CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Its like the "Jones" weight has been lifted from everyone's shoulders--including the fans.

Most of the stupid mistakes we were seeing earlier in the year that were costing them games seem to be gone now. That might be enough alone to turn it around. All the games have been close outside of that 1 Winnipeg game.

First time I’ve heard him speak. He really seems like a very old man.
Reminds me of a Mafia Don.

• Haha
Reactions: rboomercat90

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Hamilton is just not in it mentally, although one could argue that has been the case in several previous games too. Mistake after mistake, and nice to see it get taken advantage of. This one appears over, CFL weirdness notwithstanding. Nice debut for the new owner.

Reactions: Barrsy

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Elks have to keep it up. I remember a game years ago when the Ti Cats had a monster comeback in the second half with Masoli at QB. Probably not likely to happen tonight since Bo has struggled mightily this season aside from his massive passing yards but still.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Hamilton is just not in it mentally, although one could argue that has been the case in several previous games too. Mistake after mistake, and nice to see it get taken advantage of. This one appears over, CFL weirdness notwithstanding. Nice debut for the new owner.
Yes. They are terrible

Is the new owner drunk?
What a stupid comment

That was deliberate. Morgan belongs in jail
The command centre has decided that they will no longer review certain calls by the refs. The CFL wants mistakes to be a part of the game.
just quit. Troll

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Give him a break. He’s not a public speaker. This is a good day for the CFL.
What a stupid comment

f***ing calm down children. It wasn't an accusation. It's Saturday, he's at a football game, he has something to celebrate, he's allowed to have a few drinks. Or maybe more than a few, more the merrier. I was asking a f***ing question.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
f***ing calm down children. It wasn't an accusation. It's Saturday, he's at a football game, he has something to celebrate, he's allowed to have a few drinks. Or maybe more than a few, more the merrier. I was asking a f***ing question.
Fukk off.

Are you drunk?

I’m just asking a question. It’s a Saturday night after all.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Nope. I don’t think that’s it. It’s who he is. Sounded the exact way at the presser.
He’s a super rich blue collar dude who’s not sophisticated with the media.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Fukk off.

Are you drunk?

I’m just asking a question. It’s a Saturday night after all.

A childish response, from the man child.

Nope. I don’t think that’s it. It’s who he is. Sounded the exact way at the presser.

Fair enough. Just has a bit of a different speech pattern. This was the first time I've heard him talk.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I don't know what the Cats are paying Bo-Levi but I would say that he's in for a pay cut next season.

Morgan and Anderson are a snarly pair. You hate it when they play for someone else but when they play for the EE we call it "over zealous."

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't know what the Cats are paying Bo-Levi but I would say that he's in for a pay cut next season.

Morgan and Anderson are a snarly pair. You hate it when they play for someone else but when they play for the EE we call it "over zealous."
He already restructured his contract recently to lower the cap hit.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Anyone who knows him knows this. Guy is real and generous. Who gives a shit if he doesn't give a good soundbite.

He put his reputation on the line. He will do whatever it takes to win. And I won't be surprised if he spends his own money to build a new stadium.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Anyone who knows him knows this. Guy is real and generous. Who gives a shit if he doesn't give a good soundbite.

He put his reputation on the line. He will do whatever it takes to win. And I won't be surprised if he spends his own money to build a new stadium.

Didn't we just renovate Commonwealth? I mean if he wants to build a new one, then sure go for it I guess.

Just not entirely sure if that's the best allocation of $ to make more people come to games. It would be almost impossible to get a better location with similar transit access.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
CFL vs NFL standards for PI are so wildly different.

That is a legal defensive play all day in the NFL. Yet that's a pretty clear cut defensive PI in the CFL.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Didn't we just renovate Commonwealth? I mean if he wants to build a new one, then sure go for it I guess.

Just not entirely sure if that's the best allocation of $ to make more people come to games. It would be almost impossible to get a better location with similar transit access.
The issue is it's cavernous and the track separates the fans from the play.

It's miles ahead of what Calgary has, but not ideal for a great fan experience.

Plus the city controls all concessions which suck

Reactions: brentashton

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
The issue is it's cavernous and the track separates the fans from the play.

It's miles ahead of what Calgary has, but not ideal for a great fan experience.

Plus the city controls all concessions which suck

Those are decent reasons. That being said Commonwealth didn't feel that cavernous until the team started only pulling in like 15 or 20 thousand fans.

If this man can work some miracles and get us back up to mid-30k then it won't feel like 3/4 of the stadium is empty.

Didn't know about the concessions, but looking back at previous experiences that does make sense lol.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
You told me to f*** off then asked the same question.

Now you're calling me a dickhead.

Pick a lane.
Yes I asked the same question of you after you did if the new Elks owner, but anyway you find that offensive guess.

Over and out. You’re not worth the air.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Offense has gone a bit cold here, still need som possession time to eat up the clock.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Those are decent reasons. That being said Commonwealth didn't feel that cavernous until the team started only pulling in like 15 or 20 thousand fans.

If this man can work some miracles and get us back up to mid-30k then it won't feel like 3/4 of the stadium is empty.

Didn't know about the concessions, but looking back at previous experiences that does make sense lol.
One of my best CFL memories is the 64,000+ crowd against the Riders in 2009. Even though the Esks lost, just being in a crowd of that size was an amazing adrenaline rush.

Hopefully we get to eventually enjoy an attendance/atmosphere boost like what BC has. But that will take years (if the league can even hold on that long).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad