Confirmed with Link: [CHI/VAN] Gustav Forsling traded for Adam Clendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
He scored a bunch on a relatively offence only team. When the game mattered he wasn't really around.

Most of Canada's dmen were far better. They had to give Sweden something.

I agree, I didn't like his game. What I'm trying to say is that perhaps the Hawks GM was encouraged by his point totals. Obviously their management isn't going to make trades off stats alone, but the 8 points in five games is definitely better than, say, two in five; I feel that Benning traded Forsling when his value was at its peak.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
Forsling has a good 6 games. That's it. Clendening had a great season last year.
Forsling will be a success if he plays an NHL game. Clendening is already a 6th/7th defenceman.
Canucks won this trade.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Funny how short everyones WJC memory is though, Clendening was an awesome pp qb for the states in 08-09

It was the 2012 team he played for. 5 points in 6 games.

But I do remember hoping the Canucks would take him in 2011 with the 29th pick (or Jurco).

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
You don't get 59 points in 70+ games in the AHL by luck. Call him up and it fills a need automatically.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
For people who wanna panic.

Clendening put up 60 points in the AHL, yes the AHL not junior, this kid has upside.

It's not a "Forsling is awesome and Clendening sucks!" kind of thing. It's more, for me anyway, that I wish this organization would just stick with their promising prospects. The Canucks can't draft worth a damn as it is, so when they actually do uncover some gems, you'd like them to take their time and invest in those kids, not just say "Sweet, we actually have a good looking prospect! Now let's go see what we can get with it!!".

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
It's not a "Forsling is awesome and Clendening sucks!" kind of thing. It's more, for me anyway, that I wish this organization would just stick with their promising prospects. The Canucks can't draft worth a damn as it is, so when they actually do uncover some gems, you'd like them to take their time and invest in those kids, not just say "Sweet, we actually have a good looking prospect! Now let's go see what we can get with it!!".

Meh, I don't really care as long as we end up with the best players.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
So it's becoming clear how benning want to build this team. He is trying to fill in the year gaps that we have in age groups, with players who have already been in development systems for awhile.

Linden Vey is another good example of this.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
yeah I wonder why such a big drop in production. never like seeing that from a prospect.

Attitude maybe?, Motivation?, From what I have seen his skating seems very good, which is a nice sign.

May 31, 2006
He's also pretty solid in his own end.

No. He can't.

A young player with that sort of production in the AHL should be playing in the NHL by now, so clearly the Hawks didn't see him as having a defensive game. Guy is like Connauton (who despite his recent hot streak is still a crappy player).

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
While true, this year he has only one goal and 12 assists in 30 games.

Indeed, a concern, although has more competition this year with the trade for Rundblad blocking the NHL route and other prospects coming in.

13 in 30 puts him just ahead of Biega for 2nd highest scoring D man on the comets.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
No. He can't.

A young player with that sort of production in the AHL should be playing in the NHL by now. Guy is like Connauton (who despite his recent hot streak is still a crappy player).

He's worked to improve on his defence this season, so that could explain his point totals this season.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Posted on trade board by CHI fan:

Hawks got last year's Eddie Shore winner T.J. Brennan in the Nick Leddy trade. He's a similar player and took over Clendening's spot as PP QB. Hawks have a lot of right D depth and Clendening was stuck with the worst of the bunch of their AHL D. He's also been asked to focus more on his play in his own zone.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
From what I've read, the reason behind his stats dropping is because a lack of motivation because he realized Chicago has ridiculous depth on the right side and other prospects had passed him this year. That shouldn't be a problem here in Vancouver to say the least lol

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
No. He can't.

A young player with that sort of production in the AHL should be playing in the NHL by now, so clearly the Hawks didn't see him as having a defensive game. Guy is like Connauton (who despite his recent hot streak is still a crappy player).

have you seen Forsling try to play defense? he's brutal! just stands around and doesn't move his feet. Forsling will be lucky to even taste the AHL, let alone have success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad