Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Vegas is a shit org, and Flower is 100% reporting. He will have the next 50 years to hang with family, no way he walks from 6MM bucks to get an early start on retirement. 10 months more hockey with a pretty good team and 6MM for the family fund, it's a no brainer.

This is my point. I get hes made millions but you'd be insane to walk away from that kind of money. He probably has a job for life with Vegas when he retires anyways.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Could be true, but you’d be shocked at how much NHL players intermingle. Word of Vegas treating their players like shit will have some effect. Maybe not as much as contending, but some.
UFA's will simply start demanding NMC's and NTC's when they sign in Vegas, which will hurt them in the long run.

Reactions: Zrhutch

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The same Jack Campbell that was one of the best goalies in the league this year?

I get where you're going with that point, but horrible timing
He played 22 games and it took him 12 years and like 4 organizations to get to that point. I don’t think Vegas wants to wait that long.

Reactions: dukeofjive

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Flower not 100% committed?

Not good for the Blackhawks even if he reports at this point.

He looked mentally bad in last year's playoffs...now getting jerked around like this.

Not sure I would depend on him. Just scratch the deal at this point.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
VGK might still be a little peeved at how MAF behaved during last year’s playoffs with the whole stab-in-the-back thing. They certainly don’t care for Walsh.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I bet the Hawks find a way to resign him in a year on a cheap 1-2 year deal. By that time they should know for sure if Lankinen is the real deal to be a starter.

Good move by Stan.

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Not a Vegas fan, but shit like this makes me consider not following this league anymore. Disgraceful and pathetic behavior.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
The next day isnt guaranteed, if he wants to spend time with his family after having already made millions he will choose to do so

Hockey players live on the road for most of the season. It's not like he's taking his kids to school or coaching them in Hockey during the season.

Yes he will see them less but 6MM is too much to walk away from for an 8-10 month commitment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad