Seravalli: Chiarot being scratched until traded?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Not me. Chiarot in 4-5 years might have gotten slow. To put it otherwise, the 3 years Chiarot was in Montreal are still to be played for Risto.

Signing a guy up to 35 and up to 32 are very different things. 32 just about always makes sense, 35 is pushing it and can bite you in the rear end.
Fair enough. I agree with your age threshold for forwards, but good skating defensemen with size tend to age better.

Reactions: pth2

Jul 6, 2016
Yeah, it makes alot of sense in a rebuild mode.

They don't use that word in MTL. That actual team is not as bad as a 32Nd overall, and not as good as the SC Finalist last Summer. It's a mid-pack level team when they are healthy (with Price in the line up) and better coached. Keeping Chiarot would had made sense while the youngsters come up and prove they belong to the NHL (Guhle, Harris, Struble, Norlinder, Mailloux, etc....)

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Someone will pay a 1st for Chiarot. Maybe not the Leafs or the Canes, but somebody. Would not be surprised if it's St. Louis, who genuinely need one more LHed top-4 D. He's a player that becomes far more effective when the pace slows in the postseason. See the last playoffs as the prime example.

Are you seriously saying playoffs have a slower pace than regular season?

Chiarot simply elevates his play when it matters and he's a tough mofo. Ask marner who was afraid to skate along the boards and retreive the puck in the corners. He's very mobile for his size

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
It was also reported that a last minute decision will be made about Lehkonen whether he plays or not tonight

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You need time to watch games

You need to watch the games yeah but also have good hockey knowledge as well. Some people look at a guy playing 20-25 min a game and then get all upset when they are making a mistake where their coach constantly has them against the other teams best lines all the time.

Basically the same thing as focusing on Danault's lack of offense when he is getting 60-80% of D zone starts and his focus is shutting down the other teams best line.

Reactions: 1909

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
primarily ones from previous years

All of them. But the playoffs is where you get to see them at their best (or worse). Everyone steps up in the playoffs and a guy like Chiarot has stepped up big time for a while now. He's definitely one you want to play with vs against. That big physical body can skate and good luck escaping him

This is not some cheap salesman pitch. Habs know what we are trading

In recent weeks, the Habs have played Chiarot on the RD side and with PP time. Basically showcasing his ability to play both sides and other teams can look at his puck management playing in that RD spot and on the PP which he held his own offensively very well.

Jul 6, 2016
It was also reported that a last minute decision will be made about Lehkonen whether he plays or not tonight

It's not "potential trade" related, I think. he did not play the last game because of an injury.

Reactions: Oryxo

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Are you seriously saying playoffs have a slower pace than regular season?

Chiarot simply elevates his play when it matters and he's a tough mofo. Ask marner who was afraid to skate along the boards and retreive the puck in the corners. He's very mobile for his size
Leafs fans, just like their GM, dont understand what a Chairot type of defenseman is about. Dumbass built his team on high draft picks and analytics. They will keep getting kicked out of the playoffs in the 1st round.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Leafs fans, just like their GM, dont understand what a Chairot type of defenseman is about. Dumbass built his team on high draft picks and analytics. They will keep getting kicked out of the playoffs in the 1st round.

I think they have knowledgeable fans, but i kinda agree about their GM. When all is said and done, i'm pretty sure dumbas will be known as a failure. I was never a fan of him that's for sure

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Someone will pay a 1st for Chiarot. Maybe not the Leafs or the Canes, but somebody. Would not be surprised if it's St. Louis, who genuinely need one more LHed top-4 D. He's a player that becomes far more effective when the pace slows in the postseason. See the last playoffs as the prime example.

I'm not sure if we get the 1st rounder but the return should be very solid. Hard to guess.

However, in the playoffs, it's not slower, it's more physical which may make you think it's slower. Basically, there is less time and space cause everybody raises their game. Some have ability to raise there game more notches than others though

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think they have knowledgeable fans, but i kinda agree about their GM. When all is said and done, i'm pretty sure dumbas will be known as a failure. I was never a fan of him that's for sure

I agree. Dubas has not improved the team during his time as GM. It's been a few years now of trading futures and he still has defensive/physical issues and now has goaltending problems. Mrazek signing might be his worse move and that's going to cost him to move now

Reactions: frederixx

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Believe it or not, I've seen hockey.

He's a bit like Girardi. He noticeably makes good defensive plays but then you realize he's always defending.

You don't understand usage and the coach leaning heaving on D zone guys. Keep watching and learn from what some of the posters are saying. Usage and D zone starts is important.

Danault was criticized for lack of offense by several Habs fans but they failed to realize that he was in a defensive role where he started in the D zone 60-80% of the time and that's not some typical average. Far from it. With the Kings, he is more close to 50/50 and his stats show up.

Muzzin was criticized lately by Leafs fans but their coach is also leaning on him heavy in a defensive role. So many look at stats and points and they just don't know what they are talking about. A hockey team needs parts in many different areas and it's not always about offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad