CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022
The more TD's the team scores, the more footballs likely get chucked into the crowd.:D

After the guy behind me was constantly ringing that stupid cowbell in my ears all game, I hate those things. As for "atmosphere", they do nothing for me but give me a f***ing headache. Same with airhorns.
I assume you asked him to STFU?

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Which studies? I’m sorry, but pretending that the name change had no impact on attendance or fan engagement is just as, if not more absurd as saying that the name is the entire reason attendance dropped. Logically it would make sense to target these fans to bring back as they will be easiest to re-engage.

Last game was the first I’ve been to over the last two years, but there was a significant amount of time that the foam footballs stopped, so I’m not “full of it.” I’m one of the people you think don’t exist that disengaged a lot after the name change, but for years prior they stopped throwing them. Remember it being discussed as something exciting to bring back during one of the recent CEO deck chair shuffles.

I can't find what I was reading when I posted that, but this conveys what I meant: Boycotts: 'The dustbin of outrage'. Basically most people talk a big game but usually fold after a bit of time and increasing distractions.

I disagree still. I think that if the team was succeeding on field that the attendance numbers would be not nearly as low as they were, but I'll settle with agreeing to disagree.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And here I thought people weren’t going cause of the Elk/Esk issue.
Odd.
I think the reasons the attendance is up is due to

- some winning football games
- getting a chance to finally see Ford at the controls, as well as getting rid of Jones
- excitement over the new owner and wanting to support him and his vision for the organization, as well as getting rid of the people who have led them into this mess (BDO)
- the distinct possibility of a change in name/branding which has been supported by strong rumours from multiple sources, and even cryptically hinted at by LT at the news conference. Sales of Elks jerseys for half price and other newer forms saying only EE or Edmonton have created some smoke. IMO, people are responding to potential change and hope for the future.

Pricks. If straightforwardness doesn't work, that is when you have to turn into a woman and use passiveness to your advantage. I would have stood up the whole time.
I could have used "The Champ" style of persuasion, but not sure that would have been a good look.:D

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I think the reasons the attendance is up is due to

- some winning football games
- getting a chance to finally see Ford at the controls, as well as getting rid of Jones
- excitement over the new owner and wanting to support him and his vision for the organization, as well as getting rid of the people who have led them into this mess (BDO)
- the distinct possibility of a change in name/branding which has been supported by strong rumours from multiple sources, and even cryptically hinted at by LT at the news conference. Sales of Elks jerseys for half price and other newer forms saying only EE or Edmonton have created some smoke. IMO, people are responding to potential change and hope for the future.

I could have used "The Champ" style of persuasion, but not sure that would have been a good look.:D
Where are you seeing jerseys for half price? The only ones I see on sale on the team website are the old pre-Elks ones.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
They will always be the Eskimos to me and with the way the (w*k*) BS is now starting to die, I would not be surprised if we do not see the Eskimo's name back in 5 years or less. The one damn thing I know for sure is that I will never step foot into another Boston pizza again, let them have the (W*k*) fans. , I want to watch the games with the blue-collar /white-collar true fans eating gut rot 7/11 pizza

Reactions: Stoneman89

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Heavy Dee's post # 3020.

All Elks gear half price on the website. Jerseys now say Edmonton instead of Elks. Signage at CW says Edmonton...
Looks like they're doing what they do every year and put stuff on sale when they are down to limited, non popular sizes, mostly smalls. So just a few items on sale.
Old pre-Elks jerseys only too.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
They will always be the Eskimos to me and with the way the (w*k*) BS is now starting to die, I would not be surprised if we do not see the Eskimo's name back in 5 years or less. The one damn thing I know for sure is that I will never step foot into another Boston pizza again, let them have the (W*k*) fans. , I want to watch the games with the blue-collar /white-collar true fans eating gut rot 7/11 pizza
I got a whole bunch of the BP $25 off vouchers when buying the Oilers 50/50's last year, and didn't use one of them, no desire to help out that business. For me it was bad enough that they held the team hostage over the name change, but it was worse when they dropped their sponsorship anyhow after they got their way.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Not sure if true, but heard the old one with the antlers was spotted at Clarke Stadium. Seems like a slow re rebrand.
Yup, LT is being slow and assertive with this. Almost sneaky like. Soon, people can put away their antlers they got with the Grinch second hand sales.

If it's Garth, they better be prepared to have it ready for about a dozen shows.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I got a whole bunch of the BP $25 off vouchers when buying the Oilers 50/50's last year, and didn't use one of them, no desire to help out that business. For me it was bad enough that they held the team hostage over the name change, but it was worse when they dropped their sponsorship anyhow after they got their way.
Many of us were saying at the time that sponsors were looking for any excuse they could find to get out of deals during Covid and this was a disingenuous and easy out for them. It didn’t take long for them to prove us right. They don’t deserve any support from the community now.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Many of us were saying at the time that sponsors were looking for any excuse they could find to get out of deals during Covid and this was a disingenuous and easy out for them. It didn’t take long for them to prove us right. They don’t deserve any support from the community now.
Haven't been to one for years. The last time I went was the Calgary Trail location, and the service was beyond shitty. Their product simply isn't good enough for me to put up with that. Bunch of two faced scumbags.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Looks like some promotions for next game.

$15 college tickets, $6 drinks(although not sure what kind), $3 hotdogs and a chance to win a trip to Amsterdam

Reactions: bellagiobob

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I hope the EE turn Leake loose on the kick returns against the Bombers.

They say they don't want to risk getting Leake hurt by playing him on the returns but its rare to see a guy injured in that role. Running into the defensive line on a handoff is far more dangerous.

Mitchell is ok on the returns but he's not a burner or a serious threat to take it to the house. He's a good possession type receiver and very reliable but he's miscast in his current role as a returner on special teams.

What a sweet day it will be if the EE beat the Bombers, a team they haven't even compared to in the last 5 years and go 6 for 7 on the current streak.

Just 10 wins to go after the upcoming victory against the bombers--thereby matching the Oiler's win streak.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I hope the EE turn Leake loose on the kick returns against the Bombers.

They say they don't want to risk getting Leake hurt by playing him on the returns but its rare to see a guy injured in that role. Running into the defensive line on a handoff is far more dangerous.

Mitchell is ok on the returns but he's not a burner or a serious threat to take it to the house. He's a good possession type receiver and very reliable but he's miscast in his current role as a returner on special teams.

What a sweet day it will be if the EE beat the Bombers, a team they haven't even compared to in the last 5 years and go 6 for 7 on the current streak.

Just 10 wins to go after the upcoming victory against the bombers--thereby matching the Oiler's win streak.

Sorry to be a bit nit-picky but with only 5 regular season games, the most they could have is 8. And they've only won two in a row at this point (5 of the last 6 but the 4th game in that stretch was a loss).

That said, I'd be ecstatic with a 10 game winning streak to finish the year matching 2015.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Sorry to be a bit nit-picky but with only 5 regular season games, the most they could have is 8. And they've only won two in a row at this point (5 of the last 6 but the 4th game in that stretch was a loss).

That said, I'd be ecstatic with a 10 game winning streak to finish the year matching 2015.
To further nit-pick, who said the streak can't extend into 2025?

My original comment was purely in jest.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Heavy Dee's post # 3020.

All Elks gear half price on the website. Jerseys now say Edmonton instead of Elks. Signage at CW says Edmonton...
Good.
I need something to wipe my car with so the Elks gear provides a little extra satisfaction while Im cleaning. :D
Happy to support this new owner as well.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wow, the West is WIDE open now. The 2 games coming up against a banged up Bombers squad should be telling. With Streveler out for the rest of the year, the Bombers have nothing past a brittle Collaros should something happen to him.

Can't believe how badly Rourke is stumbling now. Again, one more case where guy returns from NFL dream and is not the same player as when they left. And Betts hasn't looked a whole lot better. Looks like they lost a starting wide receiver last night too.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Ac is a nice get.

Wow, the West is WIDE open now. The 2 games coming up against a banged up Bombers squad should be telling. With Streveler out for the rest of the year, the Bombers have nothing past a brittle Collaros should something happen to him.

Can't believe how badly Rourke is stumbling now. Again, one more case where guy returns from NFL dream and is not the same player as when they left. And Betts hasn't looked a whole lot better. Looks like they lost a starting wide receiver last night too.
Add in that Rick Campbell is such an overrated coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad