CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Myride

Mar 4, 2016
Edmonton
In his defense (pardon the pun) maybe he was just too stretched given he was HC and GM as well, especially the last few seasons before naming Shivers as DC. Coordinators have to eat sleep and breath game film and scheme development. I seriously don’t know where he would find the time. Naming Shivers as the full time DC for the season was probably the right thing but for some reason it wasn’t working. Shivers was well liked in Sask when he came over with Jones after the Grey Cup win.

I may be mistaken (people often tell me that) BUT isn't that the reason he left us for Saskatchewan way back when? They gave him complete control where the Eskimos wouldn't? Then on his return "complete control" blew up in his face a second time (Riders being the first).

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I may be mistaken (people often tell me that) BUT isn't that the reason he left us for Saskatchewan way back when? They gave him complete control where the Eskimos wouldn't? Then on his return "complete control" blew up in his face a second time (Riders being the first).
You’re correct. He was stretched in too many directions to be effective. He started to dole out responsibility to coordinators and such when he was taking in water, but, like you said, he still had his finger in on everything and I don’t think he relinquished as much as titles suggested. It’s his Achilles heel.

Reactions: Myride

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The only bad thing is how precarious the cfl is, I don’t want him to get his hooks into another franchise and drag them down.

He should only be able to do so much damage at the DC position. I hope for Hamilton's sake that he's competent again if he can exclusively focus on the thing he did best.

Guy is like a cockroach.

Following in Tillman's footsteps. You get nine lives in the CFL. Eight when Ottawa is in a state of dormancy.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I thought it was the 19' season. Didn't they go 7-2 and then 2-7 at the back half of the season.

edit: i was wrong. Just looked it up. 8-10 record

Noticed that attendance in 19' before the name change wasn't all that great. Many dates under 30K.

Yeah 2019 was a terrible year as a fan. The team was terrible in the red zone and only won games if they were playing really terrbile Toronto, BC or Ottawa teams who I think didn't win 10 games combined between the 3 of them.

I seem to recall weather was particularly bad that year as well.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad