Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I think he’s been good going by eye balls

Love guys who play close to the net

The last homestand he’s been involved in prime chances

Eye test and possession metrics he's been great... just hasn't been able to bury anything. He will settle down soon. Once the first one goes in I think he will go on a little tear and I expect that to all happen once we are healthy and he has at least one better winger.

Reactions: StrBender and DKH

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
As far as points go, I'd expect him to start getting some once the healthy bodies return to the lineup. One of Pasta/Johansson/Heinen will drop down to his line giving him a legitimate offensive threat.
The big thing for me watching him, is that he's both physically into the game in the offensive end, and always around the puck. The Bruins have had either physical (Kuraly and Frederic) or offensive (JFK) in that role this year but they didn't have someone with both.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Again, if teammates hit quite literal wide open nets nobody is talking about the trade other than to say how good it was

His line has been dominating the puck and they don’t need to be sheltered. That’s all that matters to me. Time will give them points, its an inevitability when you own the puck like they have. Some skill on his wings would DEFINITELY give them points

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Again, if teammates hit quite literal wide open nets nobody is talking about the trade other than to say how good it was

His line has been dominating the puck and they don’t need to be sheltered. That’s all that matters to me. Time will give them points, its an inevitability when you own the puck like they have. Some skill on his wings would DEFINITELY give them points

yep, that line was often buried on the bench as Butch just couldn`t trust it enough to put out prior to Coyle`s arrival, not the case now. Love to see him pop one, he`s well deserving

Reactions: CDJ

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Couple of observations since he's joined the team..

I think Sweeney/Management is right in that he is for sure best as a center. Great at getting to pucks and distributing them back to where they need to go.

He doesn't seem to be a natural shooter and would seem to rather beat the goalie 1-on-1 than with a well placed shot. I'm sure his shot is fine it just doesn't seem like a first instinct for him.

Winning over 50% of his face-offs since coming to Boston is a pleasant surprise since it wasn't advertised as a strength in his game from most of the content I could find on him.

Overall I like the addition and he's shown that even when he isn't producing points he can be a valuable part of stretching out the lineup. Would like to get some more natural shooters around him to get more out of his puck possession and playmaking. This cold slump offensively started well before he was a Bruin so some patience might be necessary before he starts lighting it up.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Fully healthy they should give him Jake. Coyle won’t start producing on his own. He desperately needs someone who is willing and able to shoot

BruinsNetwork

Didn’t think he was that bad tonight, actually. Thought Cehlarik was terrible, though.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Didn’t think he was that bad tonight, actually. Thought Cehlarik was terrible, though.

I agree somewhat. Coyle will always be a casualty of his linemates, for better or worse. He isn't actively hurting the team and that is a plus.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Whatever dude, keep rooting against Bruins players for your own agenda.

Fans: Coyle should be putting up some points and contributing more offense

You: stay in your lane his possession numbers are great

Coach: benched him, you know, for not producing, possession numbers aside

You: he was fine, shouldn’t have been benched.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Fans: Coyle should be putting up some points and contributing more offense

You: stay in your lane his possession numbers are great

Coach: benched him, you know, for not producing, possession numbers aside

You: he was fine, shouldn’t have been benched.

Coyle himself probably shouldn't have been. But he shouldn't have replaced any of the other 3 as they were playing well enough. His line as a whole wasn't good. He himself, was fine.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad