Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
E7UKrW_WEAA5QQU

Reactions: llamateizer

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
When you post a link where MAF stated he found out from social media 1st?

otherwise how are you coming to this conclusion

trading a player 1st and then telling them after .... it happens

if you don't do this, they might , prevent the trade..... its already kind of happening (retirement)
Walsh tweeted it. Shitty move by a shitty organization.

Reactions: Puck You Too

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Vegas has always treated their players like ****, they shipped Schmidt out after he signed a huge long term deal because a shiny new toy became available.

Trust me it's not just the players they treat like shit. It's the fans too, but that's an entirely other matter. And I have zero issue with them trading anyone they see fit. I want the Cup. Just have some courtesy with the people you're dealing with.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Their roster is already full once Martinez signs sans backup goalie. If they make a move for a center like Eichel or Kuznetsov 1 winger would have to go to make it work. Very manageable cap situation now on all fronts.

I was talking more Dougie Hamilton specifically, unless their is a corresponding move, and they don't exactly have the depth on backend to swap out significant money in order to make room for him.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Toews was nearly PPG in 2020 and just about PPG the year before. He still has it, even if he had to sit out this season.

Toews is still a solid player, just not a 10.5m player. Hope he can still come back but his cap hit hurts the team greatly in being able to add another skilled forward or a top 4 dman.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I get the family angle but this sucks

Makes me realize how it feels to be a Jet or Oiler fan having player reject us

Hopefully this is resolved one way or other within 24 hours because if MAF is not coming Hawks need to be able to go after a goalie (Like Ullmark for instance)

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I was talking more Dougie Hamilton specifically, unless their is a corresponding move, and they don't exactly have the depth on backend to swap out significant money in order to make room for him.

Oh yeah there is less than zero chance they have interest in Dougie. Our right defense is set for a long time with Petro/Theo/Whitecloud. This cap space is going towards the forward group.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Walsh tweeted it. Shitty move by a shitty organization.

Well if this Walsh guy is legit....fine

somebody from NHL office or Hawks or Vegas side leaked it first (approval stage)

Again, trades suck for players

if Vegas went to MAF first. He would have threatened retirement 1st....then Vegas waits until he retires.

And maybe MAF does not.... almost like a mini NMC/NTC move

Vegas could have also tried to trade him to a more preferred destination. But if they got no takers, then what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad