Proposal: Ceci to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
LOL are you crazy?

I have no issue with the statement you quoted that Lazar is a 3rd liner/average or whatever (he is still 21 though), but yeah, this is a case of 'bird in hand vs 2 birds in the bush'.

The leafs don't really need any more lottery tickets, they have enough young sure shots, they need to surround those guys with a good (still young) supporting cast, that can be signed at reasonable amounts, then things will become scary.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
There is a pretty good chance all of them become NHL players. Dermott was a recent 34th overall pick in a deep draft who along with Chabot was one of the better D for Canada at the WJC and has improved since then. Brown is a workhorse, a heart & soul player who was rated a top 50 prospect in the last Prospect ranking by THN I believe. He has always been underrated, just as he has been in this thread by posters who are obviously unfamiliar with him.

Leaving out Lazar, who isn't needed, Brown + Dermott is fair value in a vacuum for Ceci, adding Leipsic and a 2nd is overpay. But Ottawa fans wouldn't want to move Ceci, which is understandable.

Some notes; Brown wasn't a product of McDavid - people suggesting that are giving away that they are clueless. Nor was he a product of Nylander - once again, clueless if you believe that.

Dermott is in the same value ballpark as Chabot, if you refer to him as a "scrub" than don't let me catch you saying otherwise about Chabot. Dermott has actually continued to develop and would improve upon his draft position in a re-draft, on the other hand wasn't Chabot publicly called out for not bringing it recently?

So Dion is Ottawa's 2nd best D, and has helped Ceci? Cool, Dion was an anchor during his last year in TOR who Jake Gardiner had to carry. Gardiner>Phaneuf>Ceci. Forget Brown and Dermott, Ceci ++ for Gardiner.

Where did you hear derMott has improved greatly and would do better in a .ale believe redraft? Also please list the players he would surpass and reasons.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Should I replace Lazar with JGP? :laugh::laugh: I kid

What do you think about it value wise?

This is ATROCIOUS for Ottawa and I'm not a fan of either team.

A 5'9, 22 year old forward 3rd rounder who's played 6 NHL games

A 5'11, 22 year old forward 6th rounder who's played 7 NHL games

A 5'11, 19 year old defenceman 2nd rounder who hasn't progressed much from his draft year

FOR!!!!???

A 6'0, 21 year old forward 1st rounder who has played 143 NHL games

A 6'3, 22 year old defence (right shot) 1st rounder who has played 205 NHL games

Any Leaf fan(s) who DON'T state this is a total rip for the Sens have ZERO credibility.

siddy

Oct 26, 2010
This is ATROCIOUS for Ottawa and I'm not a fan of either team.

A 5'9, 22 year old forward 3rd rounder who's played 6 NHL games

A 5'11, 22 year old forward 6th rounder who's played 7 NHL games

A 5'11, 19 year old defenceman 2nd rounder who hasn't progressed much from his draft year

FOR!!!!???

A 6'0, 21 year old forward 1st rounder who has played 143 NHL games

A 6'3, 22 year old defence (right shot) 1st rounder who has played 205 NHL games

Any Leaf fan(s) who DON'T state this is a total rip for the Sens have ZERO credibility.

This is a really bad analysis of the trade. Draft order doesn't really mean much after a few years, it's about development and how players will project over time, also amount of NHL games played does not automatically make one player better than another.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Brown didn't have Nylander in the AHL when he won rookie of the year.

I think you missed the point if that's all you have to say about that post.

The point of the piece was that its irrelevant who people said he played with because he will be afforded the opportunity to play with good players on the Leafs. It was a deflector tone, but thanks for coming out.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
LOL are you crazy?

Right now Lazar isn't anything more than an average 3rd liner, and I really like the player. He has to show this year he has more at the NHL. I believe he can, but so far he hasn't proven more.

As for Brown for Ceci, I take that deal in a heart beat as a Leafs fan. Young RHD dmen with upside are extremely hard to acquire, as EDM. I am a big fan of Ceci, and would be a steal for Brown alone.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I think you missed the point if that's all you have to say about that post.

The point of the piece was that its irrelevant who people said he played with because he will be afforded the opportunity to play with good players on the Leafs. It was a deflector tone, but thanks for coming out.

When did you guys get good players? :sarcasm:

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
There is a pretty good chance all of them become NHL players. Dermott was a recent 34th overall pick in a deep draft who along with Chabot was one of the better D for Canada at the WJC and has improved since then. Brown is a workhorse, a heart & soul player who was rated a top 50 prospect in the last Prospect ranking by THN I believe. He has always been underrated, just as he has been in this thread by posters who are obviously unfamiliar with him.

Leaving out Lazar, who isn't needed, Brown + Dermott is fair value in a vacuum for Ceci, adding Leipsic and a 2nd is overpay. But Ottawa fans wouldn't want to move Ceci, which is understandable.

Some notes; Brown wasn't a product of McDavid - people suggesting that are giving away that they are clueless. Nor was he a product of Nylander - once again, clueless if you believe that.

Dermott is in the same value ballpark as Chabot, if you refer to him as a "scrub" than don't let me catch you saying otherwise about Chabot. Dermott has actually continued to develop and would improve upon his draft position in a re-draft, on the other hand wasn't Chabot publicly called out for not bringing it recently?

So Dion is Ottawa's 2nd best D, and has helped Ceci? Cool, Dion was an anchor during his last year in TOR who Jake Gardiner had to carry. Gardiner>Phaneuf>Ceci. Forget Brown and Dermott, Ceci ++ for Gardiner.

No there isn't. 10 years from now, if all of these players in playing in the NHL and have been doing for the 5 years leading up to that, I will delete my account.

It's never going to happen Karen.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I don't get why Ottawa would accept. They have a bunch of guys who are entering their prime. I don't get why they'd give up one of those to get younger. It would only make sense to do that for a goalie.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I hope you enjoy not being good enough for a good pick and not being good enough to make it past the first round of the playoffs. That's your next few years while you waste Karlssons prime.

We will continue to do things the right way (finally) and build a cup contender

If you think finishing bottom of the league year after year guaruntees you becoming a cup contender you may want to do some research.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
ooohhhh, the poor sens, we'll keep our young, proven and getting better roster. You guys can keep your young, unproven and horrible past decade.

We will keep it. You can keep your future first round exits as well until Karlsson slows down or your owner decides he doesn't want to pay Karlsson. Whichever comes first.

Until you guys get an owner who is willing to spend money, you guys won't win anything. Which is too bad because I moved to Ottawa and would love to go to a late round playoff game

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
If you think finishing bottom of the league year after year guaruntees you becoming a cup contender you may want to do some research.

It doesn't, you're right. But drafting players who are breaking records in their respective junior leagues and the AHL and drafting franchise centreman... Ya that'll help us be on our way to becoming cup contender.

Enjoy next year because it'll be the last year you finish ahead of the Leafs for a while.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
We will keep it. You can keep your future first round exits as well until Karlsson slows down or your owner decides he doesn't want to pay Karlsson. Whichever comes first.

Until you guys get an owner who is willing to spend money, you guys won't win anything. Which is too bad because I moved to Ottawa and would love to go to a late round playoff game

Who didn't we pay? Enlighten the world as we'd love to know.

P.S. I have no love lost for our owner

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Please look around at the demographic and also remember we got a team in 1992. It really isn't that tough to figure out.

It's actually more of the young crowd wearing Habs stuff and older crowd wearing old sens shirts etc.
Granted I haven't been here long at all.
Nice try, though

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
This is a really bad analysis of the trade. Draft order doesn't really mean much after a few years, it's about development and how players will project over time, also amount of NHL games played does not automatically make one player better than another.

The analysis is fine. It shows bigger, younger, better pedigree NHL players for players who have are on their last chance to even become NHL regulars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad