Bruins Centennial Centennial Season

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
@Fenway was calling on the team to honor every living player who wore the sweater.

Certainly honor those who have passed as well.

When they decided to celebrate 100 players, there were always going to be guys who got left off.

There are arguments to be made for sure.
I think the list definitely skews towards the 2011 Cup roster.

Glad to see some of the players from the dark ages of 1996-2005 get some love.
There are some notable omissions.
I was a huge Brian Rolston fan.

One could argue that Brickley belongs on the list given how long he’s been part of the broadcast.
Maybe they do something to recognize the broadcasters this season at some point?

Shea, Gaucher, Jack, Brick, Beers, Dale, Derek, and those who are no longer with us.

Victorias

May 1, 2022
62E1B600-C61B-4696-AD9F-C3211DA2B991.jpeg

Who ya got?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I am going to do my own over the next few weeks - I basically started going in 66-67 so going to start there. My folks started goingevery game when they got married around 1950 but I heard all the stories

From 1924-1960 I’ll be looking stuff up and admit I had no idea who 2 guys were already which surprised me lol

I’m curious what I come up with - I’ll do LOCKS , NO BRAINER like Westfall & Lucic, and GOTTA likd Horton & Wesley

The 4th tier will be very interesting as I get to Seguin (I actually feel he’s a GOTTA), Kessel, Joey Juneau and Jake DeBrusk types

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Kessel's inclusion is pretty interesting. He was awesome at his peak with the Pens, but in Bruins history he's more in Vladimir Ruzicka territory. One very good season and a handful of very good playoff games.

Perhaps they could have done a Half Kessel/Half Seguin drawing. :sarcasm:
Kessel was the Bruins leading goal scorer for both of his playoff runs here, despite of Clode's love for Jeremy Reich

Reactions: DKH

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Good modern era lineup. Much as I like Krug I'd probably now slot McAvoy in ahead of him but otherwise I don't think I'd change much else. Except one thing - Why'd you choose Dafoe over Rask?
I just picked my favorites.

Not necessarily the best.

I don’t really remember much from Moog/Lemelin.
Also, didn’t really have a LW to pair with Oates and Neely (which is pretty accurate in hindsight haha) so went with Donato.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I just picked my favorites.

Not necessarily the best.

I don’t really remember much from Moog/Lemelin.
Also, didn’t really have a LW to pair with Oates and Neely (which is pretty accurate in hindsight haha) so went with Donato.
Oates had 2 years of Juneau and they were phenomenal- two RPI guys but guys like Sinden & Belichick you don’t cross

Neely mostly played early on with Kasper & Burridge

Once he went with janney he had Courtnall his hometown buddy

Courtnall was incredible and was on a 45 goal pace in February (I think he was at 32) when Harry traded him to get him away from Neely

Sinden hated Courtnall and his inclusion was horrible

Neely wasn’t hurt yet and I was confident these two are going to average 100 goals a season - they are unstoppable

Unfortunately they were unstoppable off the ice as well

Sinden made 2 deals that I am still pissed - Secord for MOC & Courtnall to get him as far away from here and East as possible

Courtnall though returned East the next season and he was around 40 goals

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
By far the biggest omission IMO is Tommy Williams.

Scored 96 goals in 8 years with Boston and was a part of a the BOW Line. His late son
was also drafted by Boston.

He scored 23 goals in 1962-63 when 23 goals in the O6 was an accomplishment.

Honestly, its a significant miss. He deserves inclusion way more than John Wensink.

Incidentally isn't Harry Oliver actually Murray Oliver?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Shawn Thornton had 76 points in his Bruins career.

Jozef Stumpel had 76 points in 1997.
Joe Juneau was a beast BUT he wanted to get paid

Murray Oliver was insane omission

In 6 team league he and Bucyk were able to go up against Howe & Delvecchio, Beliveau & Geoffteon, Keon & Mahavolich, and Hull & Makita. He was PK and 3 time All Star & 3 time top 10 in a league where everyone eventually went in HOF. He was good on Leafs - and Minnesota

Ridiculous

Juneau maybe was here so little but he certainly left his mark

By far the biggest omission IMO is Tommy Williams.

Scored 96 goals in 8 years with Boston and was a part of a the BOW Line. His late son
was also drafted by Boston.

He scored 23 goals in 1962-63 when 23 goals in the O6 was an accomplishment.

Honestly, its a significant miss. He deserves inclusion way more than John Wensink.

Incidentally isn't Harry Oliver actually Murray Oliver?
Boom

I saw that this afternoon

Great great great call on Williams

Yes!!!!!

I thought so but there was a Harry Oliver and he played 7 years in 30’s or 40’s and was good so……

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
@Fenway was calling on the team to honor every living player who wore the sweater.

Certainly honor those who have passed as well.

When they decided to celebrate 100 players, there were always going to be guys who got left off.

There are arguments to be made for sure.
I think the list definitely skews towards the 2011 Cup roster.

Glad to see some of the players from the dark ages of 1996-2005 get some love.
There are some notable omissions.
I was a huge Brian Rolston fan.

One could argue that Brickley belongs on the list given how long he’s been part of the broadcast.
Maybe they do something to recognize the broadcasters this season at some point?

Shea, Gaucher, Jack, Brick, Beers, Dale, Derek, and those who are no longer with us.

Tommy Williams flat out the biggest omission. No way Wensink deserves inclusion over him. Having a great half season and challenging The North Stars bench shouldn't get you a spot over Williams's 8 years, 390 games. He would have broken 100 goals easily if he wasn't injured several times.

Being told there was a Harry Oliver, so 2\3 of The BOW line left off who absolutely deserve inclusion with Murray Oliver now #1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Tommy Williams flat out the biggest omission. No way Wensink deserves inclusion over him. Having a great half season and challenging The North Stars bench shouldn't get you a spot over Williams's 8 years, 390 games. He would have broken 100 goals easily if he wasn't injured several times.

Being told there was a Harry Oliver, so 2\3 of The BOW line left off who absolutely deserve inclusion with Murray Oliver now #1.
@Fenway will be weighing in between the hours of 1am and 3am with some deep cuts in Bruins history as well as some omissions, and I can’t wait to wake up to those posts.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad