Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Heinen - Coyle - Backes will be a very good playoff line.

What exactly is the logic for putting heinen on the fourth line. The Marchand-bergy-heinen line has been statistically the best line for the bruins this year with 4.6 GF/60 and a ridiculously low 0.5 GA/60.

For comparison Marchand-bergy-pasta are at 3.5 GF/60 and 3.2 GA/60.

I would like to see this:

Marchand-bergy-heinen
Debrusk-krejci-Pasta
Johansson-coyle-cehlarik
Wagner-kuraly-acciari

This also Johansson play his natural left side and makes the 3rd line more balances with a playmaker. Also not a huge fan of cehlarik but what we have seen from him in his short stint has been more impressive than what backes has done all year.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What exactly is the logic for putting heinen on the fourth line. The Marchand-bergy-heinen line has been statistically the best line for the bruins this year with 4.6 GF/60 and a ridiculously low 0.5 GA/60.

Marchand-bergy-heinen
Debrusk-krejci-Pasta
Johansson-coyle-cehlarik
Wagner-kuraly-acciari

This also Johansson play his natural left side and makes the 3rd line more balances with a playmaker. Also not a huge fan of cehlarik but what we have seen from him in his short stint has been more impressive than what backes has done all year.

This is a good post. Pasta is an all-world offensive talent, but Heinen is a much better defensive player, thus the GA with him on that 1st line.

Reactions: HustleB

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Marchand-bergy-heinen
Debrusk-krejci-Pasta
Johansson-coyle-cehlarik
Wagner-kuraly-acciari

I like the look of that lineup. Heinen fits like a glove on that 1st line. This gives them solid and balanced 2nd and 3rd lines

Reactions: HustleB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In the playoffs though I'd rather Pasta on the top line. They are going to need their best goal score getting as many chances as possible

That line killed Toronto. To not go with them to start would be terrible coaching,

Exactly, I don't care about blah blah blah per 60, when Pastrnak is healthy you reunite him with Marchand ASAP. Heinen got his confidence back, put him with Coyle and try to squeeze some offense out of that "3rd line" (I don't even know what to call them anymore).

Fact is, Cassidy is NOT about to demote Pastrnak to the 3rd line with Coyle. It's not happening, so folks need to drop that silly unrealistic idea.

But this team needs to find some offense out of that line to have any chance. This team is on a 16-game point streak since the all-star break, which is incredible. It also speaks to how good defensively this team actually is, because during that stretch, whatever combo of Nordstrom-Coyle/Frederic-Backes has produced ZERO points during that stretch. Think about that. 16 games = ZERO points.

Joakim Nordstrom's last NHL point was on Dec. 17th (granted he missed some time with injuries).

David Backes had a PP assist on Feb. 18, his last 5 on 5 point was against the Blues on Jan. 17 (pre-points-streak) when the puck hit him as he was falling down.

Fredric posted nothing during his 11-game stint. Coyle is posting zeroes as a Bruin so far.

The only one whose appeared on the 3rd line that has any points during this 16-game streak is Cehlarik, and not surprisingly, he's the one with the weakest grip on a line-up spot. Cause you know, who gives a &^%$^^ about offensive production as long as you are "defensively sound" and play a vaunted "200 ft game".

Even Kuhlman would look better IMO on that 3rd line with say Heinen and Coyle than offensive black-holes like Backes and Nordstrom.

This team is playing incredible defensive hockey. But this team has absolutely no chance in h-e-double hockey sticks of any playoff success with one of four lines posting ZEROES across the board game after game.

Let that sink in.

Reactions: KrejciMVP and Silva

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kuhlman on the 3rd line? Ha ha ha oh how far youve come ;)

Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman is very defensively sound, that’s for sure

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I wouldn't mind seeing Coyle at RW with Krejci or Bergeron for a couple games, just to see if it clicks. Johansson could try a couple games at 3C.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Good test for the Bruins, This game is a keep your head up or end up on your ass game tonight.

Im surprised how Nordy is playing, in a good way

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I hope no one is suggesting that Coyle is great, because he isn't. He struggles to make plays, has no finishing touch, and is prone to brain cramps like giving the puck away in front of his own net tonight. You can see why he has been considered a disappointment and a tease. He does have some good puck protection abilities which make him an asset on the third line. As a top 6 player, he is meh. I'd say Heinen is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad