Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good thing he isn’t a top 6 player then

I think he’s fine. Nobody is talking about him if his teammates hit wide open nets. He drives possession really well and is good at using his size. Thought he missed a play or two tonight but again we aren’t counting on him to do anything but make that line playable, which it has been since he’s joined the team. They drive possession really well. Levies will break eventually.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Was hoping he’d be a few ticks ahead of what Riley Nash did in this role a year ago but isn’t yet.

I like the player. Good skating, possession skills....big body.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Charlie Coyle is struggling. Hasn't recorded a point in over a month. Ouch.........
We can all say that he is what we needed...third line center....big body..... possession skills....
but the fact is that he is struggling. A player making 3.2 million should be better.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Charlie Coyle is struggling. Hasn't recorded a point in over a month. Ouch.........
We can all say that he is what we needed...third line center....big body..... possession skills....
but the fact is that he is struggling. A player making 3.2 million should be better.

Tough to score many points with those line mates. Heinen is a perfect example, moves up to line one and looks like a different player. Coyle has been good and makes line 3 way better than it was but they won't score much with Backes and Cehlarik/Nordstrom playing wing. I think when Pastrnak gets back we will see this change as line 3 will get stronger with one of Heinen or Johansson (hoping he's ok) drops to the 3rd line.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
He hasn’t been good. He’s been okay with the puck in the O zone and on the draws but other than that he has been abysmal.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
He don't play bad but don't produce
He is what he is...bah.....
Atkeadt jfk gave bruins some points time to time
It is early let's see next but we need to have very low expectation from this very ordinary player

Reactions: veganbruin

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Shocked at the high tolerance for this player after last year's Rick Nash abuse.

He's not coming in with Rick Nash's body of work or the expectations. He is what he is, a solid bottom 6 forward which I think everyone is aware of. I think once he breaks the ice he'll be fine

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I wasn't a fan of what the Bs gave up to get him.

But I'm being patient with him. Simply because of who his line mates are right now and what they've done to other players production this season.

Once the team gets healthy and he gets some competent line mates then Ill start expecting more. He's getting some chances and producing some as well. He had a couple turnovers last night that were ugly but so did others on the team. That was a wacky game all around.

Reactions: veganbruin

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
You can see that he has skills. But for every good play he makes, he seems to make a bad one.

I think he can be a lot better with a better supporting cast. He is not the type of player that is going to prop up other less skilled guys.

I am not outright suggesting this happens, but it’d be interesting to see what would happen if he was up with Marchand and Bergy, instead of Heinen. People are pretty high on Heinen since he was bumped to that spot, but I truly do wonder if pretty much any guy with even a moderate level of NHL talent can look “great” in that role. My guess is yes.

Edit: The other thing about this is I don’t care at all about losing Donato and the later pick. I did not like his game and didn’t see where he would slot in going forward. Not reliable enough to play top line minutes, yet not at all built for bottom 2 lines.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think Coyle with Marchand and Bergeron would work really well together. Marchand and Bergeron like to cycle and Coyle has shown he's very effective at it. I know he's pointless thus far, but he's shown that he has some offense and giving him two players like Marchand and Bergeron would probably get more points out of him.

However, then you're back to having a massive hole on the 3rd line with no real center there. Say what you want about Coyle and his lack of production, but he's been good there. He's finally given the Bruins a legit #3 center.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He works hard ,controls the puck well,goes for the net,all good things,but seems to have Stone hands when he gets there,just My observations so far .Jury is still out for me if he can become a goal scorer,although his career numbers definitely don’t show that he is one.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I've really liked his play. I feel the third line does some work now in the offensive zone and gets quality chances. His zone entries are good as advertised and his faceoffs have bee been better than his time in Minnesota. I wish he was more aggressive with the body, but we knew that just isn't his game coming in.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I've really liked his play. I feel the third line does some work now in the offensive zone and gets quality chances. His zone entries are good as advertised and his faceoffs have bee been better than his time in Minnesota. I wish he was more aggressive with the body, but we knew that just isn't his game coming in.

he's a lot better than anyone we have had this season at C with possession and O zone time. He should score more soon

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The points will come, it’s just a formality at this point. You don’t have those kind of possession numbers without scoring for very long, idc if he was TENKRAT and mowers on his wings

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No line with Backes on it is scoring.

I'm convinced Marchand and Bergeron wouldn't even be able to score if 42 was on their line.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I don't understand what people expect from this guy. He has stabilized the third line. He has stabilized the possession of the puck that line had. He has come as advertised. And stop with the JFK, kid is hurt again, and he wasn't really ready for prime time, he wasn't going to play in the playoffs.
Frederic isn't ready yet, needs experience. Ask anyone in Minny, Coyle is a guy who will always leave you wanting more. That is just who he is. The B's knew what they were getting and he serves a purpose for them. He's young, experienced and big. There is a high percentage chance that Minny wins this deal in the long run, no doubt. But that's how this works. Pay with a prospect to get help now.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
And even with the costly addition of Coyle it still is. Bad sign for a deep run.

Seventeen game point streak and you come with this misery. Enjoy the freakin' ride! The only bad sign for a deep run is that they have to play the best team in the league in Round 2 should they get past the fourth best team. Should we not watch the games because of that?

Little known fact - it's really hard to be the best out of 31 teams. Enjoy the ride!!!

Reactions: Chief Nine

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
let`s all breath a touch, Pevs came in and played , I think 22/23 games, posted an underwhelming 7 pts but you could tell, by the time the playoffs were starting, he was looking more comfortable as was Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad