Confirmed with Link: [CHI/VAN] Gustav Forsling traded for Adam Clendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
McKenzie speculating he gets recalled tomorrow to play immediately. (On my phone, linking to or quoting Tweets is difficult)

Awesome. Can't wait to see him play. This really has to mean one of Weber, Stanton, or Sbisa are gone very very soon.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
And I'd definitely be on board.

I think I'd be pretty pleased if JB found a way to pry Connolly out of Tampa. Acquiring Vey/Connolly/Clendening would mean that JB is bringing in the reinforcements which were never drafted from that Hodgson-era period of 2007 to 2011...

RewBicks

Feb 10, 2007
So a franchise who has a bone dry cupboard of prospects trades away one of the few promising ones?

well done Jim-bob :facepalm:

For one that is, by all accounts, a better one, that was originally drafted three rounds ahead of Forsling, and has a proven AHL track record.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Thought I'd find the 59 point season for him to be on a powerhouse Ice Hog teams—not the case. Hogs were a .500 team, and he led the team in scoring as a defenceman. Next highest scorer had 47 points (granted that was Morin and he only played 47 games, but still).

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I was still holding out hope for Petrovic, but Clendening does seem much better, and likely cheaper by the looks of this

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I wasn't a huge fan of Forsling in terms of NHL potential anyways so pretty happy with this deal. A 22 yr old defenseman that has success at the AHL level is much higher chance of being an NHL defenseman.

This current team badly needs defenseman with some creativity and offensive capabilities. Hopefully this means less Stanton and Sbisa moving forward.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i have to like the trade overall even if there's a reasonable chance they lose. i just liked forsling. oh well

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
We weren't going to see Forsling for a couple years anyways. Seems like we got a more developed version of him in this trade.

The WJC probably didn't help Forsling's value for Benning. To be fair the whole team wasn't on their game when it mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad