Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The fact that the reigning Vezina winner was traded for nothing is a disgrace to the NHL.

I don't get the argument.

Goalies in general are notoriously very up and down and Fleury is especially, several of his best seasons have been followed by absolute stinkers. At age 37 he's a risky addition.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If you were a UFA tomorrow and Vegas wants to sign you what is your thoughts ? Legit question and not being over dramatic give what’s just happened. I would not want to go somewhere that pulls crap that Vegas did .

Reactions: BillPrep

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Vegas made the trade to get out of the contract. If MAF retires the contract ends. It would have made no difference to VGK if MAF retired to was traded.

So in your scenario the next step would be for VGK to say well we are trading you to Chicago it you would rather retire then file the paperwork.

yes in theory... but the trickery/indecisiveness could equal to

MAF threatens retirement. To block the trade. Indicates he is thinking to retire....but does not

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
From a hockey standpoint, I think this is a good move for Vegas. I don't like DeBoer, but the organization is behind their coach and it is obvious that he doesn't get along with Fleury.

The Knights have another well-paid goalie. It was time to choose and stop the off-ice drama.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Call him on the phone to tell him you are trading him rather than letting him read it on twitter

yes...so he can threaten retirement. And also let Hawks know that he may retire. Blocking the deal?

Its a no win situation for Vegas. They honored his M-NTC at least no?

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
yes in theory... but the trickery/indecisiveness could equal to

MAF threatens retirement. To block the trade. Indicates he is thinking to retire....but does not

Which is why they would tell MAF to file that paperwork, that way it is official. If MAF says he might retire they still complete the trade. Only way they dont complete the trade is if he actually retires.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If MAF is open to Pittsburgh there is easy solution here

MAF to Pit
Jarry to Chi
Nothing to Vegas

This is what I hate about that tweet. You know the Penguins are just going to sit on their hands until it becomes clear what Chicago is going to do with Fleury. If Fleury decides he's good to play with Chicago and Chicago doesn't want to trade him, the Penguins are going to be left with their pants down with finding a goalie upgrade. It's so predictable.

If I were the Penguins GM, I'd basically just say "I'll give you Jarry and a prospect for Fleury with some salary retained", and if Chicago says no, move on to different options.

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Wow. I feel so bad for MAF… all the guys does is give everything and perform. Didn’t even get a trade call. They pulled the same stuff with Schmidt…. Would make me think twice before signing there

Reactions: Jake Barnes

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Which is why they would tell MAF to file that paperwork, that way it is official. If MAF says he might retire they still complete the trade. Only way they dont complete the trade is if he actually retires.

The issue is...you can't force a player to file the paperwork

its like "forced" retirement.

Do you really think MAF wants to give up 7m dollars? he just wants to play for an org or his choice at this point of his career/family life/settle down

And Vegas couldn't or wouldn't accommodate this

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I thought Chicago was rebuilding? They clear their cap of one washed up over the hill player and then turn around and spend even more on a different one? why

If Vegas pulls in Eichel because of this I will break things.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad