CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
That was huge. Collars start to get tight if they had to punt again. Don't love that it took until now to do anything on offense in this half, but that should be enough to remove any doubt.

Reactions: Sra1974

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
One of my best CFL memories is the 64,000+ crowd against the Riders in 2009. Even though the Esks lost, just being in a crowd of that size was an amazing adrenaline rush.

Hopefully we get to eventually enjoy an attendance/atmosphere boost like what BC has. But that will take years (if the league can even hold on that long).
I have a sense that there are a lot of closet fans who haven’t come out yet because the product has been awful. Give them an exciting reason to attend and they’ll come out. These are folks that have supported the team in the past and stepped away because of the shitshow it became (in the board room, on the sidelines and one the field).
We’re seeing a reason now.

Reactions: Oilhawks

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I have a sense that there are a lot of closet fans who haven’t come out yet because the product has been awful. Give them an exciting reason to attend and they’ll come out.
But even in 2015 when they ran the table to finish the year, they only got about 34K to come on out for the Western Final. That game should have had WAY more than what it did.

It's going to take a whole reboot of off-field culture in the community in order to rebuild what the BoD destroyed.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
But even in 2015 when they ran the table to finish the year, they only got about 34K to come on out for the Western Final. That game should have had WAY more than what it did.

It's going to take a whole reboot of off-field culture in the community in order to rebuild what the BoD destroyed.
Helps that the new owner drinks Coors and not Coors Light 🍻

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Yes I asked the same question of you after you did if the new Elks owner, but anyway you find that offensive guess.

Over and out. You’re not worth the air.

What was offensive was the "f*** off" to begin with.

I really don't care about the question at all. Also I have had a few myself. So there you go.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019

That’s true…no argument. I may have rose-coloured glasses when I say this but winning games and hiring credible head coach and GM would be huge in making a turnaround happen.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

Playoff games aren't actually that well attended historically, rarely more than the seasonal average unless it's an exceptionally nice day out. I figure the more casual fans that will come out in the summer and early fall are content to watch on TV in November.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad