CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I took the trouble to look it up. Determined it was 2018 ten seconds before Kate mentioned it 🤣
Yes, heard Kate mention it in the post game but thanks for looking it up.

Unreal, 6 years to win 3 in a row--but I'll take it. Not going to get drunk though. I guess we've seen enough of that tonight. What a shame that the game thread was ruined.

Not happy with how the 2nd half went. Old habits surface again.

Mayala has been a great find for the Eskies on offense. Canadian receivers are much improved this season.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I took the trouble to look it up. Determined it was 2018 ten seconds before Kate mentioned it 🤣
I thought it was the 19' season. Didn't they go 7-2 and then 2-7 at the back half of the season.

edit: i was wrong. Just looked it up. 8-10 record

Noticed that attendance in 19' before the name change wasn't all that great. Many dates under 30K.

Last edited:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Lol they could f*** around and make the playoffs.

Crazy.

Also - low-key I think the elks are the most physical team in the league, tbh. We are just running over teams man.

Reactions: bellagiobob

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
That’s true…no argument. I may have rose-coloured glasses when I say this but winning games and hiring credible head coach and GM would be huge in making a turnaround happen.
Nothing succeeds like success. I didn't fully realize how heavily Jones weighed on the franchise. Its like a weight was lifted from the shoulders.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Really good game by a number of guys tonight. That Jones guy (#84) looks like a steal. Big , tall, and grabs the contested balls. And Rankin is another great find, although a bit of a fortunate one, that required injury to get into the lineup and noticed. Our defence still needs plenty of work. Not sure I'd hang on to #5, and the dline does not get nearly enough pressure on the QB, and allows too much on the ground.

Congrats to Larry and his relatively hot wife on their first victory as new owners! Here's hoping to many more for you.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Not the biggest fan of Morgan, but that kid came to play tonight.
Yeah, I thought his first hit was pretty dirty. Second one questionable but not over the top. He made his presence felt but he wasn’t the only one. As a group they were hitting hard tonight. The Ti-cats offensive players are gonna know they were in a game when they wake up tomorrow. This is something I think we’ve been missing for a while.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Not the biggest fan of Morgan, but that kid came to play tonight.
He’s a great linebacker. You don’t like great linebackers?

I was hoping the EE players would give Larry Thompson a Gatorade shower last night.

(I hope that ‘Cats’ player with the unpronounceable name who got hurt is okay.)

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
He's still considered as a great defensive coordinator by some people in the CFL.

You would never know it after his 2.5 seasons in Edmonton. Possibly the worst D in the history of the club.
In his defense (pardon the pun) maybe he was just too stretched given he was HC and GM as well, especially the last few seasons before naming Shivers as DC. Coordinators have to eat sleep and breath game film and scheme development. I seriously don’t know where he would find the time. Naming Shivers as the full time DC for the season was probably the right thing but for some reason it wasn’t working. Shivers was well liked in Sask when he came over with Jones after the Grey Cup win.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
In his defense (pardon the pun) maybe he was just too stretched given he was HC and GM as well, especially the last few seasons before naming Shivers as DC. Coordinators have to eat sleep and breath game film and scheme development. I seriously don’t know where he would find the time. Naming Shivers as the full time DC for the season was probably the right thing but for some reason it wasn’t working. Shivers was well liked in Sask when he came over with Jones after the Grey Cup win.
I think it’s over confidence with him, he wants to control very aspect and thinks he’s capable of doing it all. Evidence says not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad