Value of: Carter Hart to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I'd rather trade for Askarov than Hart. Would Nashville switch first with Montreal giving up Askarov? Preds get 5th pick in draft, Michkov? We get 17th, Honzek
if I'm NAS i want the pick (5th) straight up, though this is a 'deep' draft, so, maybe offer a 3rd back (at best)
...Schneider trade would be the comparable, and Askarov has a higher ceiling

Big difference between Price and Hart.
sure is, one is retired, and the other plays on a bad team

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
if I'm NAS i want the pick (5th) straight up, though this is a 'deep' draft, so, maybe offer a 3rd back (at best)

Schneider was actually dominant in the NHL when he was traded for the 9th pick. Askarov isn't even dominant in the AHL...

Habs don't trade Michkov for a goalie. Hell i wouldn't even trade the Cats pick for Askarov. Until he proves he's a starter in the NHL he's worth zitt

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Schneider was actually dominant in the NHL when he was traded for the 9th pick. Askarov isn't even dominant in the AHL...

Habs don't trade Michkov for a goalie. Hell i wouldn't even trade the Cats pick for Askarov. Until he proves he's a starter in the NHL he's worth zitt
ironically, i was never impressed with Schneider ...and an injury basically ended his career.
Habs pick is up in the air, and they shouldnt trade it.
if its 5th, you likely done get Michkov anyways though. ...and for a pick that high, you would want a goalie that is more than just potential.
but, like i said, if i'm NAS, thats the 'ask' they would likely consider the FLA pick and a toss in, but, the initial ask would be the high pick.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
ironically, i was never impressed with Schneider ...and an injury basically ended his career.
Habs pick is up in the air, and they shouldnt trade it.
if its 5th, you likely done get Michkov anyways though. ...and for a pick that high, you would want a goalie that is more than just potential.
but, like i said, if i'm NAS, thats the 'ask' they would likely consider the FLA pick and a toss in, but, the initial ask would be the high pick.

No we wouldn't. We already drafted Askarov with a pick higher than Florida's pick and Askarov has improved his stock since then, adding a throw in does nothing for us. We'd want an elite prospect or a very high pick coming back.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021

Deep draft is different from top-heavy draft. You dont let go of late 1sts and 2nds in a deep draft. In a top heavy draft, you do. You dont trade a 5oa in a top-heavy draft.
Plus to call a draft deep, top-end, weak, months before it actually happens is nuts.

With the recent success of russian goalies, i doubt you get Askarov for cheap. He is 20. Shesterkin, Sorokin got here at 24-25. Even KHL best goalie 6’6 Ivan Fedotov signed and was seen as great goalie prospect ready to roll before being Putined.

Reactions: captainpaxil

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
lol hold up is there legitimate conversation for 5th for Askarov but that same ask is apparently out to town for a way more proven player, at every development stage in Hart??

This thread, man. AIDS.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
lol hold up is there legitimate conversation for 5th for Askarov but that same ask is apparently out to town for a way more proven player, at every development stage in Hart??

This thread, man. AIDS.
5th oa is way too much for either guy. Feel better?

Reactions: ole ole

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
They were talking about Hart being dealt last night on TV in the intermission of Oilers/Leafs game... The idea is being thrown around cause Philly will be apparently doing a rebuild and they suggested why have Hart in his prime during a rebuild.... Plus they also said Ersson is good enough to be the main man in Philly

It's because sports "analysts" are lazy as shit and if a team isn't a prohibitive favorite for a title they should just not try and should rebuild.

Sports have always been lazy hot take central, but it's gotten so much worse. They literally play by Royce Bobby rules, "If you're not first, you're last".

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
pretty sure most Philly fans would be happy with trading a few of Provorov, Konecny as they know it will take a few years to compete. Hart is a keeper for vast majority at 24. Everyone over 25 should be made available.

trading prime Schenn for 2 firsts (Frost and farabee) was start of the rebuild. Fletcher then made clueless moves.

Cates, Tippett, York already young nhlers. Gauthier seems like cant miss.
Jury still out on next wave Brink, Foerster, Andrae, Zamula, Desnoyers, Ersson.

returns should be a prospects around 20-21 blocked on their contending teams. And 1st picks. Mix and match.

Habs no good trading partners as they should not trade their prospects since they are in same situation.
Anyone who's seen Foerster absolutely knows he's a lock top 6 winger. Complete player with a lethal shot

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Absolutely not.

Hudson is as untouchable as it gets.

Hart hasn't done anything at the NHL level. He ain't worth a top 15pick + the best D prospect in the NHL.

Habs offer their 1st in 2026 and some B pieces. We do not need a goalie until summer 2024 when we woll be ready isj to compete!
Best D prospect in the NHL? :laugh:

I’d taken any of Edvinsson, Hughes, Nemec, Jiricek and others before that munchkin.

• Haha
Reactions: 10YearsAfter

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You have 7 teams within 9 points, 2 of them sold at the deadline and 1 passed on doing anything. Montreal needs to move up 20 points just to be in that mess. Montreal needs to improve by over 30 points to have a shot at the Wildcard. Do the Habs look like a team that is making a 30 point move? With limited cap space.
Limited cap space? Doesn’t Montreal have ~20M to work with and only Caufield to sign?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Whos the best Spencer Knight or Carter Hart?
Strange question.
same numbers lifetime .906
Knight younger and on a better team.

Maybe you should not compare a 2 season backup to a 5 yr starter.
Kotchekov, Sogaard or Knight?

Caufield or Tage Thompson?

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

lol what a loser and unecessary twitter post.

"Dear Sabres fans who were dreaming of making the playoffs for the first time in 12 frickin years and stop being the laughing stock of the NHL?

Dream on, my friends.

Sincerely,

The rest of the NHL"

Anyways, moving back to Carter Hart.

I think he'd be a nice target for Montreal, but the value is about a late first.

Montreal's first is top 7-8, and Florida's 1st is top 15.

Maybe an early 2nd + a small add.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Limited cap space? Doesn’t Montreal have ~20M to work with and only Caufield to sign?
Cap space not an issue. Having same team coming back is. Unless 3-4 forwards decide to conveniently retire, will be same team. Less injuries will add a few wins. Imagine having Suzuki and Caufield playing 0 game like Philly got with Couturier and Atkinson. Bottom 5 team. Both goalies going down, it happens too. Primeau in?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
lol what a loser and unecessary twitter post.

"Dear Sabres fans who were dreaming of making the playoffs for the first time in 12 frickin years and stop being the laughing stock of the NHL?

Dream on, my friends.

Sincerely,

The rest of the NHL"

Anyways, moving back to Carter Hart.

I think he'd be a nice target for Montreal, but the value is about a late first.

Montreal's first is top 7-8, and Florida's 1st is top 15.

Maybe an early 2nd + a small add.
Just maybe?
Cant wait to read who is the small add.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Just maybe?
Cant wait to read who is the small add.
I dunno, a prospect, a late 2nd or an early 3rd rounder? Something like that to get about the value of a late 1st.

Montreal's 2nd is currently #37.

Maybe 2023 Montreal 2nd + 2024 Avs 2nd vs 2023 Montreal 3rd.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I dunno, a prospect, a late 2nd or an early 3rd rounder? Something like that to get about the value of a late 1st.

Montreal's 2nd is currently #37.
Would you trade Montambeault and roll with Allen-Primeau for a 2nd and a 3rd?

And Montambeault is 2yrs older…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad