Bruins Centennial Centennial Season

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Kinda sad Pat Egan not included. I personally got to know him when I was young. Aside from playing for the team he was the ‘go to guy’ for anyone traded here. Including Bucyk. Theyd stay at his house in Arlington until they could get settled.
Pat also was the fill in guy for color guy when Johnny Pierson had his annual furniture trip away from the broadcast.
I'm wondering if this is part of why Shawn Thornton was added. He rents his condo in Charlestown out to players and always hosted Thanksgiving for those who couldn't get home to celebrate

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Kinda sad Pat Egan not included. I personally got to know him when I was young. Aside from playing for the team he was the ‘go to guy’ for anyone traded here. Including Bucyk. Theyd stay at his house in Arlington until they could get settled.
Pat also was the fill in guy for color guy when Johnny Pierson had his annual furniture trip away from the broadcast.

Think Egan was the color guy for TV 38 during the 1970 Cup run.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I'm wondering if this is part of why Shawn Thornton was added. He rents his condo in Charlestown out to players and always hosted Thanksgiving for those who couldn't get home to celebrate

My son use to see him walking his dog(s) in Charlestown.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
7 defensemen from the 1970\72 Cup Champions were named. Smith's, Awrey, Doak,
Vadnais, Green and off course Orr.

7 Dmen off Cup Teams known for offense IMO is excessive. However both Doak and R. Smith played on I believe 3 Cup Finalists and played on teams that spanned
1969-70 through 1979-80. Though they had other stops in between. IMO Vadnais should have been left off and Murray Oliver added.

Maybe they should have traded Ted Donato and his "Price Is Right" appearance
for Tommy Williams and his "I've Got A Secret" spot!!!

No reason for either Vadnais or Doak to be on this list.

Notice Mike O'Connell on the list, but not Al Secord. That must piss someone off.

Ken Linseman taints the list.

Maybe meant he was left off and McAvoy was on it?

I hope not.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
For all the hand wringing about Thornton, who that was omitted was more of a Bruin than he was?

7 years as a heart and soul guy and frankly The Merlot Line should have representation in this exercise.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
@KillerMillerTime - The beef Harry had with Williams dates back to the 1960 Olympics

Sinden resented that Williams got to play in the NHL and he didn't. I know for a fact that Ed Sandford wanted to make Williams an off-ice official in Boston and Sinden said no.

I met Tommy one night in a bar/pizza joint he owned in Hudson, MA circa 1985 and I simply said 'I remember when you played for the B's' and he barked 'What was my number?' and I replied 11. I wound up crashing at his house.

I said from the get-go you had seventy players who were locks and 71-100 would be open to a debate and that is where we are.

Just more proof as if any were needed that Harry Sinden is a mean spirited, petty & vindictive son of a bitch. I'm sure @GordonHowe will back me up on this.

I mean really. A guy makes it big playing in the Olympics & the NHL and instead of being happy for him Sinden resents him. :rolleyes:

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Back in 2009 I used to deliver food from a local place and one of the loyal customers was one of the Crowder family members (last name was always on the slip). He lived in the middle of the woods in a nice house in the Shire. Never knew about the Crowders since they were before my time until I mentioned the Bruins flag in front of his house to him, and the fact he always had the Bruins game on in the living room when I arrived with his food.

He told me a brief story that I forget since I was only 18-19yo at the time(and probably in a rush) but kinda interesting thinking back.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
That defense alone would murder. Hell, you could ice our current forward lineup and they’d still kill with that blueline.

Montreal's D is great also though not quite as good as Boston's. Park had 3 really good years but was really playing on 1 knee beginning in 1978-79 season. Park's longest length of peak play tilted towards NY.

Montreal D

Savard - Harvey
Chelios - Robinson
Lapointe - Langway

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Montreal's D is great also though not quite as good as Boston's. Park had 3 really good years but was really playing on 1 knee beginning in 1978-79 season. Park's longest length of peak play tilted towards NY.

Montreal D

Savard - Harvey
Chelios - Robinson
Lapointe - Langway

Forgot about Langway. Though his peak wasn't in Montreal. Lapierrere was a Norris Trophy winner with the Canadiens.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

He should be the pp coach here. He wanted it multiple times. The brass said no. This guy loves us and we just continue to not want him. There is no reason why he shouldn't be on our staff over Calgary. None.

Also. I'm very happy to see Sergei Samsonov included on the list. That was my favorite player as a little kid. Gosh was he fun to watch. People forget how great he was before his injuries.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Back in 2009 I used to deliver food from a local place and one of the loyal customers was one of the Crowder family members (last name was always on the slip). He lived in the middle of the woods in a nice house in the Shire. Never knew about the Crowders since they were before my time until I mentioned the Bruins flag in front of his house to him, and the fact he always had the Bruins game on in the living room when I arrived with his food.

He told me a brief story that I forget since I was only 18-19yo at the time(and probably in a rush) but kinda interesting thinking back.

It was probably Bruce, who coached UMass Lowell. My son played one year Metro Bantam Minor with his son on the MV Cardinals.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad