Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah, I don't buy this crap. People who think it's easy to play with these two are judging it from their couch. It's not easy to play with them. You have to be a smart player. You have to have skill. You're basically implying that if Noel Acciari was on their RW, he'd produce points. I don't see it.

The rest of this is just a jumbled mess.
Are you saying Noel Acari wouldn’t get more
Points than he does now ?

Reactions: TCB

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Mark Stone has 2a in 5 games played in Vegas.

Yep, but that line is outright dominant. Stone is a bonifide stud and worth his cost.

Coyle has played fine. Points will come, but he isn’t a huge difference maker. The biggest gain is going from an AHLer to an NHL 3rd line C.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Yep, but that line is outright dominant. Stone is a bonifide stud and worth his cost.

Coyle has played fine. Points will come, but he isn’t a huge difference maker. The biggest gain is going from an AHLer to an NHL 3rd line C.

And Coyle isn't making $10 million as a 2nd line RW

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
And Coyle isn't making $10 million as a 2nd line RW

1st line RW.

Pacioretty-Statsny-Stone is the best line in Vegas. Worst case you have 2 1st lines, the horror. I would rather dump 10 million into a stone than a 3 million into a Coyle.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Once he gets on the board I expect the points to start coming a little easier. I think he's mildly stressed at the moment with getting dealt at the deadline to his hometown team no less. Let's put the pitchforks away. Even without points his presence on the 3rd line has made this team much better.

There is no question he's turned that third line around, instead of being constantly trapped in their own end they're actually generating scoring chances now. He's getting better on faceoffs too.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Don't think there's any reason to expect him to be a points producer in Boston. He's a useful piece of the puzzle, but unless there are injuries he's going to be a third line center that they can lean on. In Minnesota they had him pegged in a top six role and he only cracked 20 goals once. Cant imagine he'd top his numbers there while playing a reduced offensive role here.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
1st line RW.

Pacioretty-Statsny-Stone is the best line in Vegas. Worst case you have 2 1st lines, the horror. I would rather dump 10 million into a stone than a 3 million into a Coyle.

Yeah it was a joke, we all know Mark Stone isn't a 2nd liner. Especially not for that $$

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

I’m certainly not comparing the two. Stone is the better player by far. But he costs 3x more than Coyle, and the cost to acquire was more.

My point is let’s not jump to conclusions based on a handful of games. Stone is on a line with Statsny and Pacioretty and he’s only managed 2 assists.

Coyle gives the Bruins a stable 3rd line. And I’m guessing once Pastrnak returns, the forwards will slot accordingly, giving Coyle some talent to gel with.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Your response is not interesting or funny.
Acciari scored 10 last season while playing with no one of any substantive offensive ability, so just apologize and be done with it.
Ok i apoligize sincerely....i was wrong but it was last year and don't change the fact that Noel is not an NHL caliber player he is just terrible ...but until Bruins win...it is ok...it is a kind of humanitary action to let him play

Reactions: Don Cherry

BruinsNetwork

Isn’t “going from an AHLer to an NHL 3rd line C” actually a huge difference maker then?

Coyle is good for 40-45PTS per-season when he’s on his game and solidified in a role, IMO. He’s been playing very well since he’s been acquired and has actually made some nice plays. He’s definitely what this team needed. Once Pastrnak is back, I expect Heinen to be slotted next to Coyle at 3LW, which should really help the team.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ok i apoligize sincerely....i was wrong but it was last year and don't change the fact that Noel is not an NHL caliber player he is just terrible ...but until Bruins win...it is ok...it is a kind of humanitary action to let him play
You are dead wrong about Acciari.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Isn’t “going from an AHLer to an NHL 3rd line C” actually a huge difference maker then?

Coyle is good for 40-45PTS per-season when he’s on his game and solidified in a role, IMO. He’s been playing very well since he’s been acquired and has actually made some nice plays. He’s definitely what this team needed. Once Pastrnak is back, I expect Heinen to be slotted next to Coyle at 3LW, which should really help the team.

Yes, but I think it's more of an indictment of just how bad Trent Frederic was out there. Production wise I'm not expecting pretty much anything until he gets at least one capable winger.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think CC is giving a good effort. But he can’;t seem to get on the score sheet. He’s played what, seven games since the trade?
I’m sure Bruce will be patient with him, transitioning from another system.

Donato appears to be adjusting to the Wild program. Hopefully Coyle can dial it up and make this at least an even swap.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I think CC is giving a good effort. But he can’;t seem to get on the score sheet. He’s played what, seven games since the trade?

Donato appears to be adjusting to the Wild program. Hopefully Coyle can dial it up and make this at least an even swap.
It has only been 5 games so far which is crazy considering how long ago that trade felt.

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009

It's not just about points with this guy. We had a black hole, total liability of a 3rd line prior to the TDL. I can't watch every game, but Coyle's line has jumped out at my eyeballs because of their ability to control the puck and maintain a threat, and keep the play in the offensive zone. That is huge. Getting more O zone time, resulting in O zone faceoffs, that's a big contribution from a more solidified 3rd line, points or no points. Hockey is a team sport, guys.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Coyle's still been looking good, even despite the lack of production. His cycle game is terrific and he generates tons of chances just by being extremely hard on the puck. His line had a great grinding shift with about five minutes left last night where they generated a few chances and completely wore down Florida's D, which eventually lead to a penalty. He's even making Backes look effective now, I think their play styles complement one another. Once the wingers come back and he gets Heinen (or whoever) on his left, that line will start chipping in some goals.

Reactions: BMC and Flannelman

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
were we not complaining about the same thing with DK for the last few years ? CC is playing with scrubs , guys with 0 offencive instinct at this point

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Coyle still needs to get better. He is in a major slump. Last registered point was Feb. 5th.
6 games with the Bruins and Zero points. Has only put 8 shots on net.
He may be struggling to adjusting to this new team system. We can blame his linemates, but at some point he needs to start showing his worth. A Good player make others around you better players.
Hope he isn't another Jimmy Hayes.
Donato on a tear with Minnesota.
8 games- 9 points and has had 20 shot son net.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Coyle still needs to get better. He is in a major slump. Last registered point was Feb. 5th.
He may be struggling to adjusting to this new team system. We can blame his linemates, but at some point he needs to start showing his worth. A Good player make others around you better players.

Bruins fans are so lazy.... He's not even close to Jimmy Hayes, so why are you hoping he's not another?

Reactions: kjpm and Chief Nine

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

It's all about the playoffs at this point. The trade is clearly an L long term but if Coyle can be a hero in April May and June it will go down as a great trade

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
He reminds me of Carl Soderberg without the offensive acumen or the radar. Everyone hates me opinion but I’ve always felt Coyle was a JAG with no real upside since his first couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad