I'm pretty sure the Panthers went all out in game 5 but they were truly out of gas. Their entire team has gone through too much wear and tear to maintain their physical forecheck.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Not sure why some outsiders are comparing this to 2006

2006 was a Cinderella team (quite honestly)

2024 has the best player in the world and was the best team in the NHL since Nov
Pronger was the best player in the world in 2006. That wasn't Cinderella. Oilers had one of the greatest D man of all time. Peca is always clutch in the playoffs. Roloson was the best goalie they've had in over a decade. Pisani went beast mode while smyth going suicidal every shift. That team should have won it if it wasn't for MAB.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Crazy to think if we made it this deep the last couple years we could have seen multiple 40 point playoff performances for McDavid, possibly even Draisaitl, assuming they’re healthy for most of it.

Really hope we get another contract out of these guys and some more deep runs for the next few years

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I dont understand the people trying to compare the ridicule and pain of the Panthers losing (probably the biggest comeback in sports) and the Oilers losing coming back from 0-3. The Oilers are still playing with house money and I think Oiler fans would still be incredibly proud that we made a series out of it. To me it just sounds like a bunch of uneducated leaf fans who know nothing but pain.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I dont understand the people trying to compare the ridicule and pain of the Panthers losing (probably the biggest comeback in sports) and the Oilers losing coming back from 0-3. The Oilers are still playing with house money and I think Oiler fans would still be incredibly proud that we made a series out of it. To me it just sounds like a bunch of uneducated leaf fans who know nothing but pain.
The fact that the Oilers took the almighty Panthers to 7 is already pretty tough for some of them to deal with. You'd think the Panthers/Bruins/Lightning were the 80s Oilers the way some Leafs fans cope about their division.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I agree. The Oilers are playing a game that psychologically they can't lose. If they lose, their effort will be compared favorably to Flyers in '87 where everyone thought they were done and they forced a 7th game.

If Edmonton scores first the tension in the building will be palatable. Maurice will start screaming at everyone. The Panthers forwards who haven't produced much will continue to press.

Can't wait for the puck to drop tomorrow night.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
The entire sports world will be watching tomorrow. I lurk too much on instagram, in the comments section, and these are the quotes that are being spammed, repeated and most liked (on major sports pages that usually don't post hockey, ie. espn, sportscenter, bleachereport etc):

1) Oilers are America's team
2) I don't watch hockey, but I'll be watching game 7 of the NHL finals
3) I just want to see a team give up a 3-0 series lead
4) If Florida loses, it'll go down as the 2nd greatest collapse in sports history, next to 28-3 Falcons (NFL)
5) NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs
6) McDavid is having a 2016 Lebron run
7) McDavid is the Ohtani of hockey
8) Edmonton games and their fans are so lit!
9) We will either see the greatest collpase in NHL history, or the greatest let down in league history. Either way, memes will be made

Game 1 was the most watched NHL game in the last decade with over 7.1 million viewers. Tomorrow's game is projected to crush that number and possibly become the most watched game since game 7, 2009 Penguins, when Crosby won his first cup. This is literally out of a story book in the fantasy section. Surreal we are at the epicenter of it

You all have been here, on HF, for years, decades. Loyal, passionate and invested in the Edmonton Oilers. Orange and Blue running through your veins.
From the mediocre 90s, to the SCF game 7 loss in '06, through the decade of darkness, and through several years of ridicule and disappointment at the beginning of the McDavid era.
Now here we are, in game 7 of the finals, on the horizon on possibly writing history, in a series that will echo in eternity. For everyone in this forum and in this city, there is no fanbase that has earned this story more than this one here.

For HF, for the city, for the country and for the history books, let's claim what is rightfully ours, The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad