CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
"The roster of replay officials has been reduced..."

Ok so there's the key point, nicely tucked away near the bottom. They fired some people, and for all we know it was the same one or two that could have been responsible for the bulk of the bad reviews. Hopefully that solves the issues; they've been bad even by their own already low standards

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
"The roster of replay officials has been reduced..."

Ok so there's the key point, nicely tucked away near the bottom. They fired some people, and for all we know it was the same one or two that could have been responsible for the bulk of the bad reviews. Hopefully that solves the issues; they've been bad even by their own already low standards

They've probably blown more calls in this first half of the season alone than they did in the previous combined history of the command center. They've just been awful. I don't like seeing people lose their jobs, but if I was as bad at my job as they are at theirs's, I'd fully expect to be let go as well.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I haven’t heard any negative comments about it not being community owned, only relief that the BOD is finally put out to pasture. Nothing can be as bad as what we endured. That is rock bottom.
That large sigh of relief is from the entirety of the CFL.

Flipping a coin.
Maybe the were borrowing the NHLs Wheel of Justice since it was off season and it was just sitting idle.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
The command center has surprisingly gotten it mostly right so far tonight, but the on field officiating has been pretty bad.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Riders lose. Another late game inability to sustain a lead. Defense with a hell of a game. The issue is dink and dunk QBing that doesn't string together late drives to chew up time and add points. Happy to Lauther have a perfect day.

Toronto reward their 2000 fans with a home W. Not even Travelling Wilbury Riders fans can dress up that empty stadium.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Losing to a missed field goal is so lame.
What a stupid rule, I think a punt through the end zone could be fine but not a missed field goal. Imagine if that hit the upright and it had to go to OT!

I don't mind a Rouge if the ball bounce in the end zone and then out or if the ball is returnable and isn't but the ball sailing out of bounds with no chance , yes , it's dumb.
That's an interesting take too.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
I don't mind a Rouge if the ball bounce in the end zone and then out or if the ball is returnable and isn't but the ball sailing out of bounds with no chance , yes , it's dumb.
That's what I thought the NFL should do instead of that weird crap they have going on. If a kick goes through the end zone without hitting the ground a point should be awarded to the receiving team, if it bounces in the end zone and isn't returned out of the end zone the kicking team would get a point. I guess the NFL was more worried about player safety than boring kick-offs though.

there's literally no point in aiming for the middle of the goalposts and risking a dead ball if it hit the post
just boot it out of the endzone

and this:
Why should the 3:00 warning make a difference?

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
there's literally no point in aiming for the middle of the goalposts and risking a dead ball if it hit the post
just boot it out of the endzone

and this:
....Or just punt it out of the stadium. That'd be hilarious to see a team win that way.
TSN predicted that the Rouge would go viral again. Of course Americans have always hated on the Rouge. Imagine the NFL with the Rouge. There'd be fights in the stands if a team won that way... :laugh:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know why you wouldn't punt anyway in that situation. What happens you hit the upright and it bounces back? Just punt it as a far as you can and call it a day.

Reactions: timekeep

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
....Or just punt it out of the stadium. That'd be hilarious to see a team win that way.
TSN predicted that the Rouge would go viral again. Of course Americans have always hated on the Rouge. Imagine the NFL with the Rouge. There'd be fights in the stands if a team won that way... :laugh:
Comments are hilarious :laugh: I can tell most of them have never watched CFL but I get where they’re coming from

• Haha
Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad