Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I’ve been a Leafs fan for 24 years now and I don’t get how people can delude themselves like that year after year. Yea, this is the year, sure thing! I am already getting sick of this franchise, I don’t understand how people have held on for 40, 50 years lol. Good for them , i guess, waiving the pom poms blindly like this.

I've held on for 50 years (50+ actually) and there has been only 1 year I thought we would actually win our division and actually go to the finals and that was the 2020-21. Half of that prediction came true. Pom Poms - sure, but not blindly.

Predictions? Please, no one knows shit, including myself. They only thing I know is that I know nothing

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Speaking of small samples

Korpisalo let in 0 goals last night (30 minutes against Ahlers).

Bruins #1

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Sabres have a real head coach with experience. They could actually make it this year. I know you have heard this before, but their last real head coach was Bylsma. This team is going to have much more consistency.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I actually do think Ottawa is the most interesting team in the division this year. So much rests on Ullmark. Was Bostons tight defensive system juicing his numbers? Are Ottawas skaters lack of defensive acumen enough to sink him? It's a fascinating situation, coming from literally the most stable good defensive system to a team that goalies always seem to struggle in. Were they all bad goalies? I'm just interested to see it play out and draw hasty conclusions

I'm pretty sure Toronto, Florida and Boston will make the playoffs. Probably Tampa too. Boring Occams Razor there.
I have Florida and Toronto as locks. Toronto is interesting to me as a whole because it took a decade but they finally seem to have addressed their defense. The issue is that they got old dmen so do Tanev and OEL hold up. Hakanpaa seems to already be half broken.

Boston really depends on when swayman signs. Korpisolo will do better than he did last year in boston but not by much imo. Boston is a team that relies on their defense and goaltending to win so that is a huge red flag.

I expect ullmarks numbers to go down in Ottawa, but his actual numbers really depends if the the sens bottom 6, jensen, and bottom pairing can be competent defensively. Ideally the whole team is competent defensively but they at least make a positive impact somewhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad