Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He and Cehlarik had some nice rushes together first period / Cassidy at 0ne point rewarded the line with some extra time...I turned the game off after the first period so not sure wtf happened to that line thereafter. Couldn't have been good.

I agree with another poster. It appears anyone paired with Backes can't get anything going....We saw this with Nordstrom, Heinen, Donato, Krejci, Pasta, now it's Coyle and Cehlarik.

There's plenty of evidence to say Backes is a problem on this team. With every game you can see it. Going to be interesting to see if Backes plays when everyone is back healthy. He's not going to disrupt that 4th line. No way!
Bingo! Backes needs to sit. It's great and all that he's willing to fight and gives fans a feel good moment every 20 games or so, but after seeing Coyle and Cehlarik build some good things last night, only to be bogged down by Backes, it's painfully obvious that he is holding the third line back. Backes has not worked out on any line he has been on, has not developed chemistry with any line, and has not produced at an acceptable rate per minutes played for a guy who is not out there as an energy guy to play D. Third line when the team is healthy needs to be Cehlarik-Coyle-Heinen, period! Top 6 is pretty much settled when all are healthy. Fourth line is going to stay the same. Nordstrom and Backes need to be scratches.

Reactions: Skelen and Blowfish

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well it is starting to look like JFK or Frederik we’re okay 3rd line Center options as well. Can’t always blame the other line mates.
Charlie Coyle needs to step up. It’s over a month now since he has registered a single point while with Minnesota players and now seven games with Bruin players.
Wagner hasn’t played with the best line mates either and he is making a major impact.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kuraly is a hell of a lot better than anything Coyle has gotten. And that’s saying something. Because while I like Kuraly he isn’t a terribly gifted player

Coyle has had Backes (who has looked competent tbh, just not much in the way of skills anymore) and then a rotating player who just isn’t good

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
No question Donato has better hands and is more creative than Coyle. The hope is Coyle, with his size and defensive responsibility, is better suited for the playoff grind.

Reactions: Blowfish

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I still like the trade. Coyle is a proven producer at the NHL level. He is a better option than anyone else we have. He is here to plug a hole, not carry the team.
Like to see another Boston product get a shot. Paul Carey has been playing consistently productive hockey for Providence. He has NHL experience and may be able not add some scoring to that line.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Like to see another Boston product get a shot. Paul Carey has been playing consistently productive hockey for Providence. He has NHL experience and may be able not add some scoring to that line.

He has proven time and time again that he can't produce at the NHL level. But at this point I'm willing to try anything.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
He has proven time and time again that he can't produce at the NHL level. But at this point I'm willing to try anything.
Yea, not sold on him for the solution to the third line dilemma. But it might be a good idea to help CC adjust to the system and take a breather.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
went through coyles game logs in previous seasons... scoreless streaks longer than 5 games are very unusual but there was 1 or 2 in the past. his production is well known to always leave people expecting more. thats the entire book on coyle. but... despite this... the experts keep expecting more. the truth is, coyle has skill. hockey evaluators see the skill... see the way coyle can have moments of brilliance.

hes on an unprecedented slump streak offensively at the moment... thats unfortunate for first impressions of some b fans. but even when hes not scoring, hes still a quality nhl player. the question becomes why isnt he scoring? does he suffer some nagging injury we are not privy too? is something in his personal life troubling him? is it simply bad linemate/chemistry and adjusting to the new team?

at his worst... hes still a guy im ok with running out there on a 3rd line. his point total will average out. dumb luck if nothing else will get him on the board and then the points will trickle in. this is a guy with a good career behind him. we know he will score some points.

the trade is done with a hope he can be better. we want to see him fulfill his potential. we want him to be a second coming of mike Knuble or brian rolston where he actually improves his offense in his late 20s and early 30s

I dont necessarily have the answers... although most the people who saw him say hes more of a winger than a center. I think I would play him at wing. too bad Johansson got hurt because he was a center coming up. if Johansson was healthy the solution is pretty easy... put coyle at wing and slot Johansson into center

coyle might not be ideally suited at center... but maybe we suffer through him this year. hes a better option then the other options. this year. and next year? we promote a kid and stick coyle on wing to 'help' the kid adjust to nhl.

there is value next year... having coyle around to play with federic or studnicka perhaps?

this trade doesnt need to be judged after 2 weeks... coyle is here for at least next season on top of this remainder.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Well it is starting to look like JFK or Frederik we’re okay 3rd line Center options as well. Can’t always blame the other line mates.
Charlie Coyle needs to step up. It’s over a month now since he has registered a single point while with Minnesota players and now seven games with Bruin players.
Wagner hasn’t played with the best line mates either and he is making a major impact.
Yes JFK and Fredrick were ok at third line Center compared to Coyle, if all you are looking at is stats, fortunately the Bs management didn’t take that route and upgraded by adding Coyle.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Well, the team is winning despite his lack of production. It’s disappointing as we were led to believe he’d bring more. I hope he can get his act together as the team has a challenging road trip ahead and the BJs at home.

He seems to have the skill, skating acumen and size to be successful. If he hits the accelerator for the final games and the playoffs the trade will look a lot better.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Somehow I still have no problem with his lack of production. He has made Backes look so much better since he arrived. The line might not be scoring much but they’re having a hell of a lot more offensive zone time than they did before

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I guess

He has been stuck with Backes since day 1

Backes has helped produce zero points for Frederic, JFK, Kuraly .... or just a few.

Is this fair?

Cehlarik Krejci Coyle
Heinen Krejci Coyle
Cehlarik Coyle Heinen

Would produce points... for sure

Good point, Backes does seem to be where offence goes to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad