Confirmed with Link: [CHI/VAN] Gustav Forsling traded for Adam Clendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I posted a tweet earlier about "promising" young hawk players being moved.

Olsen, Pirri, Morin were all considered good prospects too

The Hayes' met the same fate (well, technically Kevin left himself because there was no room) and are doing just fine on their new teams.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Vey has already done more in 5 NHL games than all of those picks combined. :laugh:

looking back past raymond the last 2nd round pick before that to play was Artem Chubarov and then Harold Druken

Marc-Andre Bernier, Kirill Koltsov, Denis Grot, Ryan Bonni.

It's no wonder we trade second round picks.

m9

m9
Jan 23, 2010
End of the line for Weber, IMO. Wouldn't surprise me to see him on waivers tomorrow.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
End of the line for Weber, IMO. Wouldn't surprise me to see him on waivers tomorrow.

I really see Sbisa as the odd man out. Thinking ahead, Sbisa is not going to be worth his qualify offer.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Value is fine I guess, but I kind of disagree with the direction the team seems to be going. Swapping picks and 18 year olds for 22-23 year old AHL players that are coming up on waiver eligibility and that other teams aren't interested in developing any more reeks of impatience to me.

Given the Canucks current situation of entering a rebuild, I'd personally value younger assets over older ones. A guy like Clendening will be UFA age by the time the Canucks will likely have a shot at being dangerous again.

I like the skill set though. Much rather have him on the ice than a guy like Sbisa.

Yeah, kinda how I see it too.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Finally no complaints from me. It's good that Benning goes after guys like this but a recent 5th rounder is the type of value he should be paying. Forsling had a great WJC but let's face it he was always going to be a long shot to not just make the NHL but to even get as far as Clendening (a former 36th overall pick) has.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Vey has been vastly improving all year, and is showing his promise. Patience is needed. It's his first NHL season too.

And this fanbase wants a full rebuild...oh boy.

Not everyone want a full rebuild......getting players like Vey and Clendening is consider a fast retool if they succeed with us...in 2 or 3 year they will likely be able to contribute better and we could have some chance to be a threat again in a short period than say 5 years down the road

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I don't know much about Clendening, but this seems like a risky trade given his short waiver eligibility. I feel like Benning is buying lotto tickets as they players need to stick. (Adding Vey in the discussion) I also liked Forsling (who knows if he would have made it) and this seems like a trade that could really haunt you.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Decent move to get a guy in that age range in a role we need going forward. I like Forsling, but we basically trade him for what his potential is.

Weber for a pick is almost guaranteed now.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I don't know much about Clendening, but this seems like a risky trade given his short waiver eligibility. I feel like Benning is buying lotto tickets as they players need to stick. (Adding Vey in the discussion) I also liked Forsling (who knows if he would have made it) and this seems like a trade that could really haunt you.

If you liked Forsling, you'll like Clendening. Same type of player.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
looking back past raymond the last 2nd round pick before that to play was Artem Chubarov and then Harold Druken

Marc-Andre Bernier, Kirill Koltsov, Denis Grot, Ryan Bonni.

It's no wonder we trade second round picks.

Or another way to look at it is that it's no wonder they haven't picked anyone worthwhile in the 2nd round given that they've traded away half of them over the last decade and a half.

Compare that to a team like Chicago who has had almost twice as many 2nd rounders as they started out with and unsurprisingly they've picked up Keith, Crawford, Bolland, and Saad from there. Chicago has had as many 2nd round picks since 2010 as Vancouver has had since 2002.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
They seem to like Sbisa as a PK option and with Bieksa out he'll be on of the main for infront of the others.

We'll see, I guess. I think Benning probably holds onto him just because he was in the deal for Kesler.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
The value is fine, Clendening lead Rockford in scoring as a defenseman last season and is where Tanev was in 2011/12.

If he can be properly developed, we may have something here.

With that said, I really liked Forsling and see a higher ceiling with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad