Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Puck possession and eyeball tests are the new bar I guess.

You know how informed people knew Bergeron was a stud 1C when he was still putting 50-60 point seasons? Puck possession numbers and eyeball test. Surely you are not one of those Penguins fans who thinks that Kunitz is better than Bergeron because of points?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You know how informed people knew Bergeron was a stud 1C when he was still putting 50-60 point seasons? Puck possession numbers and eyeball test. Surely you are not one of those Penguins fans who thinks that Kunitz is better than Bergeron because of points?

Coyle is not Bergeron and his "puck possession" doesnt mean hes anything like Bergeron

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
agree - will wear down the other team and heinen gives it a little more skill. we saw what heinen and backes
did with riley nash last year, and coyle is a major upgrade on nash. 4 pretty damn good lines.
Heinen gives him only a "little more skill"? He gives him more than that, I actually have liked Backes game over the last 2-3 more, having Nordy on the wing was the problem, thought Cehlarik would help but he looked horrific out there, need Pasta back, move Danton down and I think he and Coyle can work some chemistry together

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well 11 games without a point for Coyle is not a good sign. His longest pointless streak of the year. He went 7 games in January without a point as well. So this looks like more than just the players he is playing with. Have to wonder why Minnesota were shopping him with term on his contract. Hoping he gets on the scoresheet something soon.

Reactions: veganbruin

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Most goals in the NHL come from some sort of puck possession. They still need him to create chances and produce offense

Coyle's played what, 3 games? It is going to take some time to develop chemistry with his linemates and I think that will come, that line is already generating scoring chances they just haven't gone in

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Well 11 games without a point for Coyle is not a good sign. His longest pointless streak of the year. He went 7 games in January without a point as well. So this looks like more than just the players he is playing with. Have to wonder why Minnesota were shopping him with term on his contract. Hoping he gets on the scoresheet something soon.

The chances are there.... the puck is not buried though

Backes alone has had 4 chances to score.... so you wonder if a different player was on the line at least a few of those would have gone in already

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

It’s kind of his MO. I’m not sure he’s going to be putting up many points for this team regularly.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
As long as the team is winning I don't care about "production." People make such a big deal of it. It is only a problem if the team is not winning. If they are, then they are getting enough production regardless of where it comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad