Proposal: Ceci to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
It's actually more of the young crowd wearing Habs stuff and older crowd wearing old sens shirts etc.
Granted I haven't been here long at all.
Nice try, though

You may be struggling with the localized demographics of this metro area. For example, on the Quebec side you will find lots of Habs fans, both young and old, same thing with the east side of Ottawa (Orleans).

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Just like you lost your credibility with your analysis of the Leaf players

I highly doubt even one of the players offered by the Leafs even plays 200 NHL games.

Come back when you have something smart to say :)

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
It's actually more of the young crowd wearing Habs stuff and older crowd wearing old sens shirts etc.
Granted I haven't been here long at all.
Nice try, though

Oh come on, skippy. Think about it for a second.

I live in Ottawa, and I was 10 years old when the Sens started playing.

My mom isn't a huge hockey fan, so in my case, if my dad was a hardcore Habs fan, or a hardcore Leafs fan, then I probably would have spent my first 10 years of life cheering for one of those teams right along side him.

But luckily he wasn't, and when the Sens came to town, we jumped on board and haven't looked back since.

Before 1992, pretty much the whole damn city was either a Habs or a Leafs supporter, and many of those families kept on supporting their teams. Now that there's a younger generation being born to families that still support their original teams, it shouldn't take a genius to figure out that there's still a lot of Habs and Leafs fans in the Ottawa region.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Good lord how did this thread actually reach 8 pages. It was a good laugh though hearing some leafs fans actually pass on the deal :laugh:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
:laugh: you're joking, right?

No he is not. Ottawa needs an over payment to trade Ceci, the team finally has a decent top-4 in ages and the acquisition of Phaneuf was exactly for that purpose. Phaneuf helps shore up the top-4, allowing Ceci to grow his game as a top-3 guy as opposed to somebody whose game regresses (or simply doesn't progress) with musical chairs as his partners (Cowen, Wiercioch, Boro).

Ceci is not being traded, and not for the OP package.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Good lord how did this thread actually reach 8 pages. It was a good laugh though hearing some leafs fans actually pass on the deal :laugh:

They have had practice imagining a good team for quite a while. So to be fair not everyone's imagination of a good player in diapers is quite as advanced.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Where do I sign for this trade? lol

Connor Brown is 100% an NHL player, but Ceci would fit perfectly in the Leafs top 4 moving forward.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Also, as a Sens fan, I apologize for those who think Ceci's value equals that of Rielly or Matthews.

That's silly.

STOP BEING SILLY, SENS FANS!

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
No he is not Sens Stalker Man. Ottawa needs an over payment to trade Ceci, the team finally has a decent top-4 in ages and the acquisition of Phaneuf was exactly for that purpose. Phaneuf helps shore up the top-4, allowing Ceci to grow his game as a top-3 guy as opposed to somebody whose game regresses (or simply doesn't progress) with musical chairs as his partners (Cowen, Wiercioch, Boro).

Ceci is not being traded, and not for the OP package.

Rielly is better than Ceci and it's not particularly close.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
You may be struggling with the localized demographics of this metro area. For example, on the Quebec side you will find lots of Habs fans, both young and old, same thing with the east side of Ottawa (Orleans).

You seem insecure. Yoy immediately resort to condescending comments.

Have a good day, pal

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Trust me, you don't want to get into it with that guy. He'll leave you with a headache from trying to figure out what he is talking about
Yep like you saying one thing, then backpeddalling and claiming you didnt say it :handclap:

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
You seem insecure. Yoy immediately resort to condescending comments.

Have a good day, pal

So either you were playing ignorant to the situation in Ottawa or actually are? Good day to you too, pal.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm really looking forward to Ceci's play this year.

He finally has a decent partner on that second pairing and he might have the go ahead to rush and move the puck more as he did at the World Championships.

He has a well-rounded skill set but more importantly he plays a cerebral game and makes a lot of smart plays when he's playing with confidence.

There are a few guys that I'll be watching particularly closely from a development point of view including Lazar, Pageau and Ceci because I think this upcoming year will say a lot about how they might project.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
So either you were playing ignorant to the situation in Ottawa or actually are? Good day to you too, pal.

Or maybe I was just making an observation that didn't need an in depth discussion.

You're the guy that gets into an argument with someone who says good morning " what's so good about it? My coffee was cold and I woke up late"

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Until you guys get an owner who is willing to spend money, you guys won't win anything. Which is too bad because I moved to Ottawa and would love to go to a late round playoff game

You must be broke from all of those playoff tickets you bought in the Big Smoke over the last ten years.

Talk about a massive drain on your personal finances!!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Then he dropped like a rock and sunk to the bottom of the pecking order. Whatever team Canada did proved to be the right choice because they came back with a gold medal. Meaning getting Rielly to play 10 more minutes than Ceci and shut down a red hot Laine in the finals while Ceci mostly watched from the bench was the right choice.
Such nonsense ,we were undefeated.And Ceci was at the top of the list as far as production goes in that tourney.Team Canada played the favorite card and little else with Ellis.Reilly,s role on that team was far:nod: different than Ceci,s was

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
This threads needs to be closed.

It will take one of Matthews, Marner, Nylander or Rielly to get Ceci. Leafs aren't giving up any of those 4 so there is no deal to be made between these teams.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This threads needs to be closed.

It will take one of Matthews, Marner, Nylander or Rielly to get Ceci. Leafs aren't giving up any of those 4 so there is no deal to be made between these teams.
Because he obviously isnt worth that ...right

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
You must be broke from all of those playoff tickets you bought in the Big Smoke over the last ten years.
Talk about a massive drain on your personal finances!!

Lol no Ive never been to a playoff game in my life other than the ones I've played.

I was too young for the playoff appearances before the 4-1 collapse series so I've never had the chance to go to any playoff games.

I'll secretly cheer on the Sens while I'm here (except when they play the Leafs) and hopefully get to cheer them on through the playoffs.

I don't hate the Sens like I used to because of the Jonathan Pitre story and the fact that Karlsson is just so loveable.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
lol, Nylander > Ceci

Mr. HarrisonFord, perhaps you could represent the Leafs franchise and fanbase, and I will represent the Senators franchise and fanbase.

I propose that the acquisition of Cody Ceci by your Toronto Maple Leafs, while desirable to the rebuilding of your on-ice product, does not makes sense for the Ottawa Senators because the likely package of players and/or draft picks offered by your Toronto Maple Leafs does not make sense from a Senators perspective.

Furthermore, I would imagine that the counter proposal from my Ottawa Senators would not make sense to your Toronto Maple Leafs and the admirable rebuilding process that your team has embarked upon.

I applaud your team's dedication to rebuilding properly. I do not look forward to around 3 years from now when Matthews and Marner and Nylander and Rielly and anyone other young player that I have missed are all either very good or legit star players. You shall enjoy those years. I will not.

Let us now conclude this discussion and bid each other farewell.

can a Mod out there in Mod-land please put this thread out of it's miserable misery?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad