Confirmed with Link: [CHI/VAN] Gustav Forsling traded for Adam Clendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
From what I've read, the reason behind his stats dropping is because a lack of motivation because he realized Chicago has ridiculous depth on the right side and other prospects had passed him this year. That shouldn't be a problem here in Vancouver to say the least lol

Well, his top PPQB spot was taken by Brennan.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Obviously Clendening is the better player now, and possibly in the future as well...But I'd really like us to keep our prospects/picks, especially when they look to be a steal.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I really like this trade, but man, seriously **** the Hawks when a player like Clendenning is expendable. Rock solid AHL production and only 22 years old.

Only Canucks prospect who has had sort of AHL production is 25 year old Kevin Bieksa.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So it's becoming clear how benning want to build this team. He is trying to fill in the year gaps that we have in age groups, with players who have already been in development systems for awhile.

Linden Vey is another good example of this.
If they were such great pieces or showed true promise, they wouldn't be dumped off.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
A comparable would probably be Mike Green IMO. If he turns out anything like him, I'd be ecstatic. His point total is also similar to his at the AHL level.

Jun 15, 2014
If they were such great pieces or showed true promise, they wouldn't be dumped off.

This is the concerning part, we're getting the expendables from other teams. I liked Forsling but Clendening looks promising, nice stats in the A. His defensive work though??

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
fmz9LSv.png

Can I have a gold star for trying?

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
****, I really liked Forsling. Chicago probably scouted him as a promising prospect and sold high on Clendening.

2014 draft looks even worse now.

Or bought high on Forsling. You'd think if they wanted Forsling and were high on him they would have DRAFTED him.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Obviously Clendening is the better player now, and possibly in the future as well...But I'd really like us to keep our prospects/picks, especially when they look to be a steal.

Exactly.

Man, I don't think I would have survived if I was a Cleveland Cavaliers fan.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
His defensive work is a struggle. We have the player to shelter that though. We can't just have 10 point defensive dmen that aren't even great defensively.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Not gonna lie, I hate his name tho.

We need a nickname for him stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad