Confirmed with Link: [CHI/VAN] Gustav Forsling traded for Adam Clendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
I don't think they're equal at all. Forsling was a solid PP quaterback, but I think Clendenning is better at moving the puck, and defensively. Clendenning also has very good offensive instincts.

They're pretty close. Same size. Pretty sure Clendening has been PPQB in Rockford. Chicago board would suggest that this is the case. They describe him as defensively among the weakest of their prospects but with a very high offensive ceiling.

Clendening is a righty though which suits us.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Hockey's future analysis.

"Clendening is an offensive defenseman blessed with superb puck-moving ability and on-ice vision. His excellent puck skills are one reason why many scouts are so high on Clendening. He can see plays develop and follows them quite well. He can also be found frequently jumping into plays too. Clendening's ability to move the puck and patience with it makes him an ideal quarterback on the power play. He makes very good decisions with the puck and distributes the puck very well. Clendening can also control the tempo of the game from the blue line. He is an excellent skater with good speed that can keep up with many of the faster opposing forwards. He also transitions quite well too. One area where Clendening will need to improve is keeping his feet moving more consistently. While he is known for his offensive prowess, Clendening is also solid defensively. He doesn't shy away from the physical side of the game and plays with a good deal of intensity. However, Clendening could stand to utilize his intensity and grit more to the benefit of his team. He possesses a very good shot and can get pucks to the net by taking quality chances."

Personally I think Benning just wanted to get a young Dman that was what we are looking for a quarterback, puck moving Dman but sooner. So he moved Forsling in exchange. I think we will see Clendening coming up next season. He is a AHL player so we can freely move him or maybe Benning wants to see him play a bit.

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Corrado
Stanton - Clendening

Did Bieksa get thrown off a cliff or something?
:sarcasm:

AirMinivan

Jul 3, 2009
Victoria, BC Canada
Progression-wise, Clendenning looks like an almost best-case scenario for what we'd have hoped Forsling would be at 22. Could be ready soon too.

Great looking deal.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Unfortunate that we traded the only prospect worth following from the 2014 draft after the second round.

Excited to see if Clendening can make an impact.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
This is the first Benning trade that I don't dislike. Alert the masses. :sarcasm:

Can't remember who but somebody was talking up Clendening in previous armchair gm threads. A young right side pmd is something the Canucks really needed. Would of rather of moved a comparable winger prospect but this could be interesting.

You're probably talking about me. Earlier in the season I was talking a lot about acquiring young offensive d-men who were stuck behind depth on other teams and I mentioned Clendening quite a few times.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
Hockey's future analysis.

"Clendening is an offensive defenseman blessed with superb puck-moving ability and on-ice vision. His excellent puck skills are one reason why many scouts are so high on Clendening. He can see plays develop and follows them quite well. He can also be found frequently jumping into plays too. Clendening's ability to move the puck and patience with it makes him an ideal quarterback on the power play. He makes very good decisions with the puck and distributes the puck very well. Clendening can also control the tempo of the game from the blue line. He is an excellent skater with good speed that can keep up with many of the faster opposing forwards. He also transitions quite well too. One area where Clendening will need to improve is keeping his feet moving more consistently. While he is known for his offensive prowess, Clendening is also solid defensively. He doesn't shy away from the physical side of the game and plays with a good deal of intensity. However, Clendening could stand to utilize his intensity and grit more to the benefit of his team. He possesses a very good shot and can get pucks to the net by taking quality chances."

Personally I think Benning just wanted to get a young Dman that was what we are looking for a quarterback, puck moving Dman but sooner. So he moved Forsling in exchange. I think we will see Clendening coming up next season. He is a AHL player so we can freely move him or maybe Benning wants to see him play a bit.

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Corrado
Stanton - Clendening

Oh god he and Kassian can form the 'HF keep your feet moving' club :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad