Proposal: Ceci to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How far away is Chabot? I've liked him as a prospect but does he have the top pairing upside?

The organization is challenging him to claim a spot as soon as possible.

They weren't impressed with his rookie camp but I think it was more about motivating him to be ready for the fall.

Last year in exhibition, he played so well that they couldn't send him home, and he ended up looking really good on a pairing with Erik Karlsson of all people.

I think he has top pairing upside in that he's a bit more dynamic and creative than a guy like Ceci but plays a smart game as well. Ceci seems like more of a #2-#3 at this stage.

He's still not eligible for AHL so he's sort of in that limbo stage of NHL or junior. You might see him play 9 games this year depending on how camp shakes out.

Realistically, I'd say next season he'll get a closer look with the ability to send him down to the AHL if need be.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
I'm trying to think of a trade that makes Ottawa and Toronto better but I don't see it assuming Chabot is untouchable.

If he isn't untouch able, what does it take to get him?

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I think we're dealing with pretty small sample sizes here.

I'd like to see 2-3 seasons with sufficient responsibilities.

Wiercioch had amazing advanced stats and it's pretty unanimous among Sens fans that he's terrible.

I'm still not sure what to make of Nylander. I guess we'll find out.

It'll be interesting to see how Ceci plays with a full year of Dion as his partner and Boucher as his coach.

Honestly, look at his stats from his draft year onwards. He was always the top producer in every year since then:

2014-2015 U24 SHL scoring:

1. Nylander (0.95 PPG) as an 18 year old

2014-2015 U20 AHL scoring:

2. Nylander (0.86 PPG) as an 18 year old

2015-2016 U20 AHL scoring:

1. Nylander (1.18 PPG) as a 19 year old

2015-2016 U20 NHL scoring:

1. Connor McDavid (1.07 PPG)
2. Jack Eichel (0.69 PPG)
3. William Nylander (0.59 PPG)

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
For Toronto it would ,for Ottawa this would be reversed.This Ceci doesnt have top pairing upside need to end ,he certainly does.He is currently stuck behind a norris trophy winner.And has dragged non nhl calibre defenders around for his first 2 full nhl seasons ,and hasnt fallen completely in a mire.He isnt finished being developed at all yet ,and he is already a good top 4 defender at 22 years old

Sorry, but you're wrong.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm trying to think of a trade that makes Ottawa and Toronto better but I don't see it assuming Chabot is untouchable.

If he isn't untouch able, what does it take to get him?

If there was some strong desire to compete immediately you could see someone like JVR coming this way. Toronto doesn't need to win right away and JVR is a veteran with a physical net presence that could be useful on the Sens (especially with Michalek and Zibby gone and Neil pretty much finished).

Ottawa doesn't really operate that way though and Toronto will need some older skilled players for the rookies to learn from to avoid the Edmonton situation.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Such nonsense ,we were undefeated.And Ceci was at the top of the list as far as production goes in that tourney.Team Canada played the favorite card and little else with Ellis.Reilly,s role on that team was far:nod: different than Ceci,s was

:help: You might want to recheck your facts

http://www.iihfworlds2016.com/en/games/2016-05-17/CAN-vs-FIN/#statistics-tab

Rielly was in charge of shutting down Laine and Barkov which he did. In fact Rielly and Tanev were the only pairing that weren't on for a goal against in that 4-0 loss and Rielly played the most minutes of any player in that game. Maybe the coach learned something there. Ceci on the other hand, well let's just say he had an off night.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It'll be interesting to see how Ceci plays with a full year of Dion as his partner and Boucher as his coach.

Honestly, look at his stats from his draft year onwards. He was always the top producer in every year since then:

2014-2015 U24 SHL scoring:

1. Nylander (0.95 PPG) as an 18 year old

2014-2015 U20 AHL scoring:

2. Nylander (0.86 PPG) as an 18 year old

2015-2016 U20 AHL scoring:

1. Nylander (1.18 PPG) as a 19 year old

2015-2016 U20 NHL scoring:

1. Connor McDavid (1.07 PPG)
2. Jack Eichel (0.69 PPG)
3. William Nylander (0.59 PPG)

I'm curious to see where all these guys end up in the lineup.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
He's not terrible, not in the least, he just hasn't shown any offense, which renders him near value-less. Have you ever watched him play? Because if you had, you wouldn't say he's 'teerrible'.

He's teerible just like Ceci is teerible.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think all 3 are #1C caliber players

Oh no, I think Ceci is a great 2nd pairing defenseman, I'm the worst!!!!!

Well i have noticed a trend in Leaf posters that all the Sens young players have peaked and leaf players have unlimited potential. Because over the last 10 years the leafs have developed so much better than the sens.... Wait a minute.

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Well i have noticed a trend in Leaf posters that all the Sens young players have peaked and leaf players have unlimited potential. Because over the last 10 years the leafs have developed so much better than the sens.... Wait a minute.

You're right, Shannahan and co. were the blame for that... oh wait a minute, they weren't there.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You're right, Shannahan and co. were the blame for that... oh wait a minute, they weren't there.

Fair but we still havent seen them develop in Toronto yet.... In Ottawa we know the track record. So again why is it that leafs young players and prospects have unlimited potential and the sens do not?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hmm seems your reading comprehension is off

Well as soon as sens fans didnt want the leafs b prospects and scraps for a top 4 22 year old D man that was a first rounder and is developing well all we hear is about how bad he is haha. Same with Lazar, its pretty funny.

siddy

Oct 26, 2010
Fair but we still havent seen them develop in Toronto yet.... In Ottawa we know the track record. So again why is it that leafs young players and prospects have unlimited potential and the sens do not?

Because the Leafs actually have good prospects :laugh:

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Well as soon as sens fans didnt want the leafs b prospects and scraps for a top 4 22 year old D man that was a first rounder and is developing well all we hear is about how bad he is haha. Same with Lazar, its pretty funny.

You're hearing people tear him down because someone implied/said he was better or as good as Rielly.
Not because Sens fans wouldn't give him up for quantity

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

I know, but I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt or at least a clean slate, don't you agree? Since Shanny came in and cleaned house in the scouting and player development department, the Leaf prospects have had some pretty impressive improvements. I mean you look at the Marlies players, and the guys still in the minors, they've had some serious improvements since that.

And in terms of potential, you have to admit that Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly all have #1C/#1W/#1D potential. Ceci probably has #2 potential. Lazar I thought was a good #2C prospect, but now he's looking like a #3C guy after his struggles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad