Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
This is my point. I get hes made millions but you'd be insane to walk away from that kind of money. He probably has a job for life with Vegas when he retires anyways.

I think it will take a whole lot of work from the next Vegas management group to repair the damage they've done with him the past few years.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Ahhh. Another example of a team violating the spirit of the cap and no penalty. Love it as a Devils fan!

Reactions: dukeofjive

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
They could have told him rather than have him read it on the internet. It’s a trend for the organization. Several players that were traded from their didn’t seem to like the way it was handled.
Trade him and then tell him he has been traded.

Someone high up probably leaked it. It was NHL sirus twitter page that 1st broke it I believe

Vegas didn't want to say a pip unless the trade was concluded

Because agent/MAF would try to void trade (it looks like)

It is certainly MAF right to retire. I think Vegas wouldn't care if this happens. Just return the asset to Hawks and have 7m of free capsapce

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Ehh, maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I think Foley would do him a solid. The guy was willing to join an expansion team and was pretty happy doing so. He was the first face of the team.
"Face of Francise traded in late stages of career, finds out via Twitter"

Man, idk.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
You're ignoring the steady upward trajectory of his career since getting traded to LA
Well when you are shit for so long the only way to go is up right? Also during his time in LA he was 20-26 with a horrible GAA and SV% numbers. Not sure how that is an "Upwards Trajectory".

Reactions: dukeofjive

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Someone high up probably leaked it. It was NHL sirus twitter page that 1st broke it I believe

It is certainly MAF right to retire. I think Vegas wouldn't care if this happens. Just return the asset to Hawks and have 7m of free capsapce

I also think Vegas feels there are plenty of players who like hookers and coke so they don’t have to worry about their reputation so much.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

He wasn’t even told by Vegas even after it leaked…

Also how would they void it? Are you even thinking?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Is Flower still a Knight if he doesn't screw up that crucial play behind his net in the playoffs vs the Habs?

Seems like that was the last straw..

Reactions: BFLO

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I don't think you are

scenario 1

Vegas approaches MAF - on top of your M-NTC, is there anywhere you want to be traded??

MAF - list a few teams he prefers to be traded to

Vegas - Only team that wants you is Hawks

MAF - threatens to retire instead. Sends this message to Hawks also

trade unlikely to go through

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Man you think the least you could do is at least discuss the move with the guy who was a major reason why Vegas was a primetime player since their inception.

Flower was a rock for them on and off the ice, and that's how you repay him? I get hockey is a business but come the f*** on, at least let the guy know.

Sounds like this is standard procedure for Vegas though

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He wasn’t even told by Vegas even after it leaked…

Btw MAF is thinking about retirement, due to trade

this voids the trade, if he indeed retires

Look at the prior posts for reference.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Ahhh. Another example of a team violating the spirit of the cap and no penalty. Love it as a Devils fan!

I don't like what they've done from a culture and ethics standpoint, but why is this a violation of the cap?

Fleury had a 10 team no-trade list. Chicago wasn't on the list. Vegas traded Fleury to Chicago for a guy named Hakkarainen.

All legal.

Reactions: rocketdan9

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Well when you are shit for so long the only way to go is up right? Also during his time in LA he was 20-26 with a horrible GAA and SV% numbers. Not sure how that is an "Upwards Trajectory".

You might as well just tell me you never watched him play

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Vegas needed to dump MAF in order to take care of letiner. Chicago while they like there young goalies a veteran was in need to help split the duties and allow Lankin or Delia the opportunity to grow into the starter position.

Regarding cap space I'm guessing there using seabrooks cap once he is LTIR or possibly another traded coming with de haan moving out.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
I don't think you are

scenario 1

Vegas approaches MAF - on top of your M-NTC, is there anywhere you want to be traded??

MAF - list a few teams he prefers to be traded to

Vegas - Only team that wants you is Hawks

MAF - threatens to retire instead. Sends this message to Hawks also

trade unlikely to go through

Vegas made the trade to get out of the contract. If MAF retires the contract ends. It would have made no difference to VGK if MAF retired to was traded.

So in your scenario the next step would be for VGK to say well we are trading you to Chicago it you would rather retire then file the paperwork.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad