GDT: Central Division Semifinal Game #1 | Wild @ Stars | 8:30pm CDT | ESPN2/BSN/KFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Funnily enough, that Popeyes used to be a KFC.
One of the 14 KFC locations that closed like 5 years or so ago when the 1 guy owning them decided to get out of the business I take it. A couple of the locations ended up as Popeye's after that... funny enough, the one in Rosemount became a Von Hansen's.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If we're talking about great fried chicken, neither Popeye's or KFC or Raisin' Canes compares with Bojangles. I found them when I was stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina and haven't found anything better since.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You shut your mouth.
miles-reface-no.gif

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Overrated.
Cane's is entirely their sauce. Their chicken on its own is pretty average.

I've heard great things about Church's but haven't ever been there. I usually go to Chick fil A which has the best chicken of the places I've been to.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
If we're talking about great fried chicken, neither Popeye's or KFC or Raisin' Canes compares with Bojangles. I found them when I was stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina and haven't found anything better.
2nd bojangles from my time in NC. Great sweet tea as well.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Cane's is entirely their sauce. Their chicken on its own is pretty average.

I've heard great things about Church's but haven't ever been there. I usually go to Chick fil A which has the best chicken of the places I've been to.
Exactly right about Cane's...

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Willie Mae’s scotch house in New Orleans has, bar none, the best fried chicken in the world.

If you ever swing through there you have to try it.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I am not a one dimensional eater. More to my game than merely Baker’s. Dan Dan noodles, Bahn Mi’s from Quang, and Punch and Lou Malnati’s pizza, all in play, as well as a coffee malt from Snuffy’s if the weather ever warms up.

I do it all for the team, because that’s the sort of guy I am.
A giver on all fronts really

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anyone know of any good Nashville hot chicken places in the TC area?

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Canes is pretty good for fast food chicken chain though. I will agree that it’s really the sauce and toast that make canes great. Chicken is just above average imo, and the fries are extremely mid. Not many Canes around me in LA unfortunately

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Canes is pretty good for fast food chicken chain though. I will agree that it’s really the sauce and toast that make canes great. Chicken is just above average imo, and the fries are extremely mid. Not many Canes around me in LA unfortunately
Oh, It's definitely the sauce. Mmmmmm

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Anyone know of any good Nashville hot chicken places in the TC area?
I'm obsessed with Nashville hot chicken, but haven't had a ton in the area. I've heard great things about the chain Dave's Hot Chicken, but they don't have any in MN yet, and I've never had it. Luckily they are starting to bring some here, starting with Minnetonka potentially later this year.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm obsessed with Nashville hot chicken, but haven't had a ton in the area. I've heard great things about the chain Dave's Hot Chicken, but they don't have any in MN yet, and I've never had it. Luckily they are starting to bring some here, starting with Minnetonka potentially later this year.

I was fairly underwhelmed with Dave's, to be honest. The seasoning blend was a little too heavy on the chili powder for my liking. I may have to try it again though, it might have just been that one day? Their strawberry milkshake was great though :laugh:

I've had good experiences with Monroe's Hot Chicken in the Phoenix area, if anyone ever goes there. Still haven't found a good place in MSP, but I'll have to try that Nashville Coop place KSU suggested earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad