Proposal: Ceci to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Toronto's prospect pool is much stronger than Ottawa's wrt to depth and quality. Having said that, the Sens core currently playing in the big league aren't that old either, and by the time the key Leafs prospects become productive Ottawa will still have the core in their prime, allowing for the best qualified prospects to graduate to definitive roles that they will be allowed to flourish in (e.g. no need to rush Chabot, Whilte, Brown, Perron, et. al). That seems to be within the Sens' organizations roadmap.

Ottawa doesn't need anymore prospects, especially the ones posted by the OP, Ottawa's got their own dime-a-dozen prospects. Not for Ceci, who is in the top-4.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Toronto's prospect pool is much stronger than Ottawa's wrt to depth and quality. Having said that, the Sens core currently playing in the big league aren't that old either, and by the time the key Leafs prospects become productive Ottawa will still have the core in their prime, allowing for the best qualified prospects to graduate to definitive roles that they will be allowed to flourish in (e.g. no need to rush Chabot, Whilte, Brown, Perron, et. al). That seems to be within the Sens' organizations roadmap.

Ottawa doesn't need anymore prospects, especially the ones posted by the OP, Ottawa's got their own dime-a-dozen prospects. Not for Ceci, who is in the top-4.

Not sure which trade you are referring to but Brown and Dermott are not dime-a-dosem prospects. They may not be Nylander/Marner quality however they would be some of the top prospects on most NHL teams.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Not sure which trade you are referring to but Brown and Dermott are not dime-a-dosem prospects. They may not be Nylander/Marner quality however they would be some of the top prospects on most NHL teams.

They're pretty comparable to the average team's 3-8 prospects. Nothing special. They're not blue-chip guys.

For Ottawa, that would mean guys like Nick Paul, Dahlen, Gabriel Gagne, and Francis Perron.

Brown looks good, but so does Perron who is on a similar progression, just two years younger.

McDermott is no more special than the guys Ottawa drafted that same year in the second round, Filip Chalapik and Gagne.

To me, that is "dime-a-dozen". They might be good NHLers someday, Brown especially, but they're not top-end guys.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Fair but we still havent seen them develop in Toronto yet.... In Ottawa we know the track record. So again why is it that leafs young players and prospects have unlimited potential and the sens do not?

I'll explain it in eight words:

1st overall 4th overall 5th overall 8th overall

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I just hope for your sake they aren't as disappointing as Schenn and Kadri were.

How is Kadri disappointing exactly for a 7th overall pick? Sure he's not a superstar but he's a solid player for sure. Only one player drafted after him in the 1st round his draft year has more points than him so even in hindsight it was a good pick. It's not like he was drafted in the top 3 or anything.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
How is Kadri disappointing exactly? Sure he's not a superstar but he's a solid player for sure. Only one player drafted after him in the 1st round his draft year has more points than him so even in hindsight it was a good pick. It's not like he was drafted in the top 3 or anything.

I like Kadri and didn't mean it to be a slight on his ability but certainly not the #1C that Leaf fans made him out to be.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I like Kadri and didn't mean it to be a slight on his ability but certainly not the #1C that Leaf fans made him out to be.

I don't remember the last time any C was drafted in the top 10 that the respective fan base didn't try to make him out to have #1 potential. Just natural I guess. It was the highest forward we'd picked in 20 years though so I guess everyone got a little excited. A #7 pick these days in Toronto is chump change :)

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
They're pretty comparable to the average team's 3-8 prospects. Nothing special. They're not blue-chip guys.

For Ottawa, that would mean guys like Nick Paul, Dahlen, Gabriel Gagne, and Francis Perron.

Brown looks good, but so does Perron who is on a similar progression, just two years younger.

McDermott is no more special than the guys Ottawa drafted that same year in the second round, Filip Chalapik and Gagne.

To me, that is "dime-a-dozen". They might be good NHLers someday, Brown especially, but they're not top-end guys.

I would say Dermott is above the ones you mentioned. He is on the same level as Chabot. So where ever Chabot fits into your prospect pool is where Dermott slides in and I also feel that Neilsson is ever so slightly above Dermott. Now both Dermott and Neilsson are outside of our top 5

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
The only way a trade for Ceci happens for the Sens is if we include one of Matthews, Rielly, Marner or Nylander and since Ceci obviously isn't worth that, there's no trade to be made.

Sens would be stupid not to ask for one of those guys in return and the leafs would be stupid to give up one of those guys.

/thread

Nailed it. I see there's still 9 pages of discussion after this. Not gonna bother to read it because really, this all that needs to be said.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Oh yeah the biggest sen hater on the board doesnt agree. Shocker.

Can you honestly criticize anyone for being a team hater?

No Sens poster rages as hard as you do when it comes to Leafs related topics.

---

As for this thread, it's obvious that this trade favours the Leafs, lets move on.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Meanwhile, the Leafs have drafted Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly. All of them better/projected to be better than Kadri and Schenn by every reputable source.

The only one who has proven themselves is Rielly.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Meanwhile, the Leafs have drafted Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly. All of them better/projected to be better than Kadri and Schenn by every reputable source.

"Projected" Kadri and Schenn were "projected" to be pilars for the maple leafs but those expectations they never achieved. I think Toronto is doing some great things this time around but let's hit the brakes a little. I'm not saying the leafs are doomed, just that maybe Nylander isn't a #1C, maybe Rielly isn't a #1D.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
"Projected" Kadri and Schenn were "projected" to be pilars for the maple leafs but those expectations they never achieved. I think Toronto is doing some great things this time around but let's hit the brakes a little. I'm not saying the leafs are doomed, just that maybe Nylander isn't a #1C, maybe Rielly isn't a #1D.

Sens fans also projected Rundblad to be as good if not better than Karlsson, and Cowen to be a rock defensively on their blueline.

EXaEzgN.jpg

Connor

Aug 17, 2015

Shhhhh! :sarcasm:

.... Let the Leaf fan **** storm commence :)

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sens fans also projected Rundblad to be as good if not better than Karlsson, and Cowen to be a rock defensively on their blueline.

EXaEzgN.jpg

You would be correct. Learn from it. A small percentage of players actually reach the potential that fans set for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad